It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
That is not the password! Neither is the other 12 dozen floating around the net. If you want to try to open the file. Download AES crypt from Microsoft, try to open the file, select program, AEScrypt32.exe, then it will allow you to try the password.

Guess we'll all just have to wait for the real one to surface.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You could boot in Windows Diagnostics mode and the wi-fi can't work... never gets turned on. I use Diagnostics Mode for my AI program, which runs all night long on two dual-core computers and requires ALL of a processor's resources. And of course, the no wi-fi also keeps my program from being stolen.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwardSlayton
reply to post by aivlas

One day I was with him in person and he said, "Turn your phone off." I held the red button until it was off. He dialed his cell phone, hit a bunch of numbers, and my phone turned itself on. Then it rang with a caller ID tag that wasn't his phone number. Then he spoke into the phone and every word I heard through the phone was perfectly in a natural woman's voice. (I heard his real voice as he stood in front of me)

Nice story but where is your proof. Explain how a computer with only a mother board (no on board sound card or modem), ram, cd-drive, hdd, monitor and a keyboard/mouse can be made to phone home?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He was contacting the agency he worked for. First he dialed into a computer at his agency, then he dialed my number (actually sending the number to the agency computer) and it turned on my cell phone and sent a call through to it with a masked Caller ID and running through a voice changer. So actually, it WAS a computer that was calling me (not his cell phone) and his cell phone was simply a microphone.

Beyond that, I don't want to get into a p*ssing contest.

Edward Slayton

Edit- I will add that the only thing he TOLD me was that the voice changer is sometimes used to get information from people over the phone because a woman's voice (and that PARTICULAR computerized woman's voice) can get people to give information they wouldn't normally give. From other sources though, I know that the technology is used for psychological warfare.
edit on 8-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

if this is true then how many fingers am i holding behind my back?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't recommend using this password on the website though since we are not the owner of said website. It's almost the basic level of hacking and can be used against anyone who logs in if all of this comes to court, which I'm sure many cases will see a courtroom involving Wikileaks.

So be careful. It might be an ultimate Trojan Horse against those who Press Enter.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertflower
reply to post by Trillium

the B is a symbol check out this link en.wikipedia.org...

use alt0223 for US keyboard the numbers beside it I think mean to the power of 2332 or maybe add it to the end makes symbols strange lines when you add it all together

Ok
Think password maybe
& # 9 4 6 ; & # 1 7 8 ; & # 1 7 8 ; & # 1 8 5 ; & # 1 7 9 ; 9 9 9 4 2 a p o p h i s
or some variation
Check
www.escapenorth.com...
link explain it better

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I will bet everything I own that it's not

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ladies and Gents,

If you really want to know the depths Julian Assange has gone -> to encrypt files to avoid torture. Then have a read of this:

caml.inria.fr...

"From: Julian Assange "

This is like a regular encrypted disk except that it supports multiple keys, where it is computationally infeasible given some of those keys to show that there are more keys, or that particular blocks of data are being used to store something other than unallocated space. Even for the legitimate user.

A good keying system prevents revealing of the key, placing the subject of interrogation in a hostile environment (i.e not the computer room), damage to as many parts of the subject's body as possible, retardation of the subjects mental faculties and retardation of the subject's free will. The keying system should also be practical enough to be used and adopted by real life people, and not require expensive or hard to find hardware.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Not trying to be a troll or anything but.....

I would not touch this file now with a ten foot pole now. I have little doubt that many, if not most of the miror sites are unwittingly(or otherwise) offering a trojan file that will give the powers that be the availability to know who has downloaded this file, who is attempting to open it, and possibly anything else on your computer/network. And this is just a best case scenerio I can think of.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid. But it's usually best to err on the side of caution.

Eh. Don't fear the reaper, live a little until he comes for ya.

I've got a couple different versions of the file. Only one is the original, verified through the checksums. I have to wonder what's in the others, if anything has been changed, and by whom. Not skeered of trojans hitching a ride, though. My guess is that the government flooded the market with bogus versions that can't be opened with the right password when it's released, intending to sew doubt, and that's all there is to them.

Here's the scenario: Wikileaks releases the password into the wild, some lucky schmuck with the right file manages to open it and spill the contents all over the place. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, all the unlucky schmucks with the wrong files try the password, and start screaming it was fake, because the PW don't work for them, calling into question the legitimate files, and whether the PW was real or a disinformation op.

Who to believe for the average Joe who doesn't understand how it all works? Encryption is some Black Art to him. Could be anything. As this goes on, the government and media magnify all those screams of "fake" and ecksploit (yeah, I meant to spell it like that - the key that the 'cks' is replacing seems not to be working) the resulting chaos.

I could crank out a file with the right size and entropy in about 3 minutes. Release it into the wild, and then start a rumor that some "trojan" is riding the wiki file, and I've scared off 90% of potential sleuths right there. Deal with the other 10% by getting most of THEM to scream "FAKE!". Here's a hint, though - trojans don't hitch rides in the way I've seen it claimed they're doing on this file. They are ecksecutables, and this file isn't.

The one thing I couldn't fake would be the checksums.

Now, in order to get the fake files to open, and have all manner of evil goodies inside them, the gov't would need to have cracked the original to have the right password to lock the fake up with, so that when Wikileaks releases the PW, ALL of the files would decrypt, but some would start tossing grenades. I'm willing to bet dollars against donuts that the gov't hasn't cracked it yet, much less within days of the initial release when all these fake files started flooding the 'net waves.

Nah. I ain't skeert. Live a little. The Reaper will come for us all when it's our time. Until then, kick ass, take names, and love every minute of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by meaningoflights

"From: Julian Assange "

This is like a regular encrypted disk except that it supports multiple keys, where it is computationally infeasible given some of those keys to show that there are more keys, or that particular blocks of data are being used to store something other than unallocated space. Even for the legitimate user.

A good keying system prevents revealing of the key, placing the subject of interrogation in a hostile environment (i.e not the computer room), damage to as many parts of the subject's body as possible, retardation of the subjects mental faculties and retardation of the subject's free will. The keying system should also be practical enough to be used and adopted by real life people, and not require expensive or hard to find hardware.

Is it me or does that make next to no sense? I'm not a computer tech but even the non-tech quotes from him make very little sense. He seems to use grammar in a very strange way, leading to everything being very confusing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattDalpe

Originally posted by Section31
People also have to remember that Assange is a hacker. Something about this size may also include a computer virus, or it could contain something in which is even more deviant.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

There's no virus unless the file contains an executable file.. my guess is once you enter the key you will get a big zip archive with tons of docs inside.

Some virii are just scripts. Block scripts and don't run ecksecutables, and all should be fine.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
all they gotta do is go to b gates get him to tell em the way in all windows pc bkdoor, make a virus hunt down and file shred the aes file all over the net, do the same for apple,dont know bout unbutu knoppix

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by MattDalpe
There's no virus unless the file contains an executable file.. my guess is once you enter the key you will get a big zip archive with tons of docs inside.

You do know that the password program is an .exe file type? Even though it has another extension, it can still be used as a trojan horse program.

What? What "password program"? Do you mean the decryption program? Are you saying that AESCrypt is a trojan?

How do they hide that in the source code?

No, an "aes256" file 'stention is in no way able to be a "trojan".

.Zip file are also used in the same manner as a .exe file.

Not unless it's self-eckstracting.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

The reason you cant understand it is because your non-technical - if you were technical you would probably agree with me that this guy is extremely smart and has a lot of experience with cryptography (to aid human right activists).

I want to point out the reason I posted, because to unlock the insurance.aes256 file you need to understand it will probably have multiple passwords, but the number of different ones cannot be calculated, so if he gets tortured they will never know if there is more info in the file... or that particular blocks of data are being used to store something other than unallocated space.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ugh its starting to bother me how no one actually took the video for myabe a little more than just "oh here's the password, go have fun". If you actually look at the video there is the password yes but it is not the password to the file itself.

i repeat : IT'S NOT THE PASSWORD TO THE INSURANCE FILE ITSELF!!!

read the comments on the video and you'll see that this "wikidocs" fellow had responded to some questions in the comments section as well as provided some useful info in the description

Wikileaks insurance.aes256 file - please refer to legend in previous E-mail. This is for the people who already have the encryped docs and a legend was sent out to use with the password. This is only one part of the password. Don't take it for face value. For example a series of numbers, i.e 12115, is a number or word. Hope this helps.

and here you can see his actual responses to the people have been asking the same questions over and over:

i205.photobucket.com...

So in speculation what i think is really going on is if this guy is really legit then this is a password not for US the public, but for those who Julian trusted sending emails to about the insurance file and its safekeeping. This is a message to them i believe and i hope its good news for us. If things get more serious then I'm expecting the public password to be released. However, for now we will just have to wait and hope that the message that this is will mean good news for us. Keep your eyes and ears open my friends....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
"it could just be 1.4GB of random garbage designed as disinformation intended to throw us off, or it could be some big secrets that WikiLeaks is blackmailing the government with."

Probability analysis of the insurance.aes256 file posted by WikiLeaks

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is likely designed with sophistication.

It is not a single encrypted file, clearly. Parts are encrypted and parts are intentional random noise, and the structure is desig

Likely there are various 'layers' or parts which can be decoded so that Wikileaks always has some plausible additional leverage even if some have been revealed.

I.e., they squeeze him, he says "I'll reveal something", they say, "ORLY?", he says "Yes, ZKJSDJKSA", and something gets decrypted, but more remains.

This way, the people pressuring him know that (a) he isn't BSing, and more importantly, that there is more to come which could be avoided if they make a deal.
edit on 9-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

lets get cracking... I work, and do not have the time to spend the hours needed to crack this encryption. if you want to go ahead... the documents will be freely leaked soon enough I am not going to waste my time on in my mind a possible government tracker or by tptb looking for us... have fun, that code is not unbreakable but very time consuming, WEP i will do if 30 minutes this.... another story

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I personally believe that the government has cracked the password already. It would take thousands of years to decode the password on a system that processes in sequence but it could be done in a much shorter time on a system that processes in parallel.

There are certain types of hardware like GPUs that are really good for brute forcing passwords because of their ability to process thousands of bits of data in parallel at the same time. I remember that physics cards for video games were delayed because people were specifically worried that people wouldn't use them to calculate physics for games and instead were going to use them to brute force peoples passwords in very short periods of time.

If the government hasn't cracked it yet, it is only a matter of time. No doubt they are putting in a lot of time (and energy! in joules) to crack this password.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join