It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun Picture Of Planet X ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hi guys. An extremely clear picture of a planetary body with moons sitting next to the Sun has been taken today. It is located at the top left corner of the picture. I do not claim it is Planet X, but I think it might be. Here it is (sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...):

Here's a closer look at the objects in question (the crop circle is irelevant to this thread. It came AS IS on another website):

And here is an even closer look:

So, obviously, this is not an artifact. What do you guys think about it? Looks like the real deal?

EDIT: Hmmm...I feel this may be needed for some:

Reply:
Of course the first picture is a picture of the Sun...Nothing wrong here. What I was pointing out were the odd shapes in the top left corner of the picture. It is a picture of the sun, with something odd in it. As for the second picture, the crop circle is unrelated to this discussion. What is related is the zoomed-in imperfection/odd shapes of the first picture. This is how the picture was posted on another website, not mine. The third one is a deeper zoom, showing only "moon 2". All the three pictures are the same one, only at a different zoom level.

If it's not, what is this ten-mooned planet?
edit on 5-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: Updated

edit on 5-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Your first photo has 2 pics, one that is completely distorted and is a picture of the Sun, and below it looks like some cropped piece of another photo showing nothing at all.

Please post your sources.

ETA: That whole photograph from the NASA website is distorted, it's like one big artifact...

~Keeper
edit on 12/5/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That could be anything. If you look at it a certain way it looks like my oldest cub Simbu.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The earlier photos from the the same Sattelite do not show what I see on those photos linked above it. Which lead me to believe it is indeed an artifact, or a malfunction with the instrument.

In any case, Nibiru doesn't exist, it would be here by now, we'd be able to see it.

Why do people not understand that you can't hide a planet..

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No planets or objects in any photos. The crop circles are just like all the others and your photos really kinda suck.
The last photo looks more like a closeup of a suspect mole than Nibiru. As for the first picture, I'm more afraid it confirms that the Sun is converting to 8-bit and we will all soon have Donkey Kong throwing barrels at us from space.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As I said, I do not believe this to be Planet X. I believe it MIGHT be. I'm not the biggest fan of the theory.

However, I'm really wondering what it might be. Doesn't look like an artifact to me seriously, but I could be wrong.

Please take note it reflects the sun, as we can clearly see in picture 3. So I humbly ask, what is it? It really looks like something physical.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If 'smoking gun' needs a question mark next to it, then it is in fact not a smoking gun.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
GOOD PICS, BRO

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The first pic looks like a picture of the sun that's been played with and some kind of a do hicky of a symbol pasted on to it for some reason. Now gee, why would someone do that? Probably because it IS a picture of the sun and to make it NOT look like they sun they figured they would play with the lighting of the photo and add some pasty pic to it to fool some folks. That pic is the sun without a doubt.

Now the 2nd link is of course a crop circle, not hard to figure that one out.

Now that picture in the third link, to me that looks like someone took a cell phone or webcam and took a picture of their face at a weird angle. Or maybe they took a normal pic and left the weird angle capture out and manipulated the photo with some everyday handy dandy software. I say "Face" because it looks like it's an eye. What do you guys think? Eye? Maybe? No? Sort of? I don't know. It's no planetary 10 though, I know that.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

What are you talking about?

Of course the first picture is a picture of the Sun...Nothing wrong here. What I was pointing out were the odd shapes in the top left corner of the picture. It is a picture of the sun, with something odd in it.

As for the second picture, the crop circle is unrelated to this discussion. What is related is the zoomed-in imperfection/odd shapes of the first picture. This is how the picture was posted on another website, not mine.

The third one is a deeper zoom, showing only "moon 2".

All the three pictures are the same one, only at a different zoom level.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ok, I've updated the original post. I feel I may have been misunderstood.

As for the sources: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by J.Son79

What are you talking about?

Of course the first picture is a picture of the Sun...Nothing wrong here. What I was pointing out were the odd shapes in the top left corner of the picture. It is a picture of the sun, with something odd in it.

As for the second picture, the crop circle is unrelated to this discussion. What is related is the zoomed-in imperfection/odd shapes of the first picture. This is how the picture was posted on another website, not mine.

The third one is a deeper zoom, showing only "moon 2".

All the three pictures are the same one, only at a different zoom level.

I thought you were trying to say one of those was Planet 10. I do apologize sir, my mistake. I should have read your post a bit more carefully.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wow, good find! That really does look like a star/planet with satellites! In the first link guys the bottom picture is a cut out of the top picture which is of the far top left of the sun, not a separate picture. The crop circle I felt was a relevant picture for this post for comparison to the anomaly in the SOHO capture.

I'm still a bit sceptical about Nibiru or whatever you want to call it, but I won't throw it out the window until I know for sure - well in all honesty I'd like to find out that it's real! There is a lot pointing to the existence of this body in our solar system, so confirmation and self visual contact would just top up my appreciation and respect for our ancient ancestors with whatever the hell happened over those epic years!

S & F

Peace ..v,

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I wonder why NASA would even post this picture. The anomalies are very obvious. I zoomed in very close, and what I saw was that the pixelation of the right side of the sun is very very fine, but the pixelation of the image on the top left is confusing. The actual center of the bright spot is finely pixelated, but what appears to be the left/right radiations from it are very chunky and on close inspection appear to cut through the bright center as though it's laid on top. The images that look like stars I'm not sure about, but they again are not finely pixelated, and if you notice the one to the very far left, I find it odd that it even shows up, since no other part of the image bleeds into the black areas. Not sure if that means anything, I'm just sure that I don't think things add up and question again why NASA posted it.
edit on 12/6/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I made screen shots of the zoomed images. If you open them up in browser and use browser to zoom in, you will be able to see what I mean about the bright spot being so finely pixelated, yet what is suppose to appear like left/right radiations are not.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Why do people not understand that you can't hide a planet..

~Keeper

Because they keep getting their astronomy information from fellow like-thinking members of ATS?

I'd love to see the people who continually use the pictures from SOHO and STEREO without learning what they are looking at take their stories to BAUT forums. They are brutal.

To the OP, how can miss the fact that the data stream of that picture is seriously messed up, it is not good for looking at anything much less a small portion on the edge of the picture?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Yeah, because Planet X has slipped by all detection and put itself right next to the sun.

Oh yeah, and you can totally see the orbit paths of planets in infrared pictures...

Bro...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Hmmm okay. So what do you think it is? An artifact? That's clearly a planetary body. Not claiming it's actually Planet X, but it's definitely there.

I know it's improbable such a Planet X exists, but this picture makes me wonder.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is the original SOHO EIT 284 data from 2010-12-06, 01:06 and 13:06 (as purportedly shown here.

Also, as should be standard procedure when considering claims of mysterious objects in SOHO or STEREO photography, it is prudent to examine data from other cameras during a similar time frame. Here is data from camera EIT 304 at 01:19 on the same date.

And here is data from camera EIT 195 at 01:13 on the same date.

LASCO C2, 01:25...

LASCO C3, 01:30...

Of course, we might also ask the standard Planet X / Nibiru questions:

* How does a planet hide from astronomers and comet hunters all over the world?

* Why does a planet so close to us exhibit no detectable gravitational influence on the orbits of other Solar System bodies?

* Why are Planet X / Nibiru proponents unable to supply any specific, verfiable orbital data regarding their alleged object?

And so on.

In a more general sense, it's somewhat ridiculous to think that a 512*512px image enlarged to near-pixel resolution can provide us with any meaningful data whatsoever. Coupled with the fact that the EIT 284 image dated 2010-12-06, 01:06 is obviously corrupt, and the notable lack of similar features in other photos from roughly the same time, I think we can conclude that this data is the antithesis of "smoking gun."

FWIW, the object in the top-left of that terrible EIT 284 image is probably Mars or Mercury, given the positions of those planets on December 6. Or it could just be a hot pixel that represents nothing. EIT backgrounds are usually dark. The dots are digital garbage, not moons. For that matter, more than 50% of that image is garbage. Take any similarly screwed up photo, play with the brightness and contrast, and I'm sure you'll be able to produce no shortage of curiosities.
edit on 12-12-2010 by UndeadDinosaur because: typo

new topics

top topics

join