It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the universe be created from sound?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is my first thread and not sure where to put this but I just had a thought while watching a video on YouTube of course. It was on sonoluminescence which is the emission of short bursts of light from imploding bubbles in a liquid when excited by sound.

Here's a link that talks about sonoluminescence
www.techmind.org...

Here's the vid that got me thinking

I started talking to my friend about how maybe the big bang was created from sonoluminescence because of how the planets are shaped like bubbles and the ocean reminds me of space (planets and stars remind me of bubbles in a ocean). Then I found some videos on sound frequencies that planets make but I'm not sure if the vid is true or not.
Here's a vid on it

This is another vid that made space look like an ocean to me, I bet many people have seen it.

Then my friend said to me that in the Bible it says when God spoke the world was made.

Then I looked it up because I'm not a big religious person. I went on google and found this: On the fourth day, God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years." (Gen. 1:14) God simply gave the order, and the sun, the moon and the stars came into existence in the sky. God spoke another word, and the earth began to orbit the sun. He spoke again and the moon began to orbit the earth.

I found that quote from this site but it's obviously in the bible of course. www.injil.org...

So could everything be created from sound? I bet there are more people who have way better knowledge than me on this kind of stuff. I just think it could be an underrated piece of the puzzle that is over looked. What do others think?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sound / Light - it's all the same energy just perceived differently. Tell me this. What is the difference between sound and light? Answer - Nothing

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OF COURSE!

Sound is vibration - vibration is a function of energy - the Universe is entirely made up of energy and "in the beginning" was only pure potential energy and after that big bang, it was transformed into kinetic energy...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
in JRR Tolkien's creation myth, found in the Silmarillian, he describes the universe as being created through the music of the Valar (angls, gods, etc.). it is only after the song is completed that a world of vision and being is fully realized.

in lakota (sioux) tradition, the first 2 forces of creation (after the great spirit) that come into being are light and motion (which is to say... sound).

poetic stuff.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And God SAID:

"Let there be Light!"

(Insert Maxwell's Equations Here)

lol

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

It is a possibility that matter and all things composed of energy/matter are structured by cymatic type resonances.

And as you have shown, the visible evidence matches the theory.

Yet these things are still effects, they do not mean that the initial resonances were acoustic, although in time some of those resonances became acoustic.

The actual causal energy that set-up the resonances in the Vacuum Domain which eventually manifested as physical energy/matter remains unknown.

I think the part of the Old Testament that you quoted is allegorical, it describes the physical appearance of the universe and the physics of its creation in a nice way.

Cosmic...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
this is an interesting topic
and i love that you have made the connection
there is a science experiment to create a mini sun on earth to exploit for power
seams you have the same ideas as some very talented scientists

how energy is being focused to make a sun on earth

it also seams that theretical physacists are developing the energy from empty space theory

university of michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich.—Under just the right conditions—which involve an ultra-high-intensity laser beam and a two-mile-long particle accelerator—it could be possible to create something out of nothing, according to University of Michigan researchers.

The scientists and engineers have developed new equations that show how a high-energy electron beam combined with an intense laser pulse could rip apart a vacuum into its fundamental matter and antimatter components, and set off a cascade of events that generates additional pairs of particles and antiparticles.

The neutron yield record was set on Sunday, Oct. 31, when the NIF team fired 121 kilojoules of ultraviolet laser light into a glass target filled with deuterium and tritium (DT) gas. The shot produced approximately 3 x 1014 (300 trillion) neutrons, the highest neutron yield to date by an inertial confinement fusion facility. Neutrons are produced when the nuclei of deuterium and tritium (isotopes of hydrogen) fuse, creating a helium nucleus and releasing a high-energy neutron.

what you are proposing is at the cutting edge of science
s+f for an exellent post

xploder

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You need air to have sound, thats why there is no sound in space.
Hello?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Sound / Light - it's all the same energy just perceived differently. Tell me this. What is the difference between sound and light? Answer - Nothing

Apples / Oranges - It's all the same fruit just perceived differently. Tell me this. What is the difference between apples and oranges? Answer - Nothing.

Comon guy, there is obvious differences. Vibration frequency speed
They are two different things.
Apples
And
Oranges

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks alot!

That link on the NIF is really cool stuff I never seen it before.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry to throw a grenade into your theory but... sonoluminescence is nothing more than triboluminescence between water molecules as their molecular bonds are broken. This is now proven & documented.

Wiki - Triboluminescence

If you hit anything with a violent enough shockwave, the molecular bonds will break & light/heat/sound is emitted.

This could however possibly explain the mechanism of stellar ignition as supernova shock fronts hit star forming gas clouds.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've often wondered if the singularity event had a gravitational mass so intense that it ripped a hole into another universe (which became a black hole there) and sucked matter in, expelling it in ours.

I'm no scientist, nor do I pretend to know anything about this - especially if it would even be probable or not. I do know that our universe is a strange and wonderful place full of mysteries that we've yet to uncover, and most likely contains many that we in our short lifetimes never will even begin to fathom. We've done quite well in the past hundred years in accumulating knowledge and applying it to better our lives, yet we've also used it in some of the most destructive and inhumane applications imaginable.
The universe in it's "pre-big-bang" state may be one of the mysteries that we are never able to fully unlock, and quite humorously (as nearly any primate does when faced with a challenge) it is almost driving us MAD to find out.

Hope this makes sense, i'm somewhat medicated.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

I have never considered the implications of the wording: "Big Bang"
Sure does sound like something noisy, eh?

After all, they didn't name it "Big Bright Flash-o-Light" or even "Big Cosmic Fart"

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some also think that the vibration from some sounds can open up portals to different dimensions.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some also think that the vibration from some sounds can open up portals to different dimensions.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence

Which kind of brings new meaning to the quote "Music is the universal language" doesn't it?
They could have said 'global' if they were talking about Earthly things. But nah. They said 'universal'

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

i dont doubt the info you have supplyed
but i do doubt the Significance of the term shockwave and the implication of the term in this instence
a shockwave by definition is

A shock wave (also called shock front or simply "shock") is a type of propagating disturbance. Like an ordinary wave, it carries energy and can propagate through a medium (solid, liquid, gas or plasma) or in some cases in the absence of a material medium, through a field such as the electromagnetic field. Shock waves are characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous change in the characteristics of the medium.[1] Across a shock there is always an extremely rapid rise in pressure, temperature and density of the flow. In supersonic flows, expansion is achieved through an expansion fan. A shock wave travels through most media at a higher speed than an ordinary wave.

Unlike solitons (another kind of nonlinear wave), the energy of a shock wave dissipates relatively quickly with distance. Also, the accompanying expansion wave approaches and eventually merges with the shock wave, partially cancelling it out. Thus the sonic boom associated with the passage of a supersonic aircraft is the sound wave resulting from the degradation and merging of the shock wave and the expansion wave produced by the aircraft.

When a shock wave passes through matter, the total energy is preserved but the energy which can be extracted as work decreases and entropy increases. This, for example, creates additional drag force on aircraft with shocks.

en.wikipedia.org...
what i would like to show is that a passive non changing wave front like a static imput is not a shock wave
so the definition does not fit the observable outcome
if the sound waves were a shockwave effect sonoluminesence would only occour once
not repeat the cycle of compresion/expansion in the medium
im sorry but the language is incorrect to explain the effect as disacotiation of molecular bonds is incorrect
and i doubt the phenomonon is explained as just a shock wave interaction of force against bonds

i mean no disrespect as wiki is as you have pointed out is the souce

remember that a shock wave has a crest and trough
and sonoluminesence is an ongoing cycle

xploder

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

"No wonder that the Northern seer, Swedenborg, advises people to search for the LOST WORD (Secret Mantra) among the hierophants of Tartary."

"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light." - Genesis / Bere# 1:3

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - John (Christian)

"I (Osiris) brought my own name into my mouth as a Word of Power, and I forthwith came into being under the form of things which are and under the form of Khepera (Creator)." - The Book of Knowing the Evolutions of Ra, and of Overthrowing Apep (Egyptian)

"In a year he (Prajapati) desired to speak. He uttered ‘bhurbhuva svar’. ‘Bhur’ which means earth; ‘bhuva’ which became figment and ‘svar’ which became the sky… with his mouth he created the gods." - The Satapatha Brahmana (Hindu)

"This is the beginning of the ancient Word… the potential and source for everything done." - The Popol Vuh (Mayan)

edit on 12-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

omg if they do that. summer on earth will be like 300 degrees. so much for global warming.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

That's what I was thinking, roughly.
What is the medium through which the shock wave travels?
Or is it not a medium, and it's the actual material moving through space.
Much like a CME is a chunk of the Sun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join