It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect little child

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
Scientists create mice from two fathers
Posted 1 hour 1 minute ago

US scientists have used stem cell technology to create mice from two fathers, an advance that they say could help preserve endangered species and even help same-sex couples have their own genetic children one day.

Is this where humans are headed,children born and bred in a lab so those with money can buy a nice little child to play with perhaps even love or take it back for a refund when it sh##s on the carpet .Are we becoming/evolving into a species that will no longer need reproductive organs .Something is very very wrong with our future.
Yes i have a problem with SS couples making kids with a science kit.

edit on 8-12-2010 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It would come in handy if humanity somehow wiped out all the chics on the planet.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Heres an idea ,instead of preserving species in the future ,stop killing them now.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As far as I know nature does this by itself. Its called natural selection.
In 1000's of years nature would have created a perfect person resistant to virus's, strong as an ox and intelligent, Instead we are becoming stupid and unhealthy, dependent on drugs for the mind and body.

I truly believe that in the future we will become two distinct species, the workers , and the elite.
We should be one amazing species... but some people think they are smarter then nature.

edit on 9-12-2010 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Nature does what? create clones in a lab for the purpose of giving a child to a couple of men /women who cant reproduce,As far as i remember animals and humans have been reproducing by getting it on in the bedroom/forest since the dawn of time

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

i knew something like this was going to happen, just didn't expect it in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
(added from another thread on this topic)

-ponders-

So...we could then theoretically create what we have always pondered.

what do you get when you cross j-lo with pamela anderson...
-mind splodes-

I think its great...of course, there is no human reproductive cloning. I think this also is banned, however I may have to check up on that...if not yet, it most definately will be (cant have gay people breeding..I think the collective right would melt).

still...somewhere in the world it will happen, Also yes, its good to create genetic diversity in nearly extinct animals.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
As far as I know nature does this by itself. Its called natural selection.
In 1000's of years nature would have created a perfect person resistant to virus's, strong as an ox and intelligent, Instead we are becoming stupid and unhealthy, dependent on drugs for the mind and body.

In that same 1000 year nature would also have created a virus that could overcome the "perfect persons" immune system

The intelligence thing would only be true if being intelligent increased your chance of successfully breading which it doesn't, try going to a party with stephen hawkins and see how many chicks he picks up

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Here is the horrible reality.

Scientists do not want to clone humans to live on an over-populated planet.

They want to clone humans so they can harvest everything from them in order to help other humans.

This is wrong on so many levels.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This goes against the laws of Nature and is not a good route for Humanity to take.

Does more need to be said?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
This goes against the laws of Nature and is not a good route for Humanity to take.

Does more need to be said?

Yes.

The law of nature would have you die from a minor infection...simple medicines go against the law.

Some laws...just aren't worth following.

Humanitys significance is in how we have overcome the primitive "laws" of nature...come to find out, they aren't laws, just really dumb suggestions.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Animals can asexually reproduce there are slugs or worms that have BOTH organs and reproduce.

So it does happen in nature. This also begs the question what IS human nature. One could say we are an evolving race, and it is IN OUR NATURE to evolve.

Furthermore, because two males are gay does not mean that their offspring HAS to be gay, will it have an effect in that child's understanding of life, yes. But that child WILL have the right to choose to be gay or straight.

In conclusion, there will be overpopulation whether gays can reproduce or not. There have always been homosexuals in the past, probably more than we think we know, and there will always be gays. SO... good for the scientists, I hope this knowledge can be used to make some gay happy, because that's all that really matters in a world that's turning to crap. Equality and happiness for all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I believe its just a matter of time before genetically engineered children are common, and a standard way of human procreation. It is easy to bash the idea on an internet forum, but when there will be a way to give your children genetically perfect genome, greatly boosting their health, lenght of life and quality of life, how many of you are going to refuse?

Nature gave us our brains to use them, so when we come up with technology like this, is it unnatural, or natural?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

How many people would like a human child to be born and taken to the laboratory and murdered?

This is what this technology means.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Its not natural ,just because we figured out how to do it,Is a nuclear explosion natural,what about a massive oilspill ,is that natural.All the animals on this planet have different ways to survive and breed ,but None of them have the means to destroy the place.Humans are not natural on this planet and this article makes me believe we are alien to it .Ever seen a picture of a gray with his tackle out?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by SaturnFX

How many people would like a human child to be born and taken to the laboratory and murdered?

This is what this technology means.

Ehm.. what??
Explain your logic pls..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Because that is why scientists are trying to clone humans.

They will take a newborn baby and cut it up.

Do we want that - NO WE DO NOT!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I still dont understand how you jump from therapeutic cloning or stem-cell technology to cutting up newborn babies. Stem cells are harvested from few days old embryos in vitro, not newborns or even fetuses.
Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
Furthermore, because two males are gay does not mean that their offspring HAS to be gay, will it have an effect in that child's understanding of life, yes. But that child WILL have the right to choose to be gay or straight.

Off topic, but.. really? I thought the popular argument was that being gay wasn't a choice? I guess I can't keep up with gay logic.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I dont think its a good idea to allow same sex couples to reproduce by cloning, certainly not in current society - think of the child, it could do great harm if to him for example if the schoolmates learned of it. Thats why I am not in favor of homosexual couples adopting babies too. The wellbeing of the child should be our top priority.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join