It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big brother takes it to the next level: Introducing the Backscatter Van

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You saw these terrible machines on V for Vendetta.

You now see these machines in real life.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nice , Glad to know . No more hookers in the car. =*(

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Couldn't you just put something solid infront of the IED or whatever, and it wouldn't be able to detect it? That's what it seems like to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My wife works for some private government contractors and is currently driving this type of van. Drives it home everyday. Hid the Christmas gifts in the car this year like every year, and heck, she sees what they are. Stupid van.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's impossible to escape Big Brother. He is probably watching me type this. He just saw me blink. O noes!

But seriously, over the past few months I keep hearing myself say "How is this legal?"

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Very low levels of radiation" Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I was a CT/MRI engineer for GE Healthcare. I can tell you with authority that X-rays are bad, even when administered in "low levels". But, TPTB don't care any more for the operators of the equipment than they do for the rest of the populace. This is about government contracts ($$$), control and desensitization of the public. It has nothing whatsoever to do with safety or security.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The most effective screening vehicle on the market today?
Apparently there is a market for these? and other kinds?

Awesome. you get irradiated while your rights are violated. They must looove that.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Imagine the big bucks that will be rolling in for the pharma business once everyone starts to get cancer from being bombarded with x-rays from these trucks and at airports.

Yeah, can't you plate your car with something that will not let the xrays through? Or would a sheet of lead be impractical.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Apparently there is a market for these? and other kinds?

The person that originally showed me this link said that the gov. has already invested big bucks into these vans but I don't have an official source confirming that. It's not even doubtful though.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide.

The furture is now, and it looks bleak as hell.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My thought is, I hope there is a way for a private citizen to get one of these things or a handheld version of it. I will buy one and use it on TPTB or anyone in authority and see how they like being snooped on not to mention the "low" levels of x-ray.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryker Ops
My thought is, I hope there is a way for a private citizen to get one of these things or a handheld version of it. I will buy one and use it on TPTB or anyone in authority and see how they like being snooped on not to mention the "low" levels of x-ray.

Good idea, if I had the bux to do it I would have 7 parked outside any police station that uses these and "monitor" them. AKA Radiating
edit on 5-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Most of the images from the backscatter scanner in the video showed nothing at all, at least nothing unusual. I guess we're all going to get cancer from the radiation and die a slow and painful death, but before we die big pharma will step in and profit from it by selling us post radiation pills.

new topics

top topics

join