It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+133 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Try to enjoy your next meal

I make no claims, Ill just post what I've found
and let you decide for yourselves.

Chemical Companies, Monsanto/GM Crops Threaten Eco Collapse

Saturday, Oct 30 2010
First the bees now bats have succumbed to the horrors of pollution and genetic tampering with our food crops. Nevertheless, we allow Monsanto and a host of Chemical Corporations to continue to turn a profit! The typically short term 'solution' Corporations are pursuing is to purchase unpolluted and untampered with arable land offshore in poorer nations and other food producing nations stupid enough (Australia) to surrender their prized fertile lands to Transnational Corporations -- that, by nature, would eventually see all viable ecologies replicating the destruction which is occurring in the USA. Ed.

While reading up on the decline of the Bee population that has been occurring in both North America and Europe. I heard about the Bat decline in the news several times over the past few years and wondered if there was a connection. At first I didn't know if there was, That is until I read some of the following. I have only a rudimentary understanding of what Monsanto is doing. Then I read up on Monsanto and Bayer. Apparently in Europe the culprit for the Bee die off was Clothianidin. I highly recommend reading the details from that link. Whats really scary is what's not listed and or how it's listed. Sometimes what's not written can be pretty ominous.

I'll call what the circumstantial evidence is so far indicating the "Double Whammy" A one, two punch. Fist we seem to have the use and spread of a highly toxic insecticide called Clothianidin and then we have genetic manipulation of certain food crops that may be attacking Bees and other insects which are food sources for Bats.

Before we read up on the Bees let see how these two companies have possibly affected the Bat populations.

....BATS....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/405e2607f540.gif[/atsimg]

The Graph above shows the drop in Australia’s smallest bats the (Pipistrellus murrayi)

The Christmas Island Pipistrelle Pipistrellus murrayi, at just 3 g is one of Australia’s smallest bats, and almost certainly, the rarest. It is endemic to Christmas Island, a tiny island in the Indian Ocean just 135 km2 in size, and is the only species of microbat to occur there. Its distribution and abundance have declined dramatically in recent years, and as a result it was listed as ‘Critically Endangered’ under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999 in 2006. Surveys undertaken in the mid-1980s found it to be common and widespread across the island (Tidemann 1985).

However, by the mid-1990s there had been a marked reduction in abundance and a westward range contraction (Lumsden and Cherry 1997, Lumsden et al. 1999). This decline continued at a rapid rate and the species is now confined to the far west of the island, no longer occurring across most of its former range (James and Retallick 2007, Lumsden et al. 2007). Long-term monitoring using ultrasonic bat detectors indicates this species has undergone a 99% decline in relative abundance since 1994 (James and Retallick 2007, Lumsden et al. 2007, Parks Australia North Christmas Island unpublished data; Fig. 1).

Monsanto- Australia

Our Pledge

The Monsanto Pledge is our commitment to how we do business. It is a declaration that compels us to listen more, to consider our actions and their impact broadly, and to lead responsibly. It helps us to convert our values into actions, and to make clear who we are and what we champion.

Coincidence?

Monsanto/Bayer are in Europe, North America and Australia, Who knows how far this double whammy has or will spread? We all know Bees pollinate plants and that Bat's eat insects. Has there been a cross contamination of sorts?

I'm not declaring there is, if anything I now have more questions than answers. I decided to just post what I've found and let you the reader decide. I will write no conclusion on this topic. I'll just ask that you the reader be aware of the possibility that there are worse things that threaten your lives/health than a terrorist attack or shrinking ice caps. It is more insidious because it may come with your Governments stamp of approval or WORSE their ignorance.

Bat disease threatens ecological catastrophe

As a biologist with more than four decades of experience in the field, Thomas Kunz is not prone to over exaggeration. He likes the data to do the talking. But when it comes to describing the recent deaths of more than a million bats across the eastern United States he is unequivocal.

"I've worked with bats over 45 years and never have I seen, or even known about, any kind of mortality rate comparable to what we've seen," he says. "The analysis that we've done here indicates that bats – in at least the north-eastern US – are going to die out within 20 years."

Bats dying from incurable fungus in the Northeast

February 4, 2009
Little brown bats are dying off in large numbers from a fungal disease for which there is no known cure. White-nose syndrome is decimating bat colonies, killing more than 90% of some. Though the actual number of deaths caused by this disease is unknown, it is estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c06d59a88a4a.jpg[/atsimg]
Bayer CropScience and Monsanto Reach Agreement

October 14th, 2003.
The agreement includes the following:

- Monsanto and Bayer cross-license enabling technology for certain herbicide-tolerant crops. In part, this agreement enables broader farmer access to glufosinate-tolerant and glyphosate-tolerant crops.

- Bayer provides Monsanto with a non-exclusive, royalty-bearing license to Bayer’s technology related to Monsanto’s corn-rootworm product.

- Monsanto amends Bayer’s existing non-exclusive, royalty-bearing licenses for use of Monsanto’s herbicide-tolerant and insect-protected technologies for cotton.

- Bayer amends Monsanto’s existing non-exclusive, royalty-bearing license for use of Bayer’s Dual Bt insect-protected enabling technology to provide more favorable terms for all crops.

....BEES....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/412986a27512.jpg[/atsimg]

Bee Decline May Spell End of Some Fruits, Vegetables

October 5, 2004
Bees, via pollination, are responsible for 15 to 30 percent of the food U.S. consumers eat. But in the last 50 years the domesticated honeybee population—which most farmers depend on for pollination—has declined by about 50 percent, scientists say.

Unless actions are taken to slow the decline of domesticated honeybees and augment their populations with wild bees, many fruits and vegetables may disappear from the food supply, said Claire Kremen, a conservation biologist at Princeton University in New Jersey.

Honeybees Dying: Scientists Wonder Why, and Worry About Food Supply

The bees have been dying in unusually large numbers, and scientists are trying to figure out why.

"One in every three bites of food you eat comes from a plant, or depends on a plant, that was pollinated by an insect, most likely a bee," said Dennis vanEngelsdorp of Penn State University's College of Agricultural Sciences.

"We're still managing to pollinate all the orchards," he said. "But we're really cutting it close out there."

Honey bees are dying all over the globe. Here's why!

But it now appears that a much more basic culprit has killed the bees -- Bayer Corporation. Colony Collapse Disorder is poisoning with a known insect neurotoxin called Clothianidin, a pesticide manufactured by Bayer, which has been clearly linked to massive bee die offs in Germany and France.

Scientists and Soldiers Solve a Bee Mystery

Research at the University of California, San Francisco, had already identified the fungus as part of the problem. And several RNA-based viruses had been detected as well. But the Army/Montana team, using a new software system developed by the military for analyzing proteins, uncovered a new DNA-based virus, and established a linkage to the fungus, called N. ceranae.

....And You?....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34abccc6b607.jpg[/atsimg]
Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

In a study released by the International Journal of Biological Sciences, analyzing the effects of genetically modified foods on mammalian health, researchers found that agricultural giant Monsanto's GM corn is linked to organ damage in rats.

According to the study, which was summarized by Rady Ananda at Food Freedom, "Three varieties of Monsanto's GM corn - Mon 863, insecticide-producing Mon 810, and Roundup® herbicide-absorbing NK 603 - were approved for consumption by US, European and several other national food safety authorities."

I don't know, we have more circumstantial evidence building. Are you willing to risk your life or the lives of your loved ones? The deeper I dug the uglier it appears. When thinking about what has been happening with all this Chemical/Biological/Genetic manipulation. I hear the line from Jurassic Park repeating itself.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with
whether or not they could,
they didnt stop to think if they should.

Source

"Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others.

We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown.
"

Monsanto: Extinction

GMO's are made by manipulation of extremely deadly viruses & bacteria (such as E. coli) that have been engineered to be IMMUNE TO ANTIBIOTICS (Pause video at 8:08). Monsanto spends millions of dollars each year in order to "sugar" coat the facts of what GMO's actually are and more importantly, how they are made.

This video straight-forwardly explains the scientific facts on how Monsanto manufactures their GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms) by simply removing all the corporate propaganda, the "smoke & mirrors" if you will.

Monsanto's greed, combined with their quest to monopolize all aspects of food & seed on the planet, has knowingly allowed the proverbial Reaper free upon the world.

GMO's are now acting much like the deadly virus and pre-cancer type cells they are made from... by infecting other organisms that were once pure and healthy.

We as a people should be demanding Monsanto be held for crimes against humanity for the atrocities they have committed and what can be reasonably seen as the start of the end to all life as we know it.

The Bee disappearance is in perfect unison with the time line of Monsanto's uncontrolled release of GMO's into the environment; but due to Monsanto's influence & corruption in governments across the globe, any scientist that tries to inform the public and raise the alarm about the Bee's & GMO's is destroyed financially, as well as their careers'.

After watching these videos, will you knowingly look the other way and FEED your family GM foods; even though you now know you could be killing or permanently harming your child/family?

If you are OUTRAGED at Monsanto's poisoning our food, milk and health; Please do the following actions... make a difference:

1) Call and WRITE (pen & paper) your Legislators

Demand:

2) That they FULLY endorse: "H.R. 6636 GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOOD RIGHT TO KNOW ACT"

3) An immediate moratorium on all GMO's and their Byproducts!

4) FDA change their findings on GMO's as being "Generally Recognized As Safe"! This was done with ZERO testing by the FDA!

5) Demand a full investigation into the criminal conflicts of interest as it pertains to the head personnel of Monsanto and the FDA being one in the same.

6) Demand congress pass a "whistle blowers protection" for all professional scientists in order to end direct or indirect intimidation by Corporations, Universities, Colleges or Government. Science should never be a result of intimidation.

In the end, if you have any further questions [As I do] Please feel free to contact a couple of organizations linked below [As I have]. Who knows, We may get lucky. I would love to hear from those ATS members who have a broader understanding of the field of Genetics and or the Biochemical industry to chime in to either dispel or confirm the ramifications of these possibilities.

Scientific American

Journal of the American Medical Association

Science Direct:

CDC (Center Disease Control)
edit on 8-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,

Excellent information!

Even in the light of experts warning of the dangers, the FDA continues to approve more GMO foods.
Many people do not realize that GMO foods do indeed put their health at great risk. We can thank the FDA for that, hey people think if its approved, it must be safe.

Wrong. Doctors warn us that:

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine has warned that the public should avoid genetically modified (GM) foods, stating, "There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation."

A large number of studies and incidents have implicated GM foods in a wide variety of health problems, including accelerated aging, immune dysfunction, insulin disorders, organ damage and reproductive disruption.

www.naturalnews.com...

This should wake a few people up.

edit on 8-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow that is really scary man.

I wonder what is coming next?

I don't really know what else to say.

Rather than a instant cataclysmic ELE ; perhaps we are more likely looking at a downward slope of deterioration to the brink of a ELE that will take years to develop.

Well, took years. Past tense.

Are we on the edge yet? How much further can we go?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread Slayer, keeping people aware of Monsanto is essential imo.
I bet the cross-licensing created many a loopholes for these guys to exploit!
It is hard to avoid their products too, they own 90% of the soybeans, 85% of the corn and 85% of sugar beets in the US. They also own over 40% of all the vegetable seeds in the US.
SInce 1960, 5 times the amount of fertilizer is applied to crops, but less than half of the yield has been the result.

It all comes down to money and cronyism it seems, surprise.
ourworld.unu.edu...

These days as far as Monsanto has worked it's way into our lives, the only power we have left is as consumers making decisions about what we spend our money on.
For education purposes, here is how to distinguish gmo foods at the market:

For conventionally grown fruit, (grown with chemicals inputs), the PLU code on the sticker consists of four numbers. Organically grown fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 9. Genetically engineered (GM) fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 8. For example,

A conventionally grown banana would be:

An organic banana would be:

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) banana would be:

www.plantea.com...

In regard to the honeybees, it has recently been determined that a fungus is the likely culprit and here is a piece on why/how, and the toxins have played a part in the bee demise.

Modern monoculture farming has begun to distance itself from spraying pesticides. Rather, it has opted to genetically modify seeds and coat them prior to planting with potent pesticides that grow inside the plant and move throughout its system where ultimately the toxicity is transferred to the nectar and pollen.

Bees use nectar by turning it into honey, their only source of energy. In the process of harvesting nectar from flowers, bees inadvertently cross-pollinate flowering plants. There are 235,000 known flowering plants for which bees are the predominant pollinators. In addition, bees require pollen as the only source of protein to make their young, build brains and strengthen their autoimmune systems.

Many of these systemic pesticides are from a family of highly toxic chemicals called neonictinoids. Bees exposed to these chemicals exhibit symptoms similar to humans afflicted with Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s disease. Billions of bees died in France before the government banned these poisons. Since the ban, France’s bees have stopped dying by the billions, but bees are still dying from other factors like mites, viruses, and global warming. Neonictinoids are used widely throughout North America.

drreese.wordpress.com...

Peace,
spec

edit on 8-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well done my brother! Starred and flagged!

My guess is that it is something along those lines, as well as something to do with the crap the jets are spewing all over the skies and blanketing our atmosphere with.

These mega-corps are the most dangerous and hostile entities on earth right now. We need to reign them in, in the worst possible way, and we need to do it ASAP, as I feel our very survivals depend upon it.

Great thread as usual, Slayer!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am all for scientific progress but there definitely does seem to be something odd about how quickly genetically engineered crops have been allowed into the food chain

There seems to have been a real lack of and kind of serious controls over its spread and a real lack of testing of long term effects for something that has such a huge effect all of the way up and down the food chain and that has implications for every species on the earth.

It's very disturbing.

Excellent thread!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Great thread Slayer,star and flag.
Monsanto is playing a game that could
wipe everyone,plant and animal out of
existance.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A bad bunch of psychos at work here. The sad part is when one psycho steps down another is waiting to take that place. And, the shareholders are just as guilty.

It is one thing to be mad at a corporation, but I can't see that doing any good. The only way to hurt a corporation is to quit supporting it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Bang... zoom... out of the park!!!

I applaud your research and presentation here. While it is clear that the establishement has decided to favor the organic hive collapse syndrome rationale, we all know that the ecosystem has been absorbing more and more of Big Aggro and Big Chemical synthetic pollutants since the days of DDT... which they all maintained was safe and harmless, per the industrialists' "Big Book of Things to Say in Public."

The track record of the transantionally-corporate-infused regulatory agencies, (now equipped with the magical rotating door of executive leadership) is abysmally poor in the matters of holding the corporate citizens to task regarding their "commitments" to "responsible" conduct. As the viability of naturally pollinated crops fails, where can we turn to offset the corporte malfesance which will be sold to us via their media as 'progess'?

Ask the Vatican... they'll tell you GMO crops are "God's" answer to the problem.

Everytime I see a bee I wonder how long it will be before I see another. I saw ONE last year. Hope fades quickly as bats - another powerhouse for ecological balance - are removed from the ecological load-bearing equation.

When the science is bought and paid for, when the media is complicit in the scheme, when the representatives of people are part and parcel of the problem, how do we address the issue? Virtually everything Americans buy (thinking it's just food) is somehow contributing to the power and profit of the 21st century robber barons...... If you have ever seen an advertisement on MSM for any food product, you can virtually guarantee it's engineered or contains synthetics that are single-sourced to the industrial cabals which dominate all mediums.

Soon SUPRANATIONAL legislation will virtually MANDATE consumption of the beast's food stuffs, because no other sources will be 'honored' via regulatory protection. It will begin as media starts to claim that only one kind of food is good.... watch for it... it is coming. All alternative nutrrition will be met with official suspicion and perhaps even repression. These are the natural consequences of allowing the corporate class to rule... because commerce is more important.

As we are trained and indoctrinated to consume, we will be taught to reject nature as flawed..... It has already happened with our own egos in the media crucible (ladies... are you skinny enough?).... food and water will soon follow.... controleld thought and expression will ice the cake.

Ironically, someday, what you have posted here could be looked upon as a crime..... unless we remain awake and resistant to the olympian attempts to re-engineer society for the benefit of trade and the middlemen who stand in its way.

Yeah.... I'm pretty inspired right now. Thanks!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As many of the links and the youtube video show, standing up to these guys can be harmful to your health...but so is the food they create.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efdda7d9c4a2.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow, what a coincidence that both paths have the same ending...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Great thread ... as always!

I havent been able to view all the videos yet, but bringing in the correlation of Bats is a new one for me.

Thank you Slayer!

"...sing a Slaying song!"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Never mind

edit on 8-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
S+F!

Okay here's a bit of wild speculation on my part, but take a look at the big picture and possible reason behind Monsanto's use of this pesticide; Most are viewing the bee die off as a side effect or a lack of concern for the environment - what if the real goal was to create the die off as a means of preventing bees from cross-pollinating crops in the wild - i.e., outside of Monsanto's control?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

However you slice it. Known or not....

What gives them the right to create the situation whereby they cause the Unnatural extinction of possibly not just one but two ancient species? Not only that, but how is this possibly affecting the food chain on the whole?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hi slayer nice thread
if the corn has been modigyed to tolerate poisen sprays
unless the bees and bats and humans are GM to cope with the same poisen
then the bees and bats and humans will be poisened
the poisen changes the bacteria flawna in the gut
and persists in the gut and destroys the natural symbiotic nature of these good bacteria
that help us digest our food

till they make gm bees bats humans and anything else in the eco system
they are poisening the ecosphere

beware GM it destroys nature

s+f good work keep it up

xploder

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Wow that is really scary man.

I wonder what is coming next?

The next thing is USDA sponsored Spermicidal Corn. It is grown here in my state and so far I have had THREE sterile billy goats in the last three years. The first buck produced a fine crop of babies before he went sterile. noblelie.com...

Three more tidbits of info I can add.

Monsanto got Mike Taylor, their lawyer into the FDA where he ruled that GMO is the“substantially equivalent”" to natural so no testing is needed. www.newswithviews.com...

GMO corn contaminates Mexican native corn fields - www.foodfirst.org...

This is my really interesting find:

Horizontal Gene Transfer from GMOs Does Happen

Horizontal Gene Transfer from GMOs Does Happen. Recent evidence confirms that transgenic DNA does jump species to bacteria and even plants

Here is a listing of all the GMO - gene information from the Institute of Science in Society

This is the listing for GMO & BEES

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story

Investigative news report regarding cancer-causing additives to milk by Monsanto is shut down by Fox News executives.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Monsanto is the most evil corporation on Earth hands down from the GM Food and terminator gene in their corn they will likely be the death of us all. They remind me of the Umbrella corporation from the resident evil series

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The World According to Monsanto Part 1 of 10

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

A bad bunch of psychos at work here. The sad part is when one psycho steps down another is waiting to take that place. And, the shareholders are just as guilty....

Actually the "shareholders" are not guilty that is what is so interesting about Monsanto. Out of curiosity I checked out the "shareholders" awhile back. 85% are mutual funds & pensions! Most of the "shareholders" have no idea they actually own stock in that company!

What this means is the "shareholders" money buys the shares BUT the financial managers VOTE the shares. So we are back to the Financiers being the bad guys.

Divisions of Fidelity hold total shares: 39,127,443 or 7.15% The founding Johnson family controls most of Fidelity Edward C Johnson 3rd is chairman of the group. They are the biggest shareholders.

Monsanto - Sources
www.indopedia.org...
www.sourcewatch.org...

I am just going to copy and paste my file here (fingers crossed) The nice chart did not copy sigh..

Holder
Shares
Date Reported: Position
--------------------------------------------
GRANT HUGH
17-Feb-09: Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
--------------------------------------------------------------
PARFET WILLIAM U
30-Jan-09: director (M), CEO MPI Research, Inc.,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CREWS TERRELL K
16-Jan-09: Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
----------------------------------------------------------------------
FRALEY ROBERT T
20-Oct-08: Executive Vice President Chief Technology Officer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORLEY CHERYL P
20-Oct-08President, Animal Agricultural Group, SVP Corporate Strategy

TOP INSTITUTIONAL HOLDERS

Holder
Shares
% Out
Value*
Reported
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FMR LLC
$1,983,157,002
31-Dec-08