It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea to create more jobs--National Pay With Cash Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I had an idea today so simple that was in the hands of the people to get more jobs created very easily. I could imagine a national movement to start this and it might just work in the long run. The idea is simple. Stop using debit and credit cards for transactions and start using cash. Cash transactions take an greater amount of time to process than atm card transactions. The longer it takes to process a transaction, the more money the company loses. The company must compensate by adding another cash register or and adding workers to cover. Imagine the retail outlets having 100's of people in line all of which want to use cash. Imagine gas stations where the ease of inserting a card at the pump is and every person walking inside to pay cash.

The mom and pop businesses will not suffer from this. It would be the big companies that would suffer as they have streamlined their business model to such an extent that they can cut human labor in favor of advances in technology. If enough people paid with cash, these companies would be forced to hire more people to accommodate the influx in cash paying customers.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This isn't going to happen. The reason we started using credit and
debit cards was so we didn't have to stand in those long lines to pay
with cash. Cash will oneday be a thing of the past.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I have seen crazier things happen in recent years. Surely spending a few more minutes in line per person, is not such a radical proposal. When considering the many movements that tie themselves to trees, or lie down in traffic this is such a mild and nationwide proposal with immediate impact if done on a large scale.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That's just the point. No one is going to do this in large numbers.
Like I said, cash will soon be a thing of the past if TPTB and the
NWO have their way with us.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think the idea will work. However you aren’t creating “real jobs” i.e. jobs that advance the standard of living. All theses jobs would be funded by adding to the services costs, in the end businesses will re-coup its losers from the consumer (but the consumer can’t, re-coup from anyone!])
In the end it wouldn’t be much different to putting an e.g. 1% tax on all goods, and then using the money to pay people to dig a hole, and then fill it in again (apart from someone having to que, as they work!). Yes jobs are created, but the standard of living? Not only will it not advance, but it will actually contract.

Apart from that, the idea works, just fine.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

I agree with you. In the long run it would harm us. In the short term it could help. However, if we had responsible business that cared less about profit and more about doing the right thing for their communities then they would take a cut to the bottom line to get people back to work.

new topics

top topics

join