It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient aliens tv series - anyone watching it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm not sure that archaeologists 'debunk' the theory that there were civilizations prior to Egypt though.... there were 'civilisations' prior to the Egyptians that's not really in dispute :/ I'm not sure where you've got that idea from? Its clear that Ancient Sumer and other Neolithic cultures were 'civilised'

Ancient Sumer wasn't a neolithic society when they were civilized.

"Civilization" is a sociological classification of a culture. The definition of civilized varies quite a bit, really, but not enough to include cultures that had no written language and practiced a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, no matter how polite they were.

It's true that Sumer is considered the oldest civilization, but they only beat the Egyptians by a hundred years or so in writing. And that's as far as we know right now. The opposite was once thought to be true, and could very likely be thought to be true again in the future.

Harte

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
It's an interesting show to see it from their perspective but I don't believe a word of it. I find it offensive when these AAAT's dont give early humans enough credit for building these amazing structures around the world like the pyramids of Egypt, the pyramids in central america and Machu Pichu in south america, etc.

calculating the number of stones in the great pyramid and the number of years it was supposed to take to build it that means 9 seconds per stone to cut it and shape it and transport it and put it into place

do you think that is feasible?

maybe humans did it but there is something we are still missing about the process they used

and it is entirely possible that all these things were done with human ingenuity but the early humans have copied soemthign the aliens showed them

some of their attempts were failures and some of them wroked out

I think there were giants back then - giants are mentioned in the old testament too [giants who were twice the size of humans]

if there were giants and they were used to help construct some ofthese places then maybe there is no aliens in the construction of the pyramid - only the original ideas they copied were from the aliens

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Where is some anthropological proof for these giants existing?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Loving the fact that the theory is getting out there. The show is a little all over the place in my opinion, but overall helpful.

edit on 20-12-2010 by MikeNitro94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

"http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5260851653_6fe45e2068.jpg" width="500" height="338" alt="Ancient Alien Angel" />

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
uhm.. just looks like art to me..

got anything slightly more credible than someones random flickr album?

perhaps some photos from an archaeological dig

or perhaps anthropological forensic study

or an archaeological and geological study into where these giants have been discovered would be a bit better

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

Where is some anthropological proof for these giants existing?

isnt that the problem? the things that have been written about in ancient texts - we cannot find tactile proof fro or if we do we interpret it as somethign else?

I am sort of sitting on the fence - dont know what to believe

but I love the documentary series and I love reading about these things

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
not sure how you could sit on the fence, just the propagation of theories such as this is really an insult to the intellectual and scholarly community.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

not sure how you could sit on the fence, just the propagation of theories such as this is really an insult to the intellectual and scholarly community.

really?

so we cannot theorise about things that there is no proof fro as yet [to satisfy all the sceptics?]

we do need to think and theorise or else we wont look for the information or proof, you know

humans have always dreamt of things first and then set to it and did it - sometimes they achieved what they wanted to achieve and sometimes it was all for nothing

I say lets all think and theorise and dream because that is the only way some of us will be inspired to search and maybe find that best proof yet

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I largely agree that this is repackaged stuff from Daniken, SItchin, etc. But there is a lot of good even new information. The undersea ruins off Japan, the Bimini Road/Atlantis/Cayce.

But it is amazing it is even on the air at all. That either shows that a lot more people are interested or TPTB want to dribble out the info.

Both have merit. I'me inclined to believe both.

Have you noticed the intro:

Where did they go?
Will they return?

That certainly implies that they are not here and we are 'safe' for now.
Which of course flies in the face of all the current and modern UFO sightings.

That was probably the only way the producers were able to get the show on the air.
Sure seems to me that a deal was cut with TPTB.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I am currently enjoying educating my mind with these

You consider non fictional pseudoscientifical research to be educational?

Whatever floats your boat i guess..

I've seen episodes of it before, what I love the most is how every single person contributing in the show is a self proclaimed author.

Any time they actually find someone credible willing to devote themselves to an interview, it lasts mere minutes and usually ends in the interviewee completely discrediting the proposed theory.

Reminds me a lot of UFO Hunters.

What's going on with the History Channel and its tolerance for complete idiocy?

Actually, one of the main contributors to the show is Sara Seager, Prof of Planetary Sciences at MIT.

Irrregardless, what is the harm in watching this, even though it's strictly for entertainment value? don't get me wrong, they jump the shark (the nazi episode) sometimes, but they've also raised a few decent questions.

I find your abusive and vulgar language unacceptable as well...why do you need to engage in personal attacks in discussions like this? Do you not have respect for others?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
we have to jump to conclusions before someone is motivated to find proof

so in some measure jumping to conclusions serves mankind

the theories are interesting and I feel i want to consider that maybe it is true - pending proof one way or the other

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah, the biggest problem with the series, along with all ancient alien conjecture, is that just because something is unexplained, that doesn't mean aliens did it. "Oh, well these rocks are huge. Since I can't figure out how these local people moved them, I must assume aliens did it."

Standing stones? Aliens.
Odd artwork? Aliens.
Strange old stories and myths? Aliens.
Who took the last piece of pie? Aliens.

It would be nice if there was actually one tiny teensy little piece of positive evidence to link to these "aliens," whoever they might be. Unfortunately, there isn't. It's all conjecture. It's the default fallback position.

Oh, well. At least the photography is pretty good.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
i favour the theory that the pyramids were power stations harvesting earth's own electricity - that is why the wide base and the point at the top

Could it be that if you build them with the pointy end at the bottom they have a tendency to fall over?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've been watching in ever since season one, but now and then, I always have to skip certain parts where they interview Steven Greer and David Wilcock.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

My belief is we have had technology-advanced civilizations prior to our current one, and we have managed to wipe ourselves out at its peak, and each time, The Watchers have helped erase most signs of these civilizations, some exceptions are too big, ie the pyramids and the nazca lines, and we have rebuilt over those ashes.
the Ancients have rebuilt over ruined cities, why not rebuild over ancient civilizations?
edit on 12/22/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well about us not finding any space technology that our ancients used... I was thinking what if they USED it and took off to the universe? and now they're visiting us lol people get so defensive when it comes to the terms aliens, the second we left the earths atmosphere we were aliens as well, not to earth or our selves but to everything else out there and WE aliens landed on the moons lol.

I don't think we give our ancients enough credit, do you really want to say that we came from extremely dumb ancestry? or do you want to say we just restarted because of an unknown event?
i'll go with the 2nd one =)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Abusive and Vulgar language? What are you going on about?

All my point was about the History Channel is that they used to be known for far more factual broadcasting a few years ago and seem to have gone down hill.. I see Ancient Aliens as a show probably better suited to the Syfy channel.

No need to get weird about it

edit on 22-12-2010 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Whatever one thinks, it at least seems very clear to me the official history as it has presented to the world is wrong. The show at least conclusively proves that.

The underwater city near Cuba alone does this (that land was above water only before 10,000 BC before any 'civilization').
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, who built it and similar ancient sites?
Only two choices: Aliens or unknown Ancient Highly Advanced Human Civilizations (i.e. Atlantis).

Of course a combination is always possible (Aliens certainly could have provided advanced technology to the inhabitants of Atlantis, Egypt, Myans. ....

But the very extensive images of non-human winged deities worshiped by Ancient civilizations sure point to a SIMILAR Alien influence on all those ancient civilizations. So in my mind, the show, the various show researchers, Daniken, Sitchin and many others have it right.

Of course the work done by Hoagland pretty conclusively proves there were (are???) ancient civilizations on both Mars and the Moon. So unless you believe that ancient human civilizations were responsible for those non-earth based civilizations, again you're back to Aliens.

Throw in the Global Conspiracy researchers like Marrs, Icke, Bramley and you have a lot of evidence for such an alien race - the Annunaki of Niburu - as shown on the show.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by zcflint05

Abusive and Vulgar language? What are you going on about?

All my point was about the History Channel is that they used to be known for far more factual broadcasting a few years ago and seem to have gone down hill.. I see Ancient Aliens as a show probably better suited to the Syfy channel.

No need to get weird about it

edit on 22-12-2010 by plexus because: additional information added

im not saying you/me are wrong or right
im simply stating my opinions and why i think im right, im not trying to offend i apologize if thats what i did

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join