It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Give The Nobel Peace Prize To Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Russia: Give The Nobel Peace Prize To Julian Assange

news.oneindia.in

Moscow, Dec 10: Expressing a surprise support to the jailed WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, Russia has suggested that he should be awarded the Nobel peace prize.

Russia urged non-governmental organisations to nominate Julian Assange as a Nobel Prize laureate for the release of United States diplomatic cables.

"Public and non-governmental organisations should think of how to help him. Maybe, nominate him as a Nobel Prize laureate," the source from inside president Dmitry Medvedev's office told Russian media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First Russia says WL~ "not worthy of comment"

Now, they want Julian to get the peace prize. lol

People have received a nobel peace prize for far less.
I know many here will have a stroke over this... lol

But I would be with Russia~
if the nobel peace prize actually meant anything.

Havent seen it posted,
so my apologies if it has been.

How about,
We just give him Freedom?

Much more meaningful than some bs "prize" that is often given to crooks.

Thoughts?

news.oneindia.in

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The world is far stranger since wikileak

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's hard to know their true intent. Maybe there just sitting back eating popcorn, watching the leaks come out, and laughing at all of the other countries getting upset at eachother.

By the way, epic avatar.

Originally posted by Ahmose

news.oneindia.in

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
how can you get a "Peace Prize" by creating hyperbole that stirs anti-peace sentiments and actions?

Assange either needs to tell the world what he claims to know, or he needs to go away. He's starting to look like a 16 year old high school girl standing around going "I know something you don't know!"

It's really quite pathetic.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I agree, and all in all he is the "founder" of wikileaks but he is in fact not the site itself that makes these leaks possible. So the site should get the Nobel prize lol. Also not to mention the Rape charges he's currently in jail for.

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
how can you get a "Peace Prize" by creating hyperbole that stirs anti-peace sentiments and actions?

Assange either needs to tell the world what he claims to know, or he needs to go away. He's starting to look like a 16 year old high school girl standing around going "I know something you don't know!"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but he's probably being tortured right now and is telling agents everything he knows...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's hard to know their true intent. Maybe there just sitting back eating popcorn, watching the leaks come out, and laughing at all of the other countries getting upset at eachother.

By the way, epic avatar.

news.oneindia.in

hey ,

Yeah, They may be doing just that.
It wouldnt surprise me in the least..

I can even envision it.
In fact..
I'd go as far as to say it is probably, a probability.

Do you think they are worried about leaks concerning themselves?

Glad you like the avatar.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

anti peace sentiments and actions?

How is revealing information,
anti-peace?

Sure, it may cause some "chaos"..
but the goal is for a peaceful, transparent world where people cannot be treated as animals by other people.

You, (and everyone else), who keep saying things like..
"Just come out and tell the world everything you know"
"stop being a bitch, just release the files!"
etc
etc
etc

Really do seem clueless.

Do you people really think that is the 'responsible' (or intelligent) way to go about such thing?

That would be very half-assed, and child like.
Since you want to talk about "16 year olds kids"

That is exactly how a child (or ignorant adult) would handle this,
not people who actually give a $%#^ about other peoples lives.

To say, " Here you go, Here is all of it, Dig in!"
Would be the absolute stupidest thing you could do with this kind of information.

"I know something you don't know"

J.Assange does not "act" like that at all,
and he doesnt portray himself that way...

That is just your own child-like mind being projected outwards.

Anyone who thinks, and truly believes that "releasing all the info at once, and just tell us everything you know"
is the right way to go about something like this...
Really is either clueless, ignorant, unaware , un-educated, or all of the above.

Seriously,
that suggestion is just plain idiotic.
But Im sure some of you will continue to throw it out there.

I to, would like more info, more secrets, more, more, more!...
But Im not going to ask people to be plain stupid so that I can have it.

That, is just pathetic.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

While there has been some interesting debate over wikileaks and Assange - commentary like this is completely worthless.

For myself, I think there is a reasonable chance he is personally compromised by some bankster intel group (CIA, Mossad, MI6 - take your pick) - or some of his data and/or sources are compromised.

If he uses an encrypted file for 'insurance', and if it is a bluff or not, it is up to him - it is his safety and freedom that is on the line.

What is your stake - curiosity?

The possible contents of his insurance file is none of your business - all I can see is you acting far more a child with your selfish petulance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I hate to say it, but he's probably being tortured right now and is telling agents everything he knows...

Really?
You think so?

Have you ever dug into,and read, actual writings/conversations from Julian Assange?

I honestly think I have read just about everything available online by him,
Much of it written years and years and years ago...

and he does not seem, nor feel like the kind of man/soul that would give into torture. lol

His words, feelings, thoughts, sentiments, ideologies,
Seem/Feel like that of a man who would say 'go ahead and torture, you aren't getting $%*^" lol

He has the mentality and soul of a true soldier/warrior.
If you read enough of his words..
it comes through clearly.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

The possible contents of his insurance file is none of your business - all I can see is you acting far more a child with your selfish petulance

Absolutely.
Well said.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As for the OP - I am sure whoever it is in the office of their president who suggested this, is trying to highlight the irony and political nature of the prize awarded to the jailed Chinese dissident.

The award is meant to embarrass China, and was clearly influenced by the western powers - so Russia sides with China in suggesting an equal and opposite candidate for the award - someone who is a freedom activist incarcerated by them (the western powers).

Makes perfect sense - and would highlight their hypocrisy nicely.

It would have been interesting what media may have said if the allegations, arrest and extradition requests had been made by China or Russia in response to leaks of their diplomatic materials. Also - I wonder if the talking heads in the US would be calling for his assassination or not.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

and he does not seem, nor feel like the kind of man/soul that would give into torture. lol

Everyone will give in to torture - some quickly, others slowly - but torture can make people do or say anything - that is why it is not reliable information.

Don't believe the bs from the movies - the only people who resist torture are those who can manage to kill themselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Amen! He should get one. It may give the Nobel Prize some much needed credibility back!

The truth of the matter is he should get one! And it doesn't really matter if he is as well intentioned in his actions as some believe or if he's not. He should get one for what he represents to the population of the world at large!

He represents a change in policy. He represents an end to the scum elitists of the world hiding behind their "secrets" and being shown for what they truly are out in the light for all to see!

These people have earned no right to secrecy nor do they deserve it. They are criminals. They are murderers, rapists, thieves,and more.

Assange and Wikileaks is a reminder to us all that these people have no interest in goodness or ethics. And it is also a chance for people to be reminded that in theory these people are supposed to work for us.

He is not a traitor. His arrest and current imprisonment is a joke and should appall all people of the world who care about justice, truth, and freedom.

So he does deserve a Nobel Prize, if not for the man he is but for what he represents.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Hey, if Yasser Arafat can win it anyone can these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Ahmose

Hey, if Yasser Arafat can win it anyone can these days.

Funny.

I guess that means that Obama is a terrorist, because you think Arafat is (from other posts of your's that I've responded to long ago) and Obama was given the Peace Prize for doing nothing except becoming the US president.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ampelios

I agree, and all in all he is the "founder" of wikileaks but he is in fact not the site itself that makes these leaks possible. So the site should get the Nobel prize lol. Also not to mention the Rape charges he's currently in jail for.

RAPE ? Just to clarify, the actual charge is " CONSENSUAL sex where a condom broke "

www.youtube.com...

0:43 > 0:50

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That's absurd.

I was pointing out that after the prize was awarded to Arafat it lost most if not all of it's credibility.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That's absurd.

I was pointing out that after the prize was awarded to Arafat it lost most if not all of it's credibility.

And why is that?

Arafat certainly fought and advocated for people to care about the Palestinians. If it wasn't for him, Gaza would be nothing but a giant mass grave and Israeli settlements by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join