It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so wrong with just being Human?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

There are plenty of threads on ATS about someone who is Psychic or someone who is telekinetic, or this person talks to aliens, or that person who is a Prophet. It's like an epsiode of the freaking X-men some days on ATS. One would think with all these great and powerful wizards peddling one form of super enlightenment or another, that this world should be totally at peace by now. With all this energy sending and light beings, not a single person should go to sleep in the elements with their bellies empty. So why do we have this? Oh, thats right, there are the forces of Magneto who are out to enslave the ordinary humans so the battle wages on.

What is so bad about just being human and using the AWESOME powers of being human to make the change we all know we want to see?

Being human isn't some trivial thing. We are not amebas, bound to one short lived function in life. No, we are the most complex organism on this planet. We have a mind which not only leads us to those things which provide us sustenance, but also leads us to contemplate our own existence. We do not simply exist on this world like the beasts of the field, we unravel its mysteries and seek to shape it in ways that make it more comfortable for our existence. We create works of art that inspire us. We build, we invent, we examine, and we advance. Our evolution is in OUR hands, not that of random selection. We are God's eyes and ears on this plane of existence. Yet, the gifts he has given us are not enough. Some see those gifts as a means to advance themselves, to provide more comfort for only them. Others see the gifts as wonderful things to advance the whole species, and work tirelessly to do so. But, what of those of you who do no see them as anything special at all?

Why do YOU need to be more special than your Brothers and Sisters? Why do you need to have powers others do not? Why do you need that extra recognition? More importantly, once you have it, how will it help our existence to be a better place?

To those who are waiting for those to come with these special powers, those who are hoping for a messiah to save this planet from doom, why can't you see that you have the power to make that change yourself? Why are you so utterly helpless to change that someone else must come along and demonstrate powers more awesome than those we already have? Do you not know, Ye ARE Gods?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I Personally think as people we WANT there to be aliens and wizrds and loch ness monsters or just something different... thats why people are constantly talking about them or mostly PRETENDING to be them.
Im not bothered if aliens exist i must admit, or the loch ness monster, i wouldnt sleep any different if they were real.
nothing is wrong with being human, just from what i can gather HUMAN is just not good enough.
I know what your saying about changing the world ect ect, but im sure the governments will stop us someway or another.
edit on 7-12-2010 by infoquest because: added

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well it has to be said
Sites such as this attract a fair number who are totally bonkers as well as a lot of teens. When you are young you think you are unique - set aside from the rest of humanity. And so we see those ridiculous constructs 'the indigo child', the 'empath' etc etc. Snort....
Just a sign of immaturity and/or delusional thinking I'm afraid. It will pass when they grow up (or take the tablets).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

IAMIAM to answer you nothing is wrong with being human. I think that since this is a conspiracy site many get in here find new info and are basically caught up in the trend. the thing is humans have higher abilities and many of them are waking up. So in a sense the x-man or super power crowd are either sensing their true potentials as they awake or have completely lost their minds.
good question.

edit on 12/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It seems like we HOPE there is. Even as a Christain, I HOPE that there's life after death and all that. Many other people are probably HOPING they have some sort of special "power" to set them apart from the rest, or as the person above posted they hope they exist.

As for me, I'm quite happy with being human.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Great post my friend. I am not sure how many are real or how many are hopeful. I don't think many understand the impact they can have on just by being human, or how unique each is a individual.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have been reading John Bradshaw "Healing the Shame that Binds". He speaks of how humans are brought to shame as children in various ways (discipline methods, teasing, grades, abandonment, etc) and we are left to feel as if something is terribly wrong with us; We are broken. In order to hide our shame we put on a facade of either being subhuman (giving in to addictions, etc) or being superhuman (god-like, super heroes). Being human means something is wrong with us, and that is just not okay.

It would fit that those of us who fall into the superhuman group would like to have powers that make us "more than" others. That helps us to feel "more than enough" because simply being "enough" is just not okay.

Of course I am learning to accept myself as purely human and I am learning to love that.

I appreciate your thread. Thank you! It is timely.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
S+F. I hear ya on this one, but beyond just the principle... these people are liars. I could imagine a world where TPTB could keep this kinda stuff hidden, but I would be imagining. If stuff like this really existed there would be AT LEAST a shred of evidence, but we are asked to take someones word for it ...in every single case.

So to answer your question; What is wrong with being human? Nothing. What is wrong with the kind of people we are discussing? They are loonies.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Great thread. I always feel bad posting when I have nothing to contribute but I do it anyway because some threads are worth the simple moral support.

I guess if I were to contribute, I'd say for one I agree with those who say it's basically a psychological compensation mechanism, and a sign of immaturity. Seeing yourself as you actually are, without any special talents or gifts (beyond those few things you are genuinely good at) is hard. It's humbling, and a lot of kids aren't ready for that. I think it takes getting burned a few times by the cold realities of life before people start to become more grounded and accept themselves for what they really are.

If there are special powers, they most certainly are not something that you can use as a shortcut to actually growing and learning and mastering life. They would likely come to the person who has already mastered mundane life.

But a fruitless attempt at taking a shortcut is all I see (with occasional genuinely interesting exceptions) when I read about people and their X-Men superpowers, or their desires to "develop" such powers. It actually makes me sad, but I just remind myself that I was the same way as a teenager and I know there are a lot of teenagers and very young adults on these boards. My hope is some of them will eventually figure out that delusion is not in the long run a way to make a satisfactory life for yourself.

To them I would say learn a new skill. Draw something, build something, pick up a sport. Once the initial embarrassment phase is passed (and let's face it, anybody who is an expert at something once sucked at it but did it anyway; embarrassment is merely the price of future success), you'll find it much more rewarding than fantasizing about superpowers.

Finally, I think a lot of the retreat into fantasy might stem from a generalized anxiety about the future of our civilization, an anxiety which in my opinion is perfectly legitimate because our civilization has been accelerating its descent into the crapper. But this I cannot help with because I have not gotten over my own anxiety about this. Frankly it's depressing. I've been working on getting over my fear of death because I have this suspicion death is something a lot of us are going to see in the next decade.

I guess I did have something to contribute after all

edit on 7-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I get were your coming from in a way cause yes there are alot of people out there who want to be, and pretend to be something special or more than human. However you lost me a bit when you said this

"We do not simply exist on this world like the beasts of the field, we unravel its mysteries and seek to shape it in ways that make it more comfortable for our existence."

yes in a way we are wonderfully curious and inventive creatures but making this world more comfortable for us has ultimately destroyed it for - as you put it- The beasts of the field.
I know everyone's beliefs about animals and wether they have souls, emotions, thoughts...ex are very very different. But I am of the opinion that they have as much right to be here as us. Some would label me an extremest because of this veiwpoint, but whatever.
I'm not trying to be special or different when I say I believe in past lives and that I have been animals in them as I remeber a few of them, its simply the truth. I don't think i am special or different for this because I think its true of many people only not everyone remembers or wants to. I believe all things in this world are connected, and yes although humans have the ability to be very wonderful beings, we also have tendency to be very destructive in some senses as well, not just to animals and the planet but even to ourselves
which is personally why I feel being human is a bit detestable. I believe our race has a lot of room for improvment.

On that note Yes there are pretenders trying to be special or different, but there are some people who actually are (have strengthend ESP abilities), I've met them and had personal confirmation of there powers (perhaps nothing i could proove to others but personal proof to myself) and alot of the times they don't profess physic powers as being "non human" but as something that every human can acheive if they work on that area of their lives. I think it is something we all can acheive and is not special really.

I don't think everyone who claims ESP or special abilities should be imidiately dismissed just because of all the pretenders and the fakes. Alot of the frustration and anger in this world is because we (many of us humans, most are not without some blame) look down our noses at other people who have different beliefs or ways of life and judge them for it. I think this is cruel and if you think back to a time when you were judged in this way i think you'll find you feel the same.

I"m not really trying to argue with you and say being human isn't special because it is in its way, and we should all try to strive to feel, and become more "special" the more we shine as ourselves the better the world will be. but humanity does has its faults and we should learn to be more understanding of others of our own speicies as well as those four legged, feathered, scaled, "beasts of the feild" of wich we so often trod upon when we shape this world to be "more comfortable for our existance"

just thoughts to chew on i guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
um... but people CAN and DO have magickal powers. Bruce Lee, anyone? Powers that our human eyes cannot see, but our human hearts can feel. Everyone has different gifts, you just gotta find 'em, so GET REAL.

Humans would be way cooler if they weren't poisoning our food and water.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think that everyone is "special" in their own right, and that we all possess special gifts and talents, but some of us have done a lot of hard work to arrive at certain observations and/or realizations about our true nature as human beings and therefore it's incumbant upon to share that (for whatever it's worth), and in the process maybe even blaze a trail or make it easier for others to find their way to realizing their fullest human potential, Also the fullness of what it means to be a human being could very well be as extraordinary, as it may be mundane. My belief is that to be fully human, or "just" a human being, is by far more extraordinary than most give credit. Ironically however, it's probably valid to say that accepting ourselves just as we are, even as nothing out of the ordinary, is a good starting point where humility may be defined as knowing one's self as we truly are. That said, there's no need for anyone to be a shrinking violet, or to hide their light under a bushel basket, that's just as foolish as going over the top in trying to be something more than we are at present. There's no need to short change ourselves.
It could also be that there is no such thing as "just" a human being, or a "mere" human being. Being a human being might very well be the greatest opportunity the universe has ever presented a "mere" creature. And we may be more than we THINK we are. If so, that's definitely worth further exploration.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Peace be with you my brother.
These powers you speak of, according to my experience they do exist. Telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, astro projection, prophecy, precognition, self-healing, control of the body, sensing and seeing auras, seeing/experiencing/communicating with paranormal/supernatural entities, discovery through meditation or prayer are just some of the abilities different humans have. Are not these powers a part of human potential? Therefore, does not these powers contribute to being human?

I practice and strengthen my powers because I believe doing so makes me spiritually stronger, just as weight-lifting makes me physically stronger, just as research makes me mentally stronger. I believe to be the best me and have the best human life experience, I must strengthen mind, body, and soul.

On the principle of waiting for a hero, a messiah, a savior.... I believe we as humans should always strive to help ourselves and our fellow humans. All of the religion, all of the philosophy, all of the law, all of the humanitarianism, all of the science..... nothing's given us global collective Peace, Comfort, and Bliss yet. I don't have a solution, so I just project my ideals of goodness in my life and represent them to those I encounter.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What is so wrong with just being Human?

Whats wrong is the zombies outnumber us !

sorry I couldn't resist some Romero commentary

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thank you to those who have added their comments so far. The intention of this thread is not to challenge search for inner peace and clarity. Meditation is good for calming the mind, relieving stress, and finding solutions to the struggles of life. Life isn't easy, and no doubt it has been made more difficult by the constant judging we face in life to measure up to the standards of others. Each and everyone of us is unique in our own way and ALL have much to contribute to this existence.

Some have said in this thread that there are untapped powers within the human mind. I agree with this. There is the human will. The human will is the most powerful force on earth. With it Mankind has reached to the greater depths of the universe, charted every mass of land on the planet, explored the vastness of our oceans deep, and we did not need telekinesis, astral projection, chakra alignment, orgone blasters, aerial hair follicles, levitation, or any other woopty woo to do it. All we needed was sheer will to discover, examine, explore, and reveal.

To those who believe such abilities of the mind exist, what have they done for mankind? What have they done for our advancement? I am genuinely interested in what these "New Age", "metaphysical", abilities have to offer for OUR betterment.

Furthermore, to those who claim to possess such abilities, why not use them to help your fellow man.

How?

Take the Randi Challenge!!!!!

Prove your abilities, claim the prize money, and donate it to the charity of your choice.

Randi Challenge
"To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests"

One million dollars ought to be enough incentive to prove such abilities exist. It could be used for your own personal gain, or for the more benevolent purpose of helping the charity of your choice.

So, who will step up first?

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 7-12-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I wonder if that reference to "New Age" is a poke at me..?

Anyway, I happen to believe that the typing of mere words on a computer screen, can move whole mountains of historical causation. Does this make me crazy? Am I insane to think that people can be moved to recognize the presence of the living God within? Am I crazy to think that atheists can be presuaded with nothing but words, to re-examine their premise that we live purely in a materialist monist WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) matter is primary, reality, and consider instead that consciousness may be the very ground of all being and becoming, while uniting us in one universal self aware field of God-consciousness?

Is it crazy to think that it is becoming increasingly possible for mankind to re-enter the Garden of Eden and walk hand in hand with the spirit of the universe, by recognizing the folly of a dualistic mentality?

Is it crazy for me to believe in the Regeneration of the Human Being through the consumption of certain types of plant substances, and no I don't mean shrooms.

Is it crazy to think that anything or most anything is possible within the quantum realm of all possbility via nothing but the excercise of free will?

There are vast realms of unexplored potential for the human being.

What's wrong with wanting to be extraordinary..? Let's reframe this.

And for the record, that Randi challenge isn't geniune, and will not permit people like Ruppert Sheldrake for example to even make a claim for paranormal activity, like his proof that people know when they are being stared at from behind, or that dogs know when their owners are coming home even when they change their plans.

Most everything we learn, exists previously in the realm of an unknown unknown or what we didn't even know we didn't know.

I've found that JREF's while they call themselves sceptic, have hardened beliefs which preclude the extraordinary, and the realm of what is possible.

Forgive me, but I find a certain style of atheist thinking to be about THE most unhelpful thing there is in terms of man's ultimate quest to "know thyself".

That said, magical thinking isn't helpful either.

But the hardened materialist monist viewpoint it just has to go, and it's no longer even congruent with the findings of modern quantum science, or the latest developments in our understanding of the dynamics of consciousness, and what is at least in theory, possible.

Get out of the way cynics, so that we might get to participate in the coming of a new age, an age of reason and spirit, of something old made new again!

/rant over

edit on 7-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I wonder if that reference to "New Age" is a poke at me..?

Ooops... No my friend, I was not poking at you. I was simply using the common phrase that most of these things fall under. Had I paid more attention to names, I might have worded that last post differently. I apologise for any unintended insult.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Ok, after I made the apology post, I went back to see what the rest of your post was. I do not think we are too far apart philosophically. In fact, we may be much closer than we are apart.

Thanks for sharing your views. Counter points make for a great thread.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow!

Interesting..

Now I owe U and apology!

People never cease to surprise and move us, with the very smallest of gestures.

In what way is that not a miracle..?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ok, after that apology post in kind, and with love,

Um, there was something else, but it just got ripped from my mind...

you see, we all get confused, sometimes!

oh yeah, what I was thinking or the thought that surfaced was that what we work on, in here, in all these threads, is important, and of significance.

And who knows how many people just read along, never post. I do wish more of them would join us in this word palace that is ATS.

Maybe 100,000

That's world changing right there.

Oh and one more thing which came up for me, and that is that we ourselves are the space within out of and through which, the human being flowers in the world. That's another miracle right there.

We are all responsible then, and, at some level, in the fullness and in the depth and breadth of human history..

we all did it.

It was as much my fault as it was yours!

But there's always another chance, another opportunity, so long as we have access to all manner of human interaction, to create, as if from THIN AIR or out of nothing, something, of the most profound significance and farthest reaching proportions imaginable, and it's all here, all within, relative to some sort of Absolute that we cannot begin to fathom in its entirely, but, that we can continually explore in mutuality, and in mutual understanding and brotherly love.

And that's what you just demonstrated, and what I'm now feeding back and mirroring back to you, as your brother, yes!

words..

nothing but words?

or did we just participate in a mircale together, just now, and now and now.

We're IT.

Thou art that.

Me I just like to maintain what I call an indespensible I-Thou relationship, just in case, in case the Absolute Perfection of the Objective Reality, is forever transcendant, as the Tao or I-Tao I guess you could say, within which and through which resides an eternity in mutual loving devotion, between the lover, and the beloved.

So if you love me, as my brother, then there it is.

I love you too bro, very much.

And it will break us all down and dissolve us over time, and then, something else, and the elite lost, and we won, by our power of numbers, and our faith in miracles.

With faith the size of a tiny seed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join