It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so wrong with just being Human?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What has inner powers done for humanity? The same thing science, religion, philosophy, laws, rulers, and charity has done: Nothing to unite mankind in global Peace, Comfort, and Bliss.

So why focus on it? Because it brings me personal satisfaction, peace, bliss, and understandings.

Prove my powers? That's really tough.

One power I focus on is control of my body. I understand the placebo effect, so I speak to my mind and body to undergo the placebo effect without the placebo. I talk to and command my cells to repair cuts, I tell my lungs to breath when I have an asthma attack, I talk my muscles into loosening when they are aching and sore. I am not like wolverine of X-Men, my cuts do not vanish in minutes. But I can stop the bleeding on command and heal my wounds faster than family and friends. I can turn the pain receptors low. I can choose to feel pain or dull it out. I have not mastered pain, but when I focus I can increase my tolerance and decrease the pain threshold. I can command heat to various parts of my body with intent. Control over my body is my strongest power. Is this worth a million bucks? Because this is a "power" religion and science doesn't encourage, but one that helps me.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Am I insane to think that people can be moved to recognize the presence of the living God within?

yes... there are inherent and fundamental problems with this, it has been tried upon quite a bit through history. Who then would you attribute humankind's moral imprint to ?

one can not reach a plateau or a high spiritually or otherwise and expect to stay there or to keep it forever, it has to be a lifestyle a living philosophy.

edit on 12/7/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Am I insane to think that people can be moved to recognize the presence of the living God within?

yes... there are inherent and fundamental problems with this, it has been tried upon quite a bit through history. Who then would you attribute humankind's moral imprint to ?

one can not reach a plateau or a high spiritually or otherwise and expect to stay there or to keep it forever, it has to be a lifestyle a living philosophy.

Of course it would, since it begins "merely" as an ideal to which we aspire, a twinkle in the eye, a joyful sense of something felt, something known, a mere recognition, that's all. I wasn't talking about an ongoing spiritual "high", but a gnosis, what Terrance McKenna liked to call a "felt experience". That's all, and there is no problem with it, in the context of a monistic idealism, whereby consciousness and not matter, is primary. It's what the new science is pointing to, or I should say declaring rather emphatically, anyway. It works, it holds water, and it's practical and even fun, something worthwhile, worth sanctifying one's self in, as a loving devotion, recognizing the felt presence of a love transcendant.

It's available, there's an access point, that's all I'm saying.

There is no such thing really as isolate consciousness, not in the sense we used to think, not any more, that's not how the world works, it's an old and now outdated worldview or paradigm, the Materialist Monist, matter is primary, and consciousness an epiphenomena of matter, inside the scull only.

It's nothing but a simple reframe, which can be subjected to testing, evaluation and subjective experience.

The human being is like a flower, now ready to bloom, that's all. I say either you're in on the party, and the celebration, or you are not, the choice remains, but there's something there worth celebrating, that's all I know.

Life is not an empty, meaningless absurdity. that just doesn't "grok", it's not congruent with our own human experience, our felt experience, which is no less valid than that taken in and processes through the five senses.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by siouxm
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have been reading John Bradshaw "Healing the Shame that Binds". He speaks of how humans are brought to shame as children in various ways (discipline methods, teasing, grades, abandonment, etc) and we are left to feel as if something is terribly wrong with us; We are broken. In order to hide our shame we put on a facade of either being subhuman (giving in to addictions, etc) or being superhuman (god-like, super heroes). Being human means something is wrong with us, and that is just not okay.

It would fit that those of us who fall into the superhuman group would like to have powers that make us "more than" others. That helps us to feel "more than enough" because simply being "enough" is just not okay.

Of course I am learning to accept myself as purely human and I am learning to love that.

I appreciate your thread. Thank you! It is timely.

Thank you for this insightful post my friend.

You hit upon my exact point. So many seem to be searching for that thing, something, anything, that makes them special in this world. This searching is because we have created a society where we do not recognise that each and everyone of us IS special. We all have that inherent uniqueness that brings something new to this world. There is absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed about in being who you are. There are many spiritual paths one can walk down to discover this. Along the way there are many who would like to profit off your journey. There are peddlers of trinkets that will unlock some forgotten power within you, there are peddlers of books that will create wonderful worlds in you imagination that will comfort you, there are many gurus who will accept you and offer there truth wholesale. Through all of this you will be left thirsty for more.

It is only when one comes to understand they were born with all they need, that they were made perfect, even if rejected by society, that they come to understand the greatness of being human. YOU are something to be loved. If you find this inside you, you cannot help but see it in others. Then you will have the real super power that IS being human.

Thank you for sharing my friend. I am sorry I was pressed for time yesterday and did not get to your post. It is truly a gem in this treasure chest.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

ok that makes pretty good sense, so basically the image you are painting is something kin to Saddam wearing a Buddhist robe ? Self proclaimed gods only last a short time, imo it just doesn't work because the one has to get the rest of their subjects to think exactly like them... there is a problem there too.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
being human is played out. been there done that. i'm ready to be a trans

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
being human is played out. been there done that. i'm ready to be a trans

nah you don't want to be above your fellow human you want to be equal with them... you may want to stop watching television because the government is beaming androgynous signal code into your brain.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
haha i don't need television to be androgynous. nothing wrong with that. i welcome all aspects of reality into my life. if god hated androgyny he wouldn't have created it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
if god hated androgyny he wouldn't have created it.

he didn't, society created it out of ignorance and lack of understanding...

it's a left hemisphere thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i found this song today on youtube and i had to come back and post it LOL! I love it!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowind

I never heard them before. I just finished listening to "Dance Until We Die". I found a new favorite group!

Thanks for sharing my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
no prob
glad i could share and you enjoy, i've been listening to their songs on and off all day

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowind

I am listening to sister sunshine

the girl singer sounds just like Dolores O'Riordan one of my favorite female vocalist,

thanks, talent for a change...

edit on 12/8/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Such a great post, and subject. I would personally like to thank you, for one of the very few sane posts on a site that is starting to be tiresome, inundated by insanity and sub-human "new age" schizoids.

I think the answer is in your original post, thus, I think, your question is rhetorical, but fundamental. First, of course there is nothing wrong with "just" being human, the true nature of Human is the Wholeness of Universal Godliness.
The problem, this would be second, is that most anthropoids, visiting this site, or sullying it, are what I call "Shadow-Humans". Not being able to reach the Universal Wholeness of the true Human, or not wanting to, for whatever reason, they run around, like the schizoids they are, pointing fingers at anything remotely resembling what they cannot obtain. Thus, you come face-to-face with these beings of darkness who, unable to become a Whole Human, create all these fantasies, to hide their shortcomings (indigo children, aliens, gurus, gods, remote viewers and the likes).

So, as an answer to your rhetorical question; not only is it not wrong "just" being Human, it's the only right path to true fulfillment, and enlightenment. For surely, a True Human is so much more then the lowly gods, champions, and gurus, that the "Mud-People", on this site, invent every single day.

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Brother.

Great post, and great subject matter. Maybe it will even manage to rise some of these ghouls out of their muddy graves, and into the beginning of the journey they should be undertaking, the Journey of finding their "Whole Humanness"!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join