It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must READ! You are NOT going to belive this!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I had no plans to go into the office on Thursday, but 1 of my customers in the morning gave me a funky part to source, so I headed in and discussed it with one of my internal sales guys. When we were finished with the "work" we shot the shi*t and ripped on each other as we always do - good fun!

I hear a "Howzit" behind me (Shawn knows I'm a SA'ffer - so we greet each other that way), and I stroll into his office and shoot the crap with him too. . . . Now THIS is when it becomes interesting. Out of the blue, he starts telling me about his son's school teacher. He tells me she is from South Africa, (he thinks fresh off the boat) Very strict and the kids don't like her because of this.

I was asked if all school teachers in SA were like that, and I told him that is not the case - it's individual personality. Then he mentions her name to me - a MS K***.
I'm thinking, no F'ing way - but I'll take a stab at it....

So I start asking questions / describing her etc etc. And I can see the guy's face going from intrigued to a WTF expression. I finish off with the coupe de grace question - "Does she have a mole on her face" - The answer was a yes - a very weird looking yes.....

"Do you know her?" he asked .... "Shawn, not only do I know her, she taught me history in high school in South Africa in 1990!!"

Well well well, that just blew his socks off!! His Dad, who owns the company, was there and had a chat with me about an hour later - asking if it was true. "Hell yes it is!" I told him. So when I got home I posted on FB, and my mates were dumbfounded.

I asked Shawn "What the hell ever made you mention this to me?". He said when I was talking to Nick, he heard my SA way of talking, and it reminded him of this woman, so that's why he started telling me about her

Now, think of all the variables involved here! There are soooooo many to list, if you'd like I'd post them all.... but I don't want to bore everyone.

The chances of this happening, is astronomical to say the least. I have a better chance of winning the lottery!!

It made my week!
I hope my feel good encounter will lift your spirits, after hearing all the Doom & Gloom here on ATS!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

And???

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow, small world eh?

Funny thing is, some people would pick meeting their teacher again from the 90's over the lottery. Consider yourself lucky

Truly amazing though. The chances, if critically thought out, are VERY slim!

Make sure to visit her

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous73

6 degrees of separation...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Coincidences do happen and this is definitely one of the happy ones.

Didn't some guy do experiments that showed that all people are separated by a factor of 7 or so.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Hey TortoiseKweek!

I had a similar experience a number of years ago, though mine didn't involve moles, or multiple continents!

But I definitely know what it feels like when this kind of thing happens! Exhilarating and exciting, isn't it? Makes one feel as though fate were close by... as if you could almost spin 'round quickly and catch a glimpse of a Muse or an Angel! It's a very, very potent and powerful experience! Or at least it was for me.

It left me feeling very positive - confident - like it was a sign that destiny had come around to give me a shot at fixing a few things... You know?

I wonder if this has left you with these feelings of wonderment and excitement? Do you feel as though something like a positive omen has occurred? Do you feel optimistic and re-energized?

If so.... Man do I envy you!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Yes, 6 Deg of separation is one thing, this however is way beyond that. Just think that firstly I had no intent of going in to the office on Thursday..... and then all the following things happening. I must also add, that Shawn has Chrone's and had most of his intestines removed about 6 months ago - he is hardley EVER at the office.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, let me tell you I am blown away by this, still in shock, and very uplifted by the whole experience!
My buddies on FB can not believe it. I just got a call from a friend here in Canada who was also a pupil. Ms K was a strict B*tch to say the least, but never did a pupil fail.

I am Very close to Shawn and Todd - the owner's sons - I have always had an affection to them, and them to me. Another variable is this: I was in Canada for 3 weeks, landed a job with a company, and 4 months later, we were acquired by the these guys
The list just goes on.
edit on 4-12-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Shawn is going to get her info for me. I will call her, and arrange a meeting. Also take photos, and e-mail to my fiends on FB and all those who are in other parts of the world!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Wow, .. the odds of that are pretty incredible.

Maybe you have some unfinished business with her, .... if you know what I mean.

.... You should at least go to the school and have a chat.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A MUST READ? Wow, the thread titles are going off the richter scale in terms of sensationalism these days.

second

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It is a must read - when have you ever heard of such a thing? My thread title isn't for sensationalism, it's to get people's attention to read a wonderful story. I wasn't declaring "I'm an Alien" or any of that crap!! This is a true event, something that makes life living for.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I got a message on FB now. Turns out she taught my buddies Mom at the same school in the 70's
He and I were together at the same school and are still best mates!

Man, this just keeps getting more interesting!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What will be truely insane is, if you meet her & she hasnt changed one bit, not a wrinkle, still the same as the day you last saw her. Perhaps she is one of the new breed of time travellers
edit on 4-12-2010 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
What will be truely insane is, if you meet her & she hasnt changed one bit, not a wrinkle, still the same as the day you last saw her. Perhaps she is one of the new breed of time travellers
edit on 4-12-2010 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

You know what, she always looked way older than what she was. We thought she was in her 60's in my day, but she was in her late 40's. Apparently she does look the same now!
I can't wait to meet her

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous73

And???

"And" What? Just what exactly are you asking for here!
I'm flaming because some one here on ATS who obviously has less brains than you, actually "starred" your post.

First of all, you didn't contribute to this thread AT ALL!

Secondly (and Ironic) - You don't post 1 liners on ATS!

If you have anything to comment about my thread, say it. Stupid posts like you have posted waste cyberspace that nobody is interested in (except the moron who starred it)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Maybe you need to have a kid with her that will one day save the planet from aliens... or skynet.

Lol

Seriously I love your story... What are the odds ?

Now go talk to her and lets hope she isn't bad karma that came back to haunt you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Maybe you need to have a kid with her that will one day save the planet from aliens... or skynet.

Lol

Seriously I love your story... What are the odds ?

Now go talk to her and lets hope she isn't bad karma that came back to haunt you.

No buddy,

She aint bad Karma. 1 Strict Biyaatch of a teacher, but a good 1!
I'm looking forward to meeting her. In some ways, she moulded me into the person I am today. For that, I am grateful

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hey Sinter,

You know what's weird - She's Jewish, I'm Lebanese and there was never any crap between us - Just respect!
And all my family in SA have many Jewish friends.... We all get along, we're best mates. We often ask "Why is this happening in the ME, when WE CAN get along?"

So all that crap about Jews and Arabs - I don't believe it. FFS - my boss is Jewish, and I Love those guys!

It's time we all put this bickering behind us, and live in peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Great story, and a star and flag to you! I had a similar experience back in 1990. One of the conservation areas I looked after in Southern Ontario had miles of trails that in winter were groomed for cross country skiing, and one morning when I was about to head out on the snowmobile, two senior gentlemen approached and started asking questions regarding trail conditions. First thing I noticed was their strong accents, and being from Scotland myself, I had questions of my own to ask them. In 1965 at the age of 14 years, I had emigrated along with my parents and 4 siblings to Canada, and had never returned for a visit. After exchanging and answering questions for about 10 minutes, one of the gentleman (Ian) and myself realized I was the kid he and his cousin used to try to catch whenever they spied me poaching trout. They were the gamekeepers in what was my favourite area for fishing and for catching rabbits with my ferret when I was around 11 or 12 years old. Now here we were some 28 years later with me also having chosen a career in the outdoors, albeit some 3,000 miles away and in another country. He then placed a hand on my shoulder and said he couldn't wait to write his cousin and let him know he finally caught me! The following Spring I took Ian and his buddy to a favourite trout spot, where Ian had his friend take some photos that included one of myself holding a couple of nice trout on a stringer in one hand, and my fishing license in the other, copies of which he sent to his cousin. It sure can be a small world at times!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join