It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud of My Anglo-Saxon Heritage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

I listened to Saxon while you were in diapers. Wait I don't really know how old you are, so how old are you?

Saxon would never have got to Metallica's attention by the time they exploded. On the other hand Saxon's later albums could have EASILY been influenced by Metallica.

Just admit it, Metallica is the best band ever.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Can we please have a civil discussion?

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Sure, there is no way to prove that Metallica ever ripped off anyone. Much less a band that not too many people ever heard of. If Saxon EVER thought they were ripped off, don't you think THEY would have said something?????

I don't agree with my post being edited just for the record.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

You're arguing with me about Metallica. That's not the point of the thread. It's cool if you're the biggest fan ever, good for you. Just stop posting off topic rants about Metallica being flawless.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That's fine, I will stick to the topic, but if you go back through the thread you started this saying how good Saxon is and how Metallica ripped them off.

Until everyone gets over being proud of any heritage other than human heritage there will be all kinds of racism. Racism doesn't have to be a violent act, it just is (IMHO) the thought of being above other races. In ANY kind of way

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

First off, I was just responding to another user who said he liked Saxon as well. Now I see why you are getting so angry. You don't agree with me being "proud" of my heritage. Why? I'm not racist. Did I come across that way? What if the post was called "proud of my Ethiopian heritage" and I posted some music from Ethiopia? Would I be racist then? You're basically just confirming the point of the thread- that there's a double standard. White people can't be proud of their heritage while others can. Thanks for finally getting on topic by the way.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, there is not White pride day, like many other races, genders (gay pride) but until those days go away there will be racism. The reason for these days, celebrations is because those groups don't feel they are recognized in this society. I'm not saying they are or are not. White males are perceived to dominate this society so why do white males have to shout out about being proud.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

The problem I think is that "white males" are all lumped together under the same umbrella of "white males" where in fact they usually have different heritages and are from different regions of Europe.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The real problem is when people start putting anyone under any umbrella. I still have no idea what you're so "proud" of but... okay...
edit on 8-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Were not Leif Ericson a norwegian?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

It's more like I'm celebrating the original explorers of the Americas. The real discoverers never get proper credit, and our public schools teach kids that Christopher Columbus was the first, which is a lie.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

True, but Madoc was Welsh, and that predates Ericson. But yeah you basically just found an error in the thread, thanks for correcting me on that one.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Agree, but the American Indian is screwed more than anyone for credit they deserve. They developed parts of the civilization we have today.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I have a deep respect for Native American culture. My parents say that I'm actually part Native American, though it's not nearly enough of a % to join the Native American Church. I read Black Elk Speaks and know about the sad history of it all. I've concluded that Christianity is to blame since the King Philip's War was fought over converting people to Christianity.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Interesting. My ancestors were in the Lenai Lenape tribe of the north east. It would be nice to see the American Indian get the same respect and apologetic demeanor as African Americans do for slavery. What was done to both was awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join