It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you engage with your government?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
to all members.
a thought occured to me during a recent thread reply.

do any members on this board email,write to or correspond in any way with their mp,senator,house rep,
minister or with anyone running the government machine to voice their concern over a particular issue?

i would appreciate replies from all nations on here. i am also interested in what concern you voiced
and how long it took to receive a reply if you got a reply at all.

i will start by stating that i have contacted caroline spelman who heads defra (department of the environment,food
and rural affairs) a number of times now regarding the proposal to privatise state owned forests here
in the uk.

the replies were slow

also i am far from satisfied with the answers given and continue to keep abreast of the issue.

enough about me, what about you?

thank you for your time

regards fakedirt.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've never contacted a representative, I don't know why, but I always have this feeling that it just won't work. Doesn't make it right though. The System is broken, it doesn't hurt to try, just never really cared. I see government and I think $$. I hate money, but I love it for the moment, because I can buy perfumes and stuff with it. I just wish there was another way to trade.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I was a fool - but yes, I proposed, and now I want my ring back.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

thanks for the reply. before posting i considered that stats on this thread regarding replies. i can hear the tumbleweeds in the distance!
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

still in posession of mine. won't give it up until a frenchy is in the offing!
2nd
f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No.

Never have, Never will. they Suck.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

your signature caught my eye.
2nd
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I exercise that right quite often. When an issue that I feel needs special attention,not only will I contact my Representatives,I try to make others aware of the issues so they can contact their Representatives. Believe it or not your voice does matter,and it is your right to voice your opinion...use it or lose it !!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Australia, Canberra.
Have contacted our PM's numerous times over the years. I have contacted them over Social Issues such as Child Care, also with regards to Fluoride in our water, there have been others but those are the most important. I have also sent emails to our Local Japanese Embassy as well voicing my disgust at their Whaling and Dolphin Slaughters.
I have gotten responses off the Australian PM's rep on both occasions, and found that they didnt really give a crap
I received no response from the Japanese Gov.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

thank you for the reply.
i would dearly like to read of more people communicating and voicing their concerns.
i feel that if anyone took ten minutes to correspond with their reps then at least they tried. the more the merrier i say.
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

these issues and more need to be firmly embedded into the minds of the reps. by persistence from many, they have to give attention to the issues. after all are they not supposed to represent us? isn't this on their election mandates?
the more people who decide to correspond i feel could become more pressure to change.
ten minutes on a weekly basis could possibly draw their attention to issues one feels strongly about.
i remain convinced that if all peoples round the world decide to correspond and voice their opinion/disgust etc,
they would have no choice but to listen and consider.
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I feel like it's pointless to contact a political representative. It's like entering a Sweep Stakes on the back of a cereal box, sure you cant enter, it doesn't mean you'll win or be paid any attention to it

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I do not at the moment, but in three years I will work for the Fed.

second line.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In the past 5 or so years, I have contacted reps over 200 times, I have gotten 10 replies. And one of the guys, Dick Army is constantly spamming my frikken email ever since....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

how so (:

Looks like someone has a little bit of mystery to them.

I added you as a friend for now

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenevert

point noted
thanks for the reply
f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

lets hope you havn't had a peep at you know what!
2nd
f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

thanks for the reply. could you enlighten me one the issues?
2nd
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

not sure how to take that reply however i thank the honourable member for putting me in quarantine.
2nd
f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I actually get a weekly email, that gives me links to everything from senate and congress bills up for vote the next week, all the way to local town matters. I go through all of them, and respond to any that stand out to me. Now I am taking a much needed break from politics, while I work on generating us some work through various online advertising. I used to live in NY, now I live in the maritime area of Canada, so I have to learn how things work up here now to be an educated political participant.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join