It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards funeral to be picketed by controversial church (westboro baptist)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Edwards funeral to be picketed by controversial church (westboro baptist)

www.msnbc.msn.com

A church that pickets funerals to protest what it calls American immorality says its members will be picketing the service this Saturday for Elizabeth Edwards, who died of breast cancer on Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
More info at the link. The TV talking heads said that the reason the whacks at Westboro Baptist were going to picket was because Elizabeth Edwards didn't pray to God for healing and didn't believe she could be.

Fox News

“She INSISTED upon her son’s death, an unremitting disease raging in her body, a whorish husband bringing their family to open shame, & now her death & final judgment,” a press release from the group reads, referencing the 1996 death of Edwards' son in a car accident and John Edwards’ affair with videographer Rielle Hunter.

“When they were visited from the Most High God with the death of their 16-year-old son, they did not humble themselves before His mighty Hand,” the statement said.

Huffington Post

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Doesn't matter if you are left or right or inbetween ... picketing like this is pure evil.

edit on 12/10/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
These people scare me. I don't know how someone could come so far out of touch with reality. I wonder if these people are just sadly misguided and brainwashed...or if they are just evil. Who are these people to claim to know so personally and specifically why God would "hate" someone. Where's the kool aid?!

And WTF does her husband cheating have to do with her sickness and death...how is that her fault, and why do they think (in their logic, crazy logic...) that their son dying meant god didn't want them to have any more children?

How could they think it's right to assume so much authority on such things? Anyone with a drop of respect wouldn't picket outside of a funeral, for any reason. There's a time and a place...

edit on 12/10/2010 by SpaceJ because: more ranting

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Agreed! So much for laying a loved one to rest in peace when the Westboro Klan comes around.

We all know what will become of the funeral protesters in the end!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Someone's comment posted on the MNBC story. Worth repeating.

A single vehicle bus accident would be a good thing. There, I said it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say about this group..

No wait, I take that back. To be a fly on the wall when these boneheads meet their maker. I think they will be in for one hell of a shock.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that the riot police are called out to beat the ever loving jesus out of these bastards.

These jerks don't deserve to breathe the same air that we do.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I dont wish anything to happen to these members or their families, but I have got to wonder if any of these people have had a loved one die and kept the funeral details a secret so they wont get their own friends protesting at the funeral?

So many thoughts on this and frustrated because cant seem to get it to writing, but these people make me
and if these are the type of people I would have to share supposedly "eternity" with??? no thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was listening to talk radio yesterday. They played a clip of one of these wackos. They were comparing Elizabeth Edwards to "the whore of Babaloyn." The things they were saying made me

What ever happen to "don't judge lest though be judged by the same standard?" How about "He who is without sin in his heart cast the first stone."

I wil not denigrate a person for being a christian. However, these people are not "christ like" in any way shape or form.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm against picketing any funerals. Whether it's a soldier, politician, famous figure, etc. Make your point known in a civilized classy way.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If I were preparing a funeral for a family member and these Westboro Baptist jackholes said they were going to protest the funeral, then I would publicly spread disinformation about where the funeral was to be held. That way, the protesters show up at the wrong location, thus waste their time.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ah... Fred.
I wondered when he would slither out of his cave again.
It's been about a month since they were in the news...

The way he piggybacks his "church" onto anything that
can give him free press is sickening.

I wish that people would picket outside his "church" every single
Sunday.
Loudly.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There should be a law about the right to privacy at a funeral. People shouldn't be allowed to picket a death service. It's just wrong. If they feel like complaining and protesting elsewhere, then fine. But around grieving family? You have to be a heartless maggot...

Seriously, if God wants to give these "Christians" an accident and send them all to Hell, I would not be sad.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

A church that pickets funerals to protest what it calls American immorality says its members will be picketing the service this Saturday for Elizabeth Edwards, who died of breast cancer on Tuesday.

These kinds of people are why I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
People like these make Al Qaeda fundies look like a reasonable and almost likable bunch. What heartless POS these Westbro baptists are...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I wish that people would picket outside his "church" every single
Sunday.
Loudly.

Good luck. They are too busy picketing at funerals to actually go to Church and worship God.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
These protesters or whatever they call themselves really make me sick. Do they not have any compassion? They disgust me. What a waste of life.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have said it before - How this is not labeled a cult and subject to inquiry by DFACS? How is this classified as a "Church"? Does it have tax exempt status?

Not that I think the state should exercise undo authority and interfere with families on a regular basis - by no means to I think that - but it just strikes me as child abuse when I see their poor kids being schlepped all over the country to hold up outrageously hateful signs and their choice of locations to protest strikes me as highly political.

A sample:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Now that they are going after a higher profile person lets see what becomes of it. Lets see if anything changes and if there is any preferential treatment.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Westboro group - totally insane!!!!! How could anyone in good conscious picket a funeral? I hope they arrest the whole lot of them. Ever notice how they only going after those that are known and in the media - they just want to be noticed. If there is a God (I am agnotstic) they will be in for a surprise when they meet their maker.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join