It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! WIKILEAKS Struck a Deal with Israel over Cable Leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

WikiLeaks ‘struck a deal with Israel’ over diplomatic cables leaks
“Assange met with Israeli officials in Geneva earlier this year and struck the secret deal. The Israel government, it seems, had somehow found out or expected that the documents to be leaked contained a large number of documents about the Israeli attacks on Lebanon and Gaza in 2006 and 2008-9 respectively. These documents, which are said to have originated mainly from the Israeli embassies in Tel Aviv and Beirut, where removed and possibly destroyed by Assange, who is the only person who knows the password that can open these documents, the sources added.”

We should obviously all support WikiLeaks and its founder and spokesperson, Julian Assange, who has just been arrested in Britain, in this dirty war by states around the globe against transparency and openness. But in the world of politics, sadly, things are never as innocent as they appear. According to new revelations, Assange had allegedly struck a deal with Israel before the recent ‘cable gate’, which may explain why the leaks “were good for Israel,” as the Israeli prime minister put it.

A number of commentators, particularly in Turkey and Russia, have been wondering why the hundreds of thousands of American classified documents leaked by the website last month did not contain anything that may embarrass the Israeli government, like just about every other state referred to in the documents. The answer appears to be a secret deal struck between the WikiLeaks “heart and soul”, as Assange humbly described himself once [1], with Israeli officials, which ensured that all such documents were ‘removed’ before the rest were made public.www.veteranstoday.com...

edit on 9/12/10 by masqua because: All Caps in title

edit on 9/12/10 by masqua because: Trimmed c/p and added ex tags for external content

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

[cables] Currently released so far... 1193 out of 251,287.

Seems a lot of folks are jumping the gun, drawing conclusions based on what they wish to see to legitimize their world view ... but I tell you what, if when all the cables are released and none paint Israel in bad light we shall revisit this conversation and I will concede that something's not kosher.

Now, about your title ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7de7457b4584.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lets have a comparison between the reddit community with the one here:

www.reddit.com...

1. Let the thread progress over here a few pages.
2. Compare with reddit
3. ?????
4. Intellectual profit!

Hint: reddit will win

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I do not know whether or not this is true or false. Sorry about the cap locks, I copied it straight from the article.
It would not surprise me Israel have spoken to him though.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
These documents, which are said to have originated mainly from the Israeli embassies in Tel Aviv and Beirut,

There are no Israeli embassies in Tel Aviv and Beirut..

Embassies
edit on 9-12-2010 by Majestic RNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cd15265357d.jpg[/atsimg]

next please

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Daniel Domscheit-Berg Denies Rumor of Assange-Israeli Deals Daniel Domscheit-Berg writes [with permission to publish]: 21 December 2010 I have been notified about the general rumour a few weeks ago, and shortly after about the appearance of me as involved in those allegations. I have never spoken to anyone at syriatruth or that reporter that is making these claims, nor do I know anything about any deals JA has allegedly made with Israelis. Given what is appearing in the Scandinavian area with the involvement of Shamir and Wahlstrom I wouldn't actually expect that to happen either. In any case, this latter statement is just my personal judgement. I once received a test mail from a [email protected], and then a followup regarding OpenLeaks questions. A contact request to him after hearing of the allegations was not replied to. In the last week or so I have been contacted by Israeli TV about this, as well as French Le Point today. Those are the only media outfits so far that seem to have taken interest. Other than that it seems to be mainly spreading via weird Russian and religious forums, at least from as much as I am aware of. As I read somewhere that this alleged reporter I allegedly talked to works for Hareetz, I have asked the folks from Israeli TV if they could help find out who that is, and how to contact her. They replied that there doesn't seem to be anyone by that name. So obviously, which was my gut feeling also, that person does not exist. Why that rumour is circulated, I dont know. I have my feelings about that and think we should give it some more time to uncover itself.

Cryptome

new topics

top topics

join