It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could wikileaks be used to track down the "terrorists"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey guys.
Sorry for making another thread on wikileaks. I know there's plenty of others out there already, but i was reading a thread, and it got me thinking.
Couldn't the government be using wikileaks against us? I'm sure they can trace anyone who has downloaded the files or looked at a page which had some of the info on it.
beacause this info is classified, it would be considered illegal to view such documents/info. By reading it, you could be labeled as a "terrorist". It would be easy for the government to find pretty much anyone who has viewed these files and they could just arrest you.
Maybe the government wants to take out all the people who actually think for themselves and keep the sheep for their slaves.
I dunno, just a theory. What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bulletproof_monk
Hey guys.
Sorry for making another thread on wikileaks. I know there's plenty of others out there already, but i was reading a thread, and it got me thinking.
Couldn't the government be using wikileaks against us? I'm sure they can trace anyone who has downloaded the files or looked at a page which had some of the info on it.
beacause this info is classified, it would be considered illegal to view such documents/info. By reading it, you could be labeled as a "terrorist". It would be easy for the government to find pretty much anyone who has viewed these files and they could just arrest you.
Maybe the government wants to take out all the people who actually think for themselves and keep the sheep for their slaves.
I dunno, just a theory. What do you guys think?

I think you are the perfect citizen - so afraid of the government that you are allowing them to control your thinking and your actions, and I bet you still say you live in a free democratic society.

edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good luck tracking down the people who have read the 'New York Times' or just about any other newspaper in the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

If you haven't already been labeled a terrorist, you will be soon; that's big brother for you.

Live it in fear, or live it in the illumination of the truth. This is your choice.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well, first off it was just an idea that came to mind, second, i dont even live in america, so i dont really have anything to be afraid of

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

It would be extremely hard to track everyone down.
Though one person was already arrested for it. A 16 year old boy, he was caught hacking in support of WikiLeaks. But one person being arrested wont stop whats been started. If anything, it will only provoke more people into support for the website. Its not just one man behind Anonymous, just like Assange isn't the only one behind WikiLeaks, there are hundreds of people involved in this around the world. Its not just a matter of "tracking" someone down.

Also, how do you think the world would respond if the governments just started killing people that simply read the info?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The answer to your question would be no IF the people who view it take necessary precautions. I'm a whitehat hacker used to be a blackhat and no I don't mean a script kiddie. I'm fairly skilled in both sides but I've turned a new leaf as I matured and decided to help people with my skills rather than harm them. Anyway, someone who's taken necessary precautions is NEARLY impossible to track, Someone who's gone beyond the necessary precautions is even harder. I'm not saying it's impossible to find anyone however the amount of time, resources and manpower to track every single person down that's even browsed their site would be far to immense for them to bother.

On the other hand keeping watch over who's accessing certain parts such as bomb locations, military installations, etc may be more feasible. Sorry to be so ambiguous with my response but it's the best you're going to get. Sure it's possible. Will they? Not likely outside of special circumstances.

top topics

join