It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicaid patients' presciption drugs going to dealers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Ethel Johnson couldn't get her prescription for pain medication filled fast enough. The 60-year-old Buffalo woman was hurting — but investigators say that wasn't the reason for the rush. According to secretly recorded telephone conversations, the sooner Johnson could pick up her pills, the more quickly she could sell them to her dealer. Her pain pills were destined for the street. Johnson is among 33 people charged so far in a large-scale investigation that has opened a window into an emerging class of suppliers in the illicit drug trade: medical patients, including many who rely on the publicly funded Medicaid program to pay for their appointments and prescriptions. She has pleaded not guilty.

Article

Amazing how some people know how to play the system isn't it? While it comes as no surprise to me considering I have heard about this many times before still makes one shake their head none the less. I guess people will survive how ever they can in these times we live in. We got a guy right down the street that sells his pain pills wonder why he was never busted, maybe he was working for the police? And the only reason I know this is that him and his old lady got into an argument one summer night about it, yelling it at 2:00am then the cops show up and nada.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I sold my oxycotens when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Bought me groceries for 2 months.

It wouldn't happen if the money in this country was capable of circulating.

The funny part is that the people that buy it are usually upper-class teenagers that want to throw a "Pharm Party" because life as a brat is tres dull~.

It's how capitalism "works".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with this if she bought the pills with her own money.

Well who cares really, our taxes go directly to pay the interest of the federal deficit so.......
Being serious too, not sarcasm
edit on 12/6/2010 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Thanks for the input..

new topics

top topics

join