It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you See Me (No you Don't): The Tiny Chameleon from Madagascar that's no Bigger Than a Human Fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Barely an inch long from nose to tail, it’s hardly surprising that this tiny animal is rarely spotted.

For this miniscule chameleon is so small that it can sit on a human thumbnail with room to spare.

The miniature creature, from the Brookesia genus, was spotted on an expedition in Amber Mountain Park, Madagascar, by British wildlife photographer Will Burrard-Lucas.

Mr Burrard-Lucas and his brother Matt had just settled down for lunch during when their eagle-eyed guide spotted the creature.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Tiny: The delicate-looking creature is one of the world's smallest chameleons - and can sit on a human thumbnail with room to spare

Pygmy: It is so small it doesn't even need to change colour to help hide from its enemies

Although it has a large landmass, it is divided into many small ecosystems, making it difficult for a large species, and large predators, to thrive there.

Just thought I'd post this in the midst of all thats going on.

I love to see these articles. Specially the one about the frogs that were discovered in pitcher plants. Also about the size of a fingernail. I never knew that Chameleons could actually be so tiny. If its allowed to, i'd love to have one of those. But for now, I'll have to keep traing my foot sized cockroach, to learn to grow smaller............
:O

Hope you guys enjoy. It's not a conspiracy, or any proof to add to one, but it sure is something to get your mind off of that for a bit.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I for one enjoy seeing these kind of posts...there's enough doom & gloom going on elsewhere. Thanks! S&F.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Any further away shots?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Any further away I don't think it'll be able to see

I'll look and see if I can find one for you.

link   
Chameleons are my favourite animal (and band) in the whole wide world!

link   
That thing is so cool - they've just been chillin' in the jungle, minding their own business all these years, and we never before noticed them. I'm sure some kids probably played with them many years ago, but never bothered to tell scientists, because, hey, no one asked!

I want one.
edit on 13-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Little Farther away.

And now.....

edit on 13-12-2010 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
OMG how cute!!! I totally want one - or a few maybe. A small aquarium enclosure would give them plenty of room to run around. I hope pet stores will breed and sell some.

new topics

top topics

join