It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to send probe to Phobos (okay BUT look at this picture of it!!!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you interested in this kinda thing i would highly recomend checking out the Titan moon project. Normally i dont usually agree with some things NASA does, or dont do in some cases but going to Titan is one of the best ideas they have had in a while.

Titan is one of Jupiter's moons, its roughly the size of earth however its entirely made of Ice. As moons travel around planets the gravity (especially gravity as strong as Jupiter's) tugs at the the celestial body (in this case a moon) and pulls and pushes the moon, bending its shape as it goes around. This causes the centre of the moon to heat up.

Mainstream science believes that with Titan, the core or center of the moon should be liquid due to the heat generated by the gravitational "Tug". If this is true then you have a moon that has a resonably thin layer of ice around it, with the center being a mass ocean the size of planet earth. If water is needed to create the basic building blocks of life (single cell organisms etc) then its probably the best location to look for life in our solar system.

Nasa have a plan underway to send a probe which will land on titan, drill through the thin ice crust and eject a small submersable to check it out. The project is a long way from being initiated but its a good idea, who knows what you will find in a pehistoric ocean untouched by man for millions and millions of years.

When you think of the size of a sperm whale.....it kinda makes you wander whats in that limitless ocean on titan

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k
If you interested in this kinda thing i would highly recomend checking out the Titan moon project. Normally i dont usually agree with some things NASA does, or dont do in some cases but going to Titan is one of the best ideas they have had in a while.

The quote above from the body of this poster's message strikes me as an attempt to do exactly what NASA has been doing since the late 1970s when the grooves on Phobos were discovered and realized for the what they really are. Basically, the intent has been to get the focus off of Phobos-despite official interest--and put it elsewhere, with Titan being made the hot topic. This is a classic case of disinformation steering the discussion away from Phobos.

Phobos is not metal, it is a hollowed asteroid, and it is not multicolored as the false-colored image from NASA shows. Search around and you will find where they explain the reason for the false coloration. Plus, it is covered with several meters of ancient dust. And to call the craters "dents," leaves me speechless except for screaming at the monitor and hammering the keyboard.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I like this thread. Sadly, it was done on the Icke forums about four months ago.

www.davidicke.com...

It is almost word-for-word.

If you just spent a few minutes, using the same links in the original thread, adding your own captions/thought/ideas to it. Give credit to the person who originally wrote it, or just modify the wording to suit your agenda.

Unless you are James, and i would feel like a total Butt-munch.
edit on 10-12-2010 by phrankie79 because: little green men

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

I listed my sources. I would offer he got his pics the same place I did.

And, OMG someone had a similar thought.....

I never even heard of that site.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for the post. S & F. There's a reason why so many countries are so intent on learning everything about this moon; as it has given us the monolith on the surface, and the "shot down" Phobos 2 craft--a craft that Russian space authorities still know nothing about, besides the creepy last frame, showing a miles long spacecraft hovering in the bottom of the photo.

Of course, don't worry, as the Russians and Chinese would not want to upset the balance of power and their spot in the "elite" circle; so we will not be learning anything about a monolith or spaceships, even if they are found. The Russians will not be so sloppy on this go around.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Of course, don't worry, as the Russians and Chinese would not want to upset the balance of power and their spot in the "elite" circle; so we will not be learning anything about a monolith or spaceships, even if they are found. The Russians will not be so sloppy on this go around.

Interesting comment.

Could you please elaborate on that?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My reference to "sloppy" was regarding the final photo of Phobos 2--showing a 15 mile long possible spaceship--being leaked out. The photo was taken seconds before the craft was "Shot down" (USSR authorities comment-not mine), and was leaked by a former Cosmonaut in the early 90's, I believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh, dear...that old chestnut? Guess it's getting new life. A bit of research might be wished....when I looked into it, difficult to find much after the twenty years have passed, some stuff is "cached", but many dead links.

However, TWO names popped up, in the ever-present category of "woo-woo": Hoagland and Sitchin. They should ring some alarm bells, yes??

TWENTY years. and IF there were some actual, concrete and solid "suspicions" by any World government about the veracity of a "shoot down" near Phobos....twenty years to wait for another mission? Doesn't pass the logic test. The entire incident smacks of exactly the sort of circumstances that those two clowns, mentioned above, would use to their advantage, in order to manufacture a "way out there" concept, for fun and profit.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took some time, but this cache page came up...it's recent, date-wise....so not sure why, unless it's just the way these silly old notions get resurrected, as seen by contributions in this (and other) ATS threads, every now and then:

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:www.rationalskepticism.org... tml

edit on 11 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm sorry, I have a hard time accepting anything from a website that relies solely on Skepticism to publish their content. The simple fact is, that is full of bias, and even "believers" on this site are often more fair handed--for example myself, who doesn't buy into Niburu, some of the more extreme ancient aliens scenarios, and quite a few other things.

The USSR stated that it was a "shoot down", by something unknown, and the leak was from an insanely credible source that was highly placed in the USSR's space program.
Col. Marina Popovich

Former USSR air Colonel, 107 test flights on 40 different types of aircraft. What is her incentive to lie in this case, and why would you question her credibility?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I have a hard time accepting anything from a website that relies solely on Skepticism to publish their content. The simple fact is, that is full of bias, and even "believers" on this site are often more fair handed--for example myself, who doesn't buy into Niburu, some of the more extreme ancient aliens scenarios, and quite a few other things.

The USSR stated that it was a "shoot down", by something unknown, and the leak was from an insanely credible source that was highly placed in the USSR's space program.
Col. Marina Popovich

Former USSR air Colonel, 107 test flights on 40 different types of aircraft. What is her incentive to lie in this case, and why would you question her credibility?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

There is NO WAY that a "shoot down" confirmation of any sort could have been determined. There was nothing there to record it....so, any "claim" by her (a "noted" UFO enthusiast, per the Wiki link, BTW) is based on pure wishful thinking and speculation.

Gee....they (Soviets) lost Phobos 1 also, equipment malfunction, not long after launch. That speaks volumes regarding a great number of other very mundane reasons for "losing contact" with Phobos 2. Could, even on the very outside extreme chance, have collided with debris that is also in orbit, in vicinity of the moon Phobos....one in several trillion chance, but chance nonetheless.

CERTAINLY greater chance than an "alien spaceship" shooting it!! Because, one has to wonder....WHY did the NASA, and the MRO mission, get so many good photos, without being "shot down"?? Two years ago:

www.nasa.gov...

Here's Phobos photographed by the lander Opportunity, 27 November, 2005...from the surface. A series of snaps taken about ten seconds apart, in multiple exposure. (The image has removed some, and only shows every other one, every 20 seconds):

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

More here.

(I found the Phobos eclipsing the Sun rather interesting)...

BTW, from Wiki, was this the big "reveal" from her?:

In 1991, she also displayed what she claims is the last photo taken by the Russian probe Phobos 2, before it lost contact with Earth and disappeared. This photo shows an unexplained cylindrical figure, which could be a camera artifact.

We've seen tons and tons of camera anomalies and artifacts, right here in ATS threads, for a long time. They are not unusual.

THIS is an example of why skepticism is so important. Proof, or it didn't happen...........

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Excellent post there Sir.

At the end of it all, you are more right than most. Proof.

Let just get some feet on that thing and put an end to any speculation.

More likely a rock..... but one can dream

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/WlLN_Jcg1pc?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"> i found this on u tube i thought it was some waht intersting thought id share

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
n/m

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CRASHMAGEDON

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/WlLN_Jcg1pc?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CRASHMAGEDON

You're trying to put up the "lunacognita" video that you posted in the other thread.

"lunacognita's" stuff has been discussed to death, already, here on ATS.

Sorry

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think you need a bit of help!!

edit on 13-12-2010 by MrKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k

Titan is one of Jupiter's moons, its roughly the size of earth however its entirely made of Ice. As moons travel around planets the gravity (especially gravity as strong as Jupiter's) tugs at the the celestial body (in this case a moon) and pulls and pushes the moon, bending its shape as it goes around. This causes the centre of the moon to heat up.

Mainstream science believes that with Titan, the core or center of the moon should be liquid due to the heat generated by the gravitational "Tug". If this is true then you have a moon that has a resonably thin layer of ice around it, with the center being a mass ocean the size of planet earth. If water is needed to create the basic building blocks of life (single cell organisms etc) then its probably the best location to look for life in our solar system.

I think you are reffering to Enceladus and not Titan.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

high res pic
upload.wikimedia.org...

no craft imo

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Now that we are only a month away from launch i thought i would give this thread a timely bump.

Only another year to wait now for some answers, fingers crossed.

Cosmic...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join