It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a wonderful life-where did we go wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just finished watching "It's a Wonderful Life"

It makes me cry every year.
I remember when I was growing up, we had people from the church in our home every Sunday.
I remember when we loved one another so much it hurt.
I remember when my mother and father meant more to me than my cellphone.

What is happening to us. This is all crazy.
Where are we going to end up?
Merry Christmas everyone.

edit on 11-12-2010 by suigeneris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It all went wrong in our wonderful lives when we switched on the box and believed the sub wonderful life to be more wonderful than our very own.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I think you are exactly right.

I love your signature. Thank you for a "from the heart" reply

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have never seen this film before. Made in 1946? What was up with the arm band?
He's got a point though, even for back then.
Where are we headed?
The money making business has no respect for the human. "Do you know how long it takes for a man to save $5,000?" Today, you'd have to replace that to like, $200,000. It's the same problem, they just change up the numbers. Sometimes I wonder if inflation is an illusion. I think members here have explained it pretty well, and that is precisely what it is. They sit at their tables, giving us something to harp about. Gas, bills, cost of living, anything to keeping us dreaming that dream, so that we never truly see.

Everything IS backwards.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

If you have never seen this movie...well...it is like a tradition in the US every Christmas.

It is a beautiful movie. You should watch it.

The armband he wore was for his father who had just passed away from a stroke. He was nominated to take over the family business even though he wanted no part of it.

You have to see it. It is one of the best movies of all time.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

Hey no probs, anytime, and always from the heart.
Great movie though and by the way

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Where did we go wrong?

This movie was made in 1946.

What else happened in 1946?

This was passed.

Administrative Procedure Act of 1946.

The country slowly turned to crap after this.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I never liked the film, but then I'm not a big fan of Christmas.

Loooooove Jimmy Stewart though, and Frank Capra, though not often together (Mr Deeds goes to Washington, filibuster and all, being the exception to that rule). Arsenic and Old Lace is much more my kind of film, Capra wise. I'll watch anything with Jimmy Stewart in though, there's something very sexy about a man with a speech impediment

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have felt like old George did many times, especially around the silly season.

To me it is a good movie and a part of American cinematic history and tradition. It reminds us all to be human each year, and it reminds us to appreciate the things we do have in life, no matter how simple or how scarce they may seem.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

And more every year, do they seem to be scarce.
I think every year, I am just more happy to have my family and friends around me.
In fact, I think Christmas is going back to the original meaning. For me, anyway.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Yes, it certainly was a New Deal. LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris

And more every year, do they seem to be scarce.
I think every year, I am just more happy to have my family and friends around me.
In fact, I think Christmas is going back to the original meaning. For me, anyway.

Merry Christmas

If you are surrounded by your family, your friends and people who genuinely care about you, then all of the fancy gifts and assorted artificial crap doesn't mean anything.

I could afford to buy myself or anyone else expensive gifts, but I would give that up in a second to have my folks here and to have the friends that I have lost over the years. Money and gifts, in the grand scale of things, don't mean very much at all.

Merry Christmas to you as well

edit on 12/23/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Cause this world is filled with a buncha rats, bozos and suckers

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm

Cause this world is filled with a buncha rats, bozos and suckers

Come on now big guy, I didnt peg you of all people as a pessemist. I read about the Kentucky Christmas you and Rod have planned, shooting guns and drinking schnaps and all. Sounds like a good time.

Tis the season ...even for us tough guys

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thanks for yer message big guy

Yeah, me and my buddy Rod have a great time at Christmas ourselves
but that doesnt' mean this old world aint' loaded with birdbrains and scrooges

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They were worried about this movie right from day one. Hoover had a very big dossier on all parties concerned.

Was 'It's a Wonderful Life'
really communist propaganda? FBI investigated classic Christmas film because it portrayed banker Mr Potter as greedy and evil
• FBI informants claimed the movie was a vessel for communist messages
• Claimed screenwriters Albert Hackett and Frances Goodrich associated with known communists
• Report was part of 2,000 page document compiled about communist 'influence' in Hollywood

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... V3NnZKp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 25-12-2013 by ExoPatriotico because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExoPatriotico

RE: ABOVE POST

It’s A Wonderful Life Report Censored

Using a bogus “abuse of copyright” claim, YouTube took down our review of It’s a Wonderful Life which exposes bankster behavior
Infowars.com
December 25, 2013
UPDATE:

Our Infowars Nightly News free-speech protected analysis of the film It’s A Wonderful Life was taken down by YouTube after only 24 hours. Infowars follows a high standard of copyright recognition developed through many consultations with various lawyers. The censorship of our review is a gross misappropriation of copyright law, which allows companies outside of court to claim copyright infringement on something that clearly isn’t a violation. Our review was clearly a political analysis showing short clips of It’s A Wonderful Life and tying them into current bankster behavior operating through the Federal Reserve, the IMF and the World Bank.
This is a great example of how CSIPA and SOPA would legalize this misappropriation of copyright enforcement that these companies are currently engaging in.
Videos on Youtube are being taken down completely because of mere accusations that they violate copyrights, regardless if the copyright claim is completely unfounded and bogus.
This was a pure political move meant to censor our powerful report exposing the truth on the fractional-reserve, fiat banking system. The full version of It’s A Wonderful Life has been available on YouTube since Feb. 2012 and has over 700,000 views, but YouTube has not taken it down. That’s because the real agenda is not copyright enforcement but rather it’s about censoring the truth and protecting the global cartels within the state-corporate nexus.

top topics

join