It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man videotapes mysterious object in Georgia sky, officials are baffled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Man videotapes mysterious object in Georgia sky, officials are baffled

www.mysouthwestga.com

A DeKalb County man happened to have a camera rolling when what looks like a fireball floated in the Georgia sky.
Raymond had been playing with his video recorder, and he got out of the apartment in time to capture whatever it was in the sky. It looks like a double-barreled ball of fire falling toward earth.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Video can be seen from here.
www.ajc.com...

Interesting video. It is way too short though. You would think that the guy would keep filming. You can see the object, it looks like it has two flaming trails. Near the end of the video another trail comes into the picture from the right. Too bad the video ends there.

What do you think ATS? More contrails?

www.mysouthwestga.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/7/2010 by Erasurehead because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
looks like a contrail to me

2nd

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

There was a very very similar video posted last year, maybe the year before that, which showed the exact same looking visual phenomena . It turned out to be a regular jet plane contrail, caught at a particular angle in relation to the sun.
I would bet cash money (if I ever had any) on this being exactly the same thing, beautiful and mysterious looking though it may be !

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

There was a very very similar video posted last year, maybe the year before that, which showed the exact same looking visual phenomena . It turned out to be a regular jet plane contrail, caught at a particular angle in relation to the sun.
I would bet cash money (if I ever had any) on this being exactly the same thing, beautiful and mysterious looking though it may be !

This is correct. I read that thread and I think it was Phage (but don't quote me on that) who successfully debunked it. There's also another current thread with the same video.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by TrueBrit

This is correct. I read that thread and I think it was Phage (but don't quote me on that) who successfully debunked it. There's also another current thread with the same video.

Found it:
UFO in sky over Youngstown Ohio.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it wasn't Phage debunking.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
triple post, please delete
edit on 12/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Someone already posted this.

Pretty cool video I must say. Wonder what it was. Meteorite??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's the video from the older thread I mentioned. Same kind of contrail:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
all i see ...plane trails glown up by sundown...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I live near a busy airport, planes over the house all the time and I can honestly say that I've never seen a contrail like either one of those videos. Maybe a meteor? Could be anything, but contrails wasn't my first reaction to the video. Also seems to be falling at a pretty good rate. Yes the sun does play tricks with coloring and whatnot but I'm not convinced it's a contrail. Cool vid though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
I live near a busy airport, planes over the house all the time and I can honestly say that I've never seen a contrail like either one of those videos. Maybe a meteor? Could be anything, but contrails wasn't my first reaction to the video. Also seems to be falling at a pretty good rate. Yes the sun does play tricks with coloring and whatnot but I'm not convinced it's a contrail. Cool vid though.

Although we've been through this with the mysterious missile launch in California (and I'm in the "it wasn't a contrail" camp on that one), I have to remind you that the object isn't "falling", it's flying away from the viewer toward the horizon and the light from the setting sun (or rising sun as the case may be) is creating the illusion of a fiery tail.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's a contrail. So is the plume, lit up the same way, that is so carefully avoided.
So was the "missile" in California, the one in NYC, the one in Newfoundland........
all contrails, lit by the sun that is below the viewer's horizon.
If you want to call it anything other than what is easily explained as a contrail, you have to show something that a contrail and/or cloud cannot do.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
all i see ...plane trails glown up by sundown...

that's exactly what it is. the airspace above atlanta is one of the busiest in the world, and that route at altitude is a major airway for southbound traffic.

It is not a mysterious object.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If "officials" are baffled, then the "officials" are idiots. It's a plane contrail. You can even hear the kid in the video say "why is there another plane flying by it" as another contrail comes in from the right. The father (or whatever) says "no" then the video stops.

The TV News must be really desperate to get viewers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
If "officials" are baffled, then the "officials" are idiots. It's a plane contrail. You can even hear the kid in the video say "why is there another plane flying by it" as another contrail comes in from the right. The father (or whatever) says "no" then the video stops.

Lets see if the plane believers can find a plane number oh and find the planes contrails on a flight track website

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

If "officials" are baffled, then the "officials" are idiots. It's a plane contrail.

Lets see if the plane believers can find a plane number oh and find the planes contrails on a flight track website

Go out this evening at sunset and you can probably get a video of your own "mysterious fireballs." I don't like to generalize and say all people are fools, but... sheesh!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"It must have been a homer Simpson 'cause the pitcher yelled D'OH!"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

The more I watch the video the less I'm inclined to think it's a contrail. But really what difference does it make?lol. And for all the debunkers, if you're all so smart I would love to know what plane it was. I see the plane with no contrail, see the one at the end with a contrail, but it is a curious find. I guess we will never know.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

The "missile" off of Califronia was originally reported as being "fired" from 35 miles out in the ocean. I'm not from the area but are there airports in the ocean? Then complete silence from the gov't for a day, and a blogger solves the puzzle? Could anyone seriously believe this. If all our questions can be answered by bloggers maybe they can solve the worlds issues too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join