It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was John Lennon's murderer Mark Chapman a CIA hitman? Thirty years on, there's an extraordinary ne

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

For many baby-boomers whose formative years coincided with the Swinging Sixties, a mild Monday in early December 1980 will always be remembered as the day the music died. In New York, the enigmatic, charismatic - and frankly often loony - ex-Beatle John Lennon staggered into the entrance hall of the Dakota, the exclusive parkside mansion block that had been his home for nearly eight years. The cassettes of a new song the 40-year-old had just recorded, called Walking On Thin Ice, clattered to the floor as he collapsed - blood flowing from four gunshot wounds.

Article Source
I for one believe John Lennon was just killed by some weirdo. I know John Lennon had influence on people. Still what about Fred and South Park? Do you agree with me or is there a conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

"Listen, if anything happens to Yoko and me, it was not an accident." -- John Lennon

"Laurel and Hardy, that's John and Yoko. And we stand a better chance under that guise because all the serious people like Martin Luther King and Kennedy and Gandhi got shot." -- John Lennon

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I read once(I surf a lot of conspiracy stuff, can you tell?) that Mark Chapman was one of those sleeper cell type MKultra slaves for the CIA. Now before people start demanding "proof, proof", coz I aint got any, look at the situation for your own internal proof: John kind of suddenly stops recording(& look at the stuff he was writing; give peace a chance ect) & then starts doing what he loved again, writing & recording. Was he ignoring orders? Was he whacked?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think the war is over and we have lost.

I don’t see an easy way out of the world of oligarchic omnipotence.

It takes leaders to guide people out of oppression, and today we have none.

The money is so much that they just have to bribe and or assassinnate any person who begins the fundamental aspect of political change—which is organizing the people.

This wiki leaks guy is an example of what a real leader would do if he were to begin to organize or begin to educate with the intention to organize, they will accuse him of this or that or frame him or just outright kill the person.

Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, the Kennedy brothers were our last hope for the leadership it takes to fight the oligarchs and all three were assassinated.

There is only one sollution to our problem.
But I cant say it outloud.

edit on 3-12-2010 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's obvious,

if a bridge falls, its the CIA.
If a president is assassinated, it's the CIA.
if a musician is killed, it's the CIA.
if terrorists attack you, it's the CIA.
if a crazy freak puts millions of people at risk by leaking vital government documents to the public, it's the CIA.
if a group of religious extremists vow to destroy your country and way of life, it's the CIA.
if a missile flies askew in the morning sky and looks like magic, it's the CIA.
if a musician does /M\ devil horns, it's the CIA.
if a community living in poverty adopts a drug culture and self annihilates, it's the CIA.
if a virulent disease threatens millions of people, it's the CIA.
if doctors come up with a way to combat the disease (but that will really kill you), it's the CIA.
if an innocent person travelling in a warzone is caught, tortured and beheaded, it's the CIA.

and so on and so on, because in this perfect world we live in, bad crap NEVER happens... ever..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I was expecting some information, but yeah, oozing bullet wounds, John Lennon. Err... Manchurian Candidate, Conspiracy Theory - as a rough summarization to start you off on your journey down the rabbit hole of possibilities maybe leading to John's death. I don't know enough about John's case, however. I don't know about the witnesses during the shooting.

Deathbed confession of a CIA agent admits to JFK's day of death as "The Big Event". Meaning something was going on. I strongly suggest Conspiracy Theory as stated up above, as something to start you off on. John's death was accepted as "a weirdo did it", and the case was closed. There's no harm in sticking the conspiracy knife into this. Look into mind control, you'll be surprised at the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
John Lennon was the BEST of all time and my favorite. His music was the string that helped hold my life together back then. It seemed that there was always one of his songs that helped me cope with whatever was going on at the time.

The day he was gunned down in cold blood was one of the saddest times of my life. John wanted to live in peace and was loved by millions. I had so much hate and still do for Mark Chapman. I always thought that someone would kill him in prison for what he did, but the bastard still lives on.

When I read the OP, I thought "Oh boy, they won't even let John Lennon rest in peace", then I read the article and was blown away. The article makes a lot of sense. Lennon through his music was more than likely a threat to TPTB back then. Whether they would "take him out" for it, I would want to think not, but the way the government is, I would say that it is a really good possibility. It's one of those things we will never know unless it comes out in the Wikileaks Cables, which I doubt it would because that would be classified as Top Secret.

I hope Mark Chapman never gets out of prison. He should have gotten life. Thank you OP for this thread. I have always been bothered by his senseless death and now you have opened up other possibilities that might shed some light on why he died..

All John was saying, is "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

[Densely ignoring satire] There we go, this guy knows!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I just had to add this song.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Quickfix because: I tried to embed the vid, it slips my mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A few things:
-Catcher In the Rye is very relevant here.
-It is not a secret in any way that the FBI, CIA, and Nixon himself wanted Lennon's influence removed. When he defeated them in court, they certainly had no other option
-Lennon WAS being followed. He WAS being monitored. He WAS the victim of a defamation campaign. Is it that much of a stretch that he WAS the victim of a gov't-sponsored murder?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
A few things:
-Catcher In the Rye is very relevant here.
-It is not a secret in any way that the FBI, CIA, and Nixon himself wanted Lennon's influence removed. When he defeated them in court, they certainly had no other option
-Lennon WAS being followed. He WAS being monitored. He WAS the victim of a defamation campaign. Is it that much of a stretch that he WAS the victim of a gov't-sponsored murder?

If I was asked 30 years ago if it was a stretch to think that the government had something to do with his death I would have thought you were crazy. Now that I know what the government will and does do, I think you make a very real and valid point.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Having an open mind, as I do, I can understand why Phil Strongman could think this. Conspiracies are all around us. Now I admit to not knowing much about how MKUltra works. But under the impression that I have towards mind control..it doesnt last over a lifetime..does it?
30 years later, Chapman still claims that he did it for fame. Although he is actually known for infamy. He is sticking to his reason for doing it after all these years.
Furthermore, Strongman makes the case that Lennon was shot on the left side and Chapman was in fact on Lennons right side. How does he know this. Was there other witnesses that put Chapman on Lennons right side? If so, did they see Chapman shoot him?
Strongman does make a good case about Chapmans worldly travels and lack of evidence of Chapmans idolization of Lennon, but does that mean the CIA is involved?
As with anything, when all the facts are not laid out on the table, there will be questions............regardless.
This is one more of those times.
IMVHO.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f257249af3cc.jpg[/atsimg]

He looks like CIA to me.
There is even an alphabet agency connection!

In 1971, Chapman became a born-again Christian, and distributed Bible tracts. He met his first girlfriend, another born-again Christian named Jessica Blankenship. He began work as a YMCA summer camp counselor
Mark David Chapman

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What really convinced me of a nefarious high level involvement in the Lennon murder was when Pat Tillman was executed. These high profile assignations don't happen unless someone is pulling the strings. Not to mention all of the convenient accidents and "suicides"...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

YMCA? There we go, CIA. Yup. Cat's out of the bag now. I wonder if YMCA was in on JFK's murder too then.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic. I have often wondered why people thought John Lennon would be so important (being a musician) that he would have to be assassinated and not very simply murdered by some quack? I am looking forward to seeing more responses from the members here who would know better than I.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Would be crazy if certain religions program (purposely or inadvertently) people to automatically target and eliminate certain types of people; such as musicians, or other creative types who might be a potential threat to some sort of establishment. The people who have the potential to change the world.

edit on 3-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
It's obvious,

if a bridge falls, its the CIA.
If a president is assassinated, it's the CIA.
if a musician is killed, it's the CIA.
if terrorists attack you, it's the CIA.
if a crazy freak puts millions of people at risk by leaking vital government documents to the public, it's the CIA.
if a group of religious extremists vow to destroy your country and way of life, it's the CIA.
if a missile flies askew in the morning sky and looks like magic, it's the CIA.
if a musician does /M\ devil horns, it's the CIA.
if a community living in poverty adopts a drug culture and self annihilates, it's the CIA.
if a virulent disease threatens millions of people, it's the CIA.
if doctors come up with a way to combat the disease (but that will really kill you), it's the CIA.
if an innocent person travelling in a warzone is caught, tortured and beheaded, it's the CIA.

and so on and so on, because in this perfect world we live in, bad crap NEVER happens... ever..

+1
+ we have to believe Jimmy Carter ordered this hit, & his CIA just 4 years past the humiliating Church hearings and wrapped up in Iran and Afghanistan, decides to take a time-out to kill Lennon on the streets of Manhattan 5 years after Vietnam has ended and as he turns 40, likely to start the downward spiral of his musical and cultural relevance. Not saying it is impossible. Just saying it is more than likely that it did not happen this way.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Lennon had four major characteristics which constitute a threat to TPTB.

He had a huge international following with huge influence.
He wanted a united world.
He promoted peace
He was anti-establishment

As did:

Martin Luther King
Bob Marley

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Lennon's murder has always bothered me.Chapman could have easily escaped through Central Park,the subway and numerous other ways.John Lennon beat the government in court and was already considered a subversive then you must remember just who was the president-elect at the time: Ronald Reagan.After the massive protests of the 60's and 70's the TPTB had enough and with Lennon reemerging he would have been one of the few people with enough pull to get people out on the street to protest the administrations polices.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join