It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University pulls diversity award named after Helen Thomas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

University pulls diversity award named after Helen Thomas

www.suntimes.com

DETROIT -- Wayne State University is yanking an award named for journalist Helen Thomas, citing remarks she made criticizing Israel during a conference in Dearborn.

In a brief statement e-mailed to reporters Friday, the university said it "strongly condemns the anti-Semitic remarks made by Helen Thomas."

Thomas, 90, a longtime White House correspondent who grew up in Detroit as the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, was in Dearborn on Thursday for a workshop on anti-Arab bias.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Umm, maybe I'm missing something here, but did Helen Thomas actually SAY anything anti-Semitic, or was she merely pointing out what anybody who does 10 minutes of research can quickly figure out---ZIONIST infiltration and control of much of society, gov, and media?

Does pointing a finger at ZIONISM now fall into the taboo, no-no from the thought police?

Apparently so!---Enough so that she is getting blackballed and 'punished' through quite a few mediums, including this university now...

Aren't all these reactions and punishments sort of proving her point?

lol

www.suntimes.com

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Anti-Semitic ?

She was going on about ''Zionists'', not Jews.

While I'm aware that a lot of anti-Semites may cower behind the term ''Zionism'' to justify a hatred of Jews, the term ''Zionist'' has a specific meaning that is not synonymous with ''Jew''.

Why do some people of all races, ethnicities and religions, get so touchy about things like this ?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

At the conference, Thomas said she stands by controversial comments about Israel that led to her resignation as a correspondent earlier this year. She also sparked additional controversy with new comments. "Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street are owned by the Zionists. No question, in my opinion," she said. "They put their money where their mouth is. . . . We're being pushed into a wrong direction in every way."

All she did is point out Israeli crimes, and her disagreements with it. Not all Jews are Zionists and exposing Zionism is not anti-semitism.

My heart goes out to this brave woman. She knows her career is over and is making sure her voice is heard while it still can.

How dare she point out Zionism and the suffering it causes people!!

The world needs more brave people like her to speak out in the world of journalism.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

"Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres, saying "don't worry about American pressure, we the Jewish people control America."

So what exactly did she say that Israel hasn't said itself?

I am very much concerned over the fact that the Jewish influence here is completely dominating the scene and making it almost impossible to get congress to do anything they don't approve of. The Israeli embassy is practically dictating to the congress through influential Jewish people in the country"

-----Sec. of State John Foster Dulles quoted on p.99 of Fallen Pillars by Donald Neff

And some in the US are worried about it..
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

lol,
funny but I don't know what burning his chest hair is meant to mean

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Is this an episode of Punk'd?
And why burn his chest when he could
burn his flag?
Just what is this individual demonstrating?
I'm sure the people he is denigrating are
LTAO as he burns his chest.
Theres GOTTA be a better way...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You know, i think the consequences that people face after claiming about the stranglehold that the Israeli lobby holds over the Media, Holywood or banking system, is proof in itself.
People get fired, unfairly called ant-semites, which trashes their reputations and careers.

I guess that by just making this observation and statement makes me anti-semitic as well?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Poor Helen. She should have known better, but I guess her age is getting to her mind. Honesty and diversity are compatible these days.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Umm, maybe I'm missing something here, but did Helen Thomas actually SAY anything anti-Semitic, or was she merely pointing out what anybody who does 10 minutes of research can quickly figure out---ZIONIST infiltration and control of much of society, gov, and media?

Does pointing a finger at ZIONISM now fall into the taboo, no-no from the thought police?

Apparently so!---Enough so that she is getting blackballed and 'punished' through quite a few mediums, including this university now...

lol

www.suntimes.com

Lemme put it like this: I work in hollywood. Over the last year or so, I've been posting a lot of things on my FB page that were in support of the palestinians. nothing anti-semitic, nothing nasty, but just truthful stuff about what goes on over there. I was called an angry, hateful bigot by a jewish man on my page. this man and I happened to be represented by the same voiceover agent at the time. A fair number of the agents and staff are jewish at this agency. About 2 months after this incident, this agency dropped me as a client after an almost 8-year relationship. I worked steady 7 out of those 8 years(which is a phenomenal record considering the level of competition). It was not a coincidence. anyone who's spent 5 minutes getting actual work in hollywood will tell ya, jewish people run the town. if you piss one off, they will get you. same in washington. same in the media. Helen Thomas is dead-on correct. shame to see her damaged for telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

lol

www.suntimes.com

Lemme put it like this: I work in hollywood. Over the last year or so, I've been posting a lot of things on my FB page that were in support of the palestinians. nothing anti-semitic, nothing nasty, but just truthful stuff about what goes on over there. I was called an angry, hateful bigot by a jewish man on my page. this man and I happened to be represented by the same voiceover agent at the time. A fair number of the agents and staff are jewish at this agency. About 2 months after this incident, this agency dropped me as a client after an almost 8-year relationship. I worked steady 7 out of those 8 years(which is a phenomenal record considering the level of competition). It was not a coincidence. anyone who's spent 5 minutes getting actual work in hollywood will tell ya, jewish people run the town. if you piss one off, they will get you. same in washington. same in the media. Helen Thomas is dead-on correct. shame to see her damaged for telling the truth.

I think this article written by Joel Stein will back up everything you're saying. I visited hollywood once, isn't there a part where everything is Hebrew? I remember driving and not being able to read anything on any buildings it was wierd. lol. Definitely wasn't chinatown.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

lol

www.suntimes.com

I think this article written by Joel Stein will back up everything you're saying. I visited hollywood once, isn't there a part where everything is Hebrew? I remember driving and not being able to read anything on any buildings it was wierd. lol. Definitely wasn't chinatown.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Poor Helen. She should have known better, but I guess her age is getting to her mind. Honesty and diversity are compatible these days.

Meant to type "incompatible." Age is getting to me too.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

lol

www.suntimes.com

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

lol

www.suntimes.com

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why is there an award for "diversity"?

Congratulations, you talked to a black person and a jew, you must embrace diversity!!!! Have an award!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

lol

www.suntimes.com

I heard her say in an interview that you can criticize the POTUS, say what you like about him, but you can't criticize Israel. Criticizing Zionism, it seems, is deemed the same as criticizing Israel/Jews.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Weakest.
Video.
Ever.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh man!! I have to admit that burning patriot dude was funny. I for one would never burn myself but I agree with his message. If i were allowed to retype his words on here in this post I would

top topics

join