It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soldier's Silent Night -- Everyone should see this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I heard this for the first time while driving today.
I just thought I would share it with everyone.
The video is a compilation and the user simply used the song, but its the song I wish to share.

Merry Christmas to all of our Soldier, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This made me sad. My bf is in the Navy and overseas in Europe. I haven't seen him since July and I miss him like crazy but I am lucky in that I get to see him in 10 days. I will get to spend three weeks with him for the holidays and I can't wait. I couldn't imagine how it is for those soldiers who don't get to spend the holidays with their loved ones or family.

If anyone can they should help send care packages to soldiers overseas to show your support. It doesn't matter what country you are from everything is greatly appreciated. I will be sending out some myself this week. I have also decided to "adopt" as they call it a couple soldiers in Iraq who don't have family or anyone sending them things. I chose a male and a female and I know they will appreciate it and I like doing things for others esp those who are risking their lives so I can live the life I have. I respect anyone in the service and thank them for what they do.

Thanks for sharing this

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

My best friend for close to 30 years is currently overseas, as he has been for the better part of the last 12 years.
I will be sending a care package this week for him and his buddies.

I havnt actually seen his face in 4 years, it is tough, I understand.
Thank your boyfriend for me for his service, Anchors Aweigh!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Do you have a link or any other info to "adopt" a soldier for the holidays. We don't have much, but we have family, and if i can share a piece of that, well that's really the least i can do.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fateric
Do you have a link or any other info to "adopt" a soldier for the holidays. We don't have much, but we have family, and if i can share a piece of that, well that's really the least i can do.

there are a few
Take your choice:

Adopt a Soldier

Soldier's Angels

Adopt a Platoon

There are others too, google search adopt a soldier.

top topics

join