It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton may pay $500 million to keep Cheney out of prison: report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Halliburton may pay $500 million to keep Cheney out of prison: report

www.rawstory.com

Oilfield services company Halliburton is in negotiations with the Nigerian government to keep its former CEO, Dick Cheney, out of prison, according to a news report.

Sources inside Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission told GlobalPost this week that a settlement keeping the charges against Cheney out of court could cost as much as $500 million.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
LOL

Seems Darth must be worth an AWEFULL lot to the ever-criminalistic Haliburton enterprise if they are willing to spend a HALF BILLION dollars to keep him out of prison.

But what it ALSO suggests is that perhaps members of the Bush cabal are not as 'untouchable' as we have all been led to believe, at least not as much as when they were in office...

Is this an omen of things to come for these pathologically lieing mass murderers?

One can only hope some foreign country will do the job that our own has lost the ability to do---Bring these despicable criminals to justice FINALLY.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

No one is untouchable, until you put half a billion dollars on the table, that will get you out of most pickles. Makes you think about how essential he is to them though.

Half a billion dollars = untouchable

Good to see people are going after them though, and not just whack jobs setting up their own private criminal courts as has happened before.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yup, corrupt government officials will definitely have to pay for their crimes... If corporations stop paying justice off.

It's hard to nail powerful people - just look at Henry Kissinger, he's been wanted by several countries for war crimes, and no one is willing to grab him. Just this year he was in Spain for the Bilderberg conference, plotting with other powerful people, while the police protecting him openly said that they would do anything to arrest the man.

Sadly, power and money seems to always trump justice.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'd laugh if they reneged after pocketing the cash and prosecuted him anyway. nothing like a good ole Nigerian quatloos

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It would be a much better investment to put him in jail. Would Haliburton continue to screw with Nigeria if they paid Nigeria off or if Nigeria actually put their CEOs in jail? Hmm

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
LMAO

If the we the people collectively raise 1 billion dollars, can we bury Darth Cheney under the prison??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Average wage in Nigeria is 1 USD per week. 500 million goes a ridiculously long way there. Better if they locked people up for their crimes, but it won't happen in this instance

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What a joke. So they convict him. Then what? They will send out a kidnapping hit squad to capture him? 500 million buys an awful lot of Nigerians TVs, Blue-ray players and booze

edit on 10-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is what will continue to happen, the crooks will keep lieing and buying their way out of what ever it is they get caught doing.
Even if they have to murder a few thousand people in the proccess, oh wasn't it just too bad all the records for the Enron scam, were in BUilding 7.
To top things off most people don't even know there was a BUILDING 7 much less that it contained most of the information in the criminal investagation of the Enron Crooks. Oh dang.

It's always going to be the same, I see it all the time, even on low end, small town, small time ticket fixing, know the Judge gets a friend off,. The ole double standard money talks bull crap walks, who ya know, or who ya ing.

The ( snip ) with all them, the crooked Judges and all, especially crooked x vice-presidents
edit on 10-12-2010 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I read in another post that someone was calling for Julian Assange to be assasinated,
why aren't they saying that about the real scum of the earth bastards like Cheney and Bush.

This is just SICK.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

What a joke. So they convict him. Then what? They will send out a kidnapping hit squad to capture him? 500 million buys an awful lot of Nigerians TVs, Blue-ray players and booze

Am I suggesting a hint of defending Cheney here? If they are planning on prosecuting him as a war criminal, and they are going to pay 500 million to keep him out of jail, doesnt that sort of make it seem like the charges could be true?

Does it ever cross your mind, just once, that maybe WE are the bad guys?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Did you even bother reading the article.

It's about natural gas deals. Not war crimes.

The charges allege that engineering contractor KBR, until 2007 a subsidiary of Halliburton, was among companies that paid bribes to secure a $6 billion contract for a natural gas plant. KBR pleaded guilty to the same bribes in a US court in 2009, and agreed to pay a $382 million fine. The Nigerian charges appear to stem from the US case -- though, in that trial, Cheney was never directly charged.

But the willingness of Nigerian officials to quote a dollar figure in the midst of negotiations could also fuel speculation that the Nigerian charges are an attempt to shake down the companies for cash.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
500 mil?

For christ sake. Would it not be a LOT cheaper to get rid of him.

If they can get rid of the idiot JFK, then Cheney should not be to hard.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I don't think you can say that, with out going to jail.

I think I think you have say the crooked no good fill-the blank _______ da da da that broke the law da da da and shoul be shot for treason, against America and the people for which it stands. You need to prove it first.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Not sure what you are really trying to say. sorry for the confusion

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Justice is not only blind, but she is greedy as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Don't civilised countries consider that a bribe and illegal??

I also wonder who pays the $500m, Cheney or the poor smuck shareholders of Halliburton?
I assume it's a listed company so how does that work as an expense on their tax filings?
Deduction= Bribe paid to keep a crim outta jail,$500m....Check IRS....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

It is illeagal to threaten President or to say you are going to rob a bank, I think x Presidents are included in this also.
Frist you would have to prove they were guilty of treason , then you could ask for death sentence.

Maybe crimes against humanity, then could go for like Nuremberg Trails, ask for death.

edit on 10-12-2010 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

An Unusual or Extraordinary Event. I'mma have to go with Unusual (above the line, taxes) since Extraordinary implies a one-time thing...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join