It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A time travel fund!! is this conected with the charlie chaplin footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi, i have willingly put this in the gray area, because i dont consider this a `groundbreaking important news` and just on the offchance some user discussed it on here five years ago, so before i get hammered its in the gray area now calm down.

Now i saw this site about 06 for the first time, i thought meh its got to be a laugh/a joke

www.timetravelfund.com...

ill just provide a snippet of it so you get the point..

Q: How does this work?
A: Current scientific theory states that Time Travel may be possible, however the technology is a long way off, perhaps hundreds of years in the future. Now, assume it does become possible in say, 500 years. As with any technology, Time Travel will get less expensive as time goes on. Just as the price of a VCR has dropped to less than $70 from the several hundred dollars it cost just ten years ago, Time Travel, once it becomes feasible, will initially be very expensive yet it will become more and more economical as time goes by.

Q: How does this help me?
A: The concept is that one day, it may be possible for people living far in the future to retrieve you from your current frame of reference (their past - your present) and bring you into the future (their present - your future.)

Q: Why would they want to?
A: That is the purpose of the fund. The simple answer is, we pay them to bring you into the future.

----------------

anyway it truly is the craziest website ever, its legitamate and been around i think for many many years, i just want to know what you think of it

ps i updated the title because ive had a humorous thought about how maybe that is how we have the whole charlie chaplin timetraveler footage

edit on 4-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Huh...Guess it's not much difference than the folks that put themselves into cryogenic chambers. I'll have to take time to check out the site and see what the costs are. Funny, but at the same time, oddly interesting cocept.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

$10.00 bucks...heck, almost worth having the certificate as a conversation piece...lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
so the question is:

would you go for it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Must be one of the best scams ever. Absolutely no way to cry "foul" because the investor will be dead and in no position to complain. Also they'll never run out of time as any complaint can be met with "we'll do it next year/decade/century.

Also they get to look cool and possibly ironic which helps them sell stuff. Great marketing ploy. You should get a free ride just for linking to them.

Is it possible? Probably, who knows. Is it likely anyone from the future would actually want to bring you back? Depends who you are I guess but it would certainly mess with the time-line if it were possible.

My vote's for inspired marketing for the jaded general public with more money than sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
how does this make any sense

Q: Only ten dollars? How is that going to get me a ride into the future?
A: Compound interest. As long as the interest earned out paces inflation and taxes, the money will eventually build to where the costs of retrieving, rejuvenating and supporting you are fully covered.
For example, if you make a one-time only deposit of just a single dollar, at only 5% interest compounded yearly, in five hundred years that single dollar will grow to $39,323,261,827.22 (That's 39 BILLION with a "B" dollars!) Please note that we hope to earn 5% interest above taxes and inflation, which is very possible, even in today's economy (Tax lien certificates, for example, return 16% or better.) If we make 5% above taxes and inflation, then it would be like having $39 billion in today's money.

hello? any mathematicians here
edit on 4-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

Yea best scam ever. Good luck trying to claim compensation or reimbursement if they renege on the deal...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Yea best scam ever. Good luck trying to claim compensation or reimbursement if they renege on the deal...

can you make any head or tail out of my above post and how he works out those investment percentages!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It make me remember the show called, "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." Ted said, "Remember the trash can" and the trash can did come. I think it's method is cheaper than the site that you provided.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

that is, if we are even using money in the future. My hope, is that we go back to Nature, and not rely on paper/credit based economy.

With that said, I might consider investing anyways, just for the certificate, or a Time Traveler card or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Would I do it...ten bucks for a funny conversation piece and no expectations...just maybe...lol. I almost feel like it's worthwhile for the efoort the guy put into it, I mean, pretty good idea to make a buck, ya gotta give him that!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

that is, if we are even using money in the future. My hope, is that we go back to Nature, and not rely on paper/credit based economy.

With that said, I might consider investing anyways, just for the certificate, or a Time Traveler card or something.

omg just had a thought..
maybe the charlie chaplin time traveller used the fund

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Their maths is right, assuming the 500 year time frame. However, if we discover it in only 100 years, the dollar of today will only be worth $131.50. Possibly the craziest/best scam idea ever, anyway

edit on 4-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The current theory of time travel is that you can only travel back as far as it's creation date. So if it's invented after you die they can't come back for you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I actually calculated just under 200 billion. The question is, would that actually be worth anything in 500 years? (aside from the whole "is transporting a large amount matter into the past even possible" thing)

Also, this reminds me of and Idea I had as a kid growing up. To get all the governments/private corporations to agree that if time travel is ever discovered, to come back at a certain time near our present. Apparently, this has essentially been done many times (probably not on the level of global cooperation) without success.

web.mit.edu...

ones like this ^^^ I'm know there are others out there too

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I saw your thread post before you edited in the Charlie Chaplin non-sequitor....

Ummmmm.....it's been determined that there WAS NO "time traveler" in that film clip....there is a thread about it here on ATS, BTW.

(It was a hearing aid device....).

But, the idea of the "lay-away plan" for the time machine purchase? Worked out really well, for me. I'm here, in YOUR time period, typing on this antique so-called "computer", aren't I??

And, I was able to aford the deluxe model....:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eff31b3c233.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I flew over all this entrys here, and I can tell you, out of the blue, if there would be a way to travel through time, and I know there is on another plane, but if it would manifest here, most of the people wouldn't be conciouss enough to go to the past. They would try to comfort only themselves by manipulating the way it was intended to be. And this already happened, I believe.
Look, we're nearly standing still for almost hundred years. No Movement and the people start to get apathic. As we know from the Mayan's apathy is only one step higher on the emotion chart then death, so everyone should recognize, that we' re on our way to die. The only way to actually create a future, is to manifest things, that light the fire of hope. Hope is what creates time and time will paint a picture of this future right to your mind, so you can see where you're heading. It is that conciousness of time and you interacting with it, that would actually manifest time travel, I think.
But the bottom line is, if anyone would invent a working time mashine to really transport humans into the past, we must stop anyone from using it, better would be if we would destroy it, as our past was intended to be like this, so we would learn, why it is nessesary to care for everything that lives, cause everything is a part of creation and everything had a right to exist, as it existed, just because it existed. Time Travel - nice idea, but I think the dumbness of the people would turn around the intentions of the invention.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
(It was a hearing aid device....)

Those of us who did our own research into the Charlie Chaplin video found that the individual was not holding anything. It was a man dressed as a woman using his hand to cover his face. In the last few frames, he closes his hand and starts messing with his hair/hat. There was nothing in his hand at all. No phone, no hearing aid.

Real researchers like to be meticulous about those kinds of details.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by weedwhacker
(It was a hearing aid device....)

Those of us who did our own research into the Charlie Chaplin video found that the individual was not holding anything. It was a man dressed as a woman using his hand to cover his face. In the last few frames, he closes his hand and starts messing with his hair/hat. There was nothing in his hand at all. No phone, no hearing aid.

Real researchers like to be meticulous about those kinds of details.

i know
but this wasnt a charlie chaplinthread.. i only added that in as a light humoured addition to add to the absurdity of the time travel fund

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That looks like the upgrade to the 1964 mercury model.
At least the cost of replacement parts is coming down.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d7aacf4adcc.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join