It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Paul, Fed, Redefining words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The title of the video is misleading, I think, as I don't think he's actually gotten the position yet. However, as much as I want him to get it, this is not why I'm posting this video.

The reason I'm posting the video begins at 4:57:

Your colleagues on the other side are proposing legislation to redefine the words "journalist" and "publisher," so as to allow them to prosecute people who are journalists or publishers but reveal information that they don't like. Would you oppose such legislation?

Dr. Paul responds with a laugh, "Oh absolutely; doesn't it remind you of 1984 where language becomes vital...."

I tried looking up "John Ensign proposed legislation to redefine words," and could only come up with one link.
edit on 8-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think double posting is silly but every one seems to do it this way

This is morally reprehensible as are so many things the U.S. government does. If a whole load of people were to decide that say..."stealing" now means "borrowing for an indeterminate amount of time," would that fly? I seriously doubt it.

Definition of Journalism:
(jûr'nə-lĭz'əm) n. The collecting, writing, editing, and presenting of news or news articles in newspapers and magazines and in radio and television broadcasts. Material written for publication in a newspaper or magazine or for broadcast. The style of writing characteristic of material in newspapers and magazines, consisting of direct presentation of facts or occurrences with little attempt at analysis or interpretation. Newspapers and magazines. An academic course training students in journalism. Written material of current interest or wide popular appeal.

jour·nal·ist   
[jur-nl-ist]- noun
1.a person who practices the occupation or profession of journalism.
2.a person who keeps a journal, diary, or other record of daily events.

Definition of publish:
transitive verb
a : to make generally known
b : to make public announcement of
a : to disseminate to the public
b : to produce or release for distribution; specifically : print 2c
c : to issue the work of (an author)
intransitive verb
: to put out an edition
: to have one's work accepted for publication

edit on 8-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

The title of the video is misleading, I think as, I don't think he's actually gotten the position yet. However, as much as I want him to get it, this is not why I'm posting this video.

The reason I'm posting the video begins at 4:57:

Your colleagues on the other side are proposing legislation to redefine the words "journalist" and "publisher," so as to allow them to prosecute people who are journalists or publishers but reveal information that they don't like. Would you oppose such legislation?

Dr. Paul responds with a laugh, "Oh absolutely; doesn't it remind you of 1984 where language becomes vital...."

I tried looking up "John Ensign proposed legislation to redefine words," and could only come up with one link.
unbelievable......these conmen need to be stopped NOW! s&f

join