It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are accelerating themselves towards an Ice Age.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Europe and England are suffering with the coldest winters in 1000 years, temperatures are dropping to minus 33 degrees, many scientists are believing this is due to the slow down of the Gulf Stream which regulates the weather patterns over Europe and U.K.

Scientists believe that the cooling of Europe due to the fact that the velocity of the Gulf Stream waters halved compared to what it was several years ago. Thus, it is unable to compensate for the cold, which brings air masses from the Arctic. Read more: scienceray.com...

Source

Scientists are speculating the BP oil disaster may have caused the gulf stream to slow down and may have ultimately stopped it. But the fact is nobody knows clearly what is causing this slow down in the gulf stream, latest info suggests that the gulf stream velocity has halved of it used to be and some also says it has decreased by over 80%.

Drunvalo Melchizedek has a explanation for the slowing down of gulf stream, he says we are in the last stages of warm period and what will follow this will be an Ice Age, he suggests that the minerals in the earth soil are finite and are running out, which in turn is weakening the immune system of the trees and hence they are dying. He says every acre of trees holds approximately 50000 tonnes of carbon dioxide, which is released when they die into the atmosphere. The gases causes greenhouse effect which heats up the oceans, leading to formation of ice at the poles, but the ice melts quickly due to the heat in the atmosphere.

He says the motor driving the ocean currents is not heat but salt and the fresh water from the ice melting at the poles causes the salt density to drop which causes the currents to slow down. He says all the other currents are also slowing down. Watch these two amazing videos, he states here that Europe will experience such weather and it is becoming true.

He says this will happen even if humans were not even on earth, humans are only accelerating the ice age to come soon. What are your thoughts, is this the beginning of doom on humanity.

edit on 4-12-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
would adding salt to the melting water at the poles help?

doesnt seem like it would be impossible

they could spray it from airplanes useing existing technology
edit on 4-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Al Gore Knows about this but he won't do anything because he doesn't care if a hundred thousand people gets buried under the pile of snow.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
Europe and England are suffering with the coldest winters in 1000 years, temperatures are dropping to minus 33 degrees, many scientists are believing this is due to the slow down of the Gulf Stream which regulates the weather patterns over Europe and U.K.

Just to correct a problem here. England - or rather the "British Isles" of which England is a part - is not suffering the "coldest winter in 1000 years" because...

At this moment (4th December) it is not Winter. In the British Isles is still in the Autumn season, as it is across the rest of Europe. Winter starts later in December. According to the UK Met Office the November chill may well be the coldest since 1993. That's not 1,000 years. In fact, the UK Met Office have an explanation and it's got sod all to do with the Gulf Stream.

I would just love to to know what qualifications these unnamed scientists cited in the article. I woiuld like to see their original report (if there is one).

Met Office explains the cold weather in November 2010

Panic over

Regards

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

I am normaly a lurker but this is interesting.
I agree with you that possibly Europe and Britan will have a very harsh winter due to the reasons you covered. The gulf stream is not as strong as it was before the oil spill. I have seen a few scientists talking about the slow down of the gulf stream this summer when the spill was happening. They.. 3 months or so ago warned that the winter for Europe and Britan will be very harsh due to the warm water slow down going up north in the Atlantic.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not saying I am convinced this is anything unusual, but we did see proof of a major disruption in the trade winds that move from the Pacific, across NA and on over to Northern Europe, in a recent thread here. We have known that these winds are important to Europe for a long time. They move warm air into Northern Europe which moderates it's winters.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
** Apology warning ** If you dont want the truth, skip over this reply.

Global warming was another corporate pyramid scam.

People lived underground in prior epochs.

Cappadocia

During the quickening the PTB are frantic to retain control of the current version as it rolls into the next iteration of human life on this rock.

The earth is the heart of the solar system. We are the micro of that macro. Our hearts are cold as a people.

This should not surprise anyone.

Life takes care and feeding and that stopped in the West in the 40's with the advent of TV and mind control in every home.

The average person is bred to consume from the machine that man made to place himself on God's throne.

The solution is become the Phoenix after creating the fire that produces the ashes.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Thanks for posting, It was my mistake i didn't wanted to put England there but now i can't change it. I am not from any of those countries namely United Kingdom, England, Great Britain, and the British Isles so i was little confused.

'When people say England, they sometimes mean Great Britain, sometimes the United Kingdom, sometimes the British Isles - but never England.'

Source

I meant the United Kingdom there but it is not facing the coldest winter in 1000 years, so i am wrong again, i apologize for this, but in January 2010 it faced coldest winter in 30 years.
Link: U.K. faces coldest winters in 30 years.
And this December 3 2010 met office article is alerting people of widespread snow.
Link Met Office uk

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

You do know this entire OP is based on hoaxes? D.M. is full of baloney plain and simple.

The Gulf Stream is not slowing down. That false claim was made in a fake paper based on research from a nonexistent Italian researcher. The paper made all sorts of claims that were false and the justification was a fake person.

The weather forecast for Europe is for a mild winter, not a cold winter.

You've been taken in by some well written hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost in america

No scientists have been discussing a slow down in the Gulf Stream. That's a hoax. The silliest notion is that the blow out in the Gulf is affecting the Gulf Stream. The volume of oil relative to the volume of the Gulf Stream is minuscule. The amount of oil that left the Gulf was small.

This is one absurdity piled on top of another absurdity.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Thanks that is just great info i wonder how they made these underground cities without the use of advanced technologies. What quickening are you talking about, is humanity and earth are evolving in to something i am eager to know more.
That global warming thing is a big scam, in my view the climate change is a natural cycle.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Wow I am glad to know you know everything!! I will check with you (before) everytime I post!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just got this from stewart swerdlow website, i believe in him a lot:

As the Gulf dies, so does its stream to warm Europe and the Eastern US. It affects the entire planet. Add La Nina in the Pacific, increased volcanic activity and lack of sunspots, and you have a major planetary cooling in process. By 2014, we should be in a major Ice Age. Already, a good chunk of the Northern Hemisphere is covered in ice and snow very early in the season. Get your shovels, plows and generators ready!

He is saying oil disaster is one of the reason behind the gulf stream slow down and by 2014 earth will be in an ice age, and he says this is only the beginning.
Scroll Down on the link below:
Expansions.com

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost in america

Did you know that the claim about the Gulf Stream was a hoax? I had to check it out. I saw that the claims were based on a single Italian researcher. I checked for the person. Not listed by the indicated institution. I checked publications. The name did not turn up as an author. The person is not a researcher associated with the institution named in all of the online blogs, forums, and whatever. The basis of the story is a fake person.

You can check yourself on these issues. If one person is making an unusual claim not mentioned by potentially thousands of other researchers, then verify that the person exists. Verify that they have published. Find out what else they are publishing. These are things you can do.

I've run into a number of instances where the hoaxes could be detected by finding out that the person was a fake. Sometimes the hoaxes are perpetrated by using real names, but faking the articles or the contents of the articles. In many cases that is something you can check. If the articles are not available without paying a fee, often substantial, and you are wondering if the information is correct you can probably ask someone to check for you or visit a local college library where you might be able to access the information. That isn't often necessary as hoaxers spend most of their time faking almost everything.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

I checked the link and this guy is just an out and out fraud.

Since the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, the Gulf Stream has faded to almost nothing, allowing arctic air to filter in more south than usual. This is only the beginning.

There is no change in the Gulf Stream. That's not just a lie, it's a stupid lie.

There is no change in the Gulf Stream flow other than the normal seasonal fluctuations. Anyone claiming the Gulf Stream is going away is a blatant liar.

If you want to suggest cover up then you'll have to throw in the thousands of researchers, the tens of thousands of fishermen, the cargo ship captains that adjust their courses for its flow, and I'm sure lots of other people that use the Gulf Stream.

This is about as ridiculous a claim as someone might make.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by vinay86

You do know this entire OP is based on hoaxes? D.M. is full of baloney plain and simple.

The Gulf Stream is not slowing down. That false claim was made in a fake paper based on research from a nonexistent Italian researcher. The paper made all sorts of claims that were false and the justification was a fake person.

The weather forecast for Europe is for a mild winter, not a cold winter.

You've been taken in by some well written hoaxes.

Thanks for posting, O.K. DM may be full of baloney, I am not a scientist but can you please tell me why there is thermohaline circulation of water in the world oceans, what purpose do they serve, because i believe everything exists because of a reason.
edit on 17-12-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

can you please tell me why there is thermohaline circulation of water in the world oceans, what purpose do they serve, because i believe everything exists because of a reason.

There really isn't a reason that these exist in the sense that they were created for a purpose. Circulations exist because a number of forces place waters in motion. Some of the circulations are due to temperature and salinity differences that make the water less or more dense. These flows transport oxygen and nutrients. These flows also affect climates.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Humans are accelerating themselves towards an Ice Age.

So basically we need to ramp up the global warming! Quick everybody, book Al Jr. for a speaking arrangement so he flies more in his private jets!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yup. Ice age. It's called "winter." This garbage always happens at the beginning of the season. Next spring will start the flood of "global warming" threads. Just like last year. People fall for it every year. It's the Barnum Effect in action.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No not really.
Sorry to burst your nice thread up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join