It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul stands up for Julian Assange

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As an outsider from the UK I can't understand how this man doesn't have more support within the US? He nails it every time! What gives?!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

He is made to look like an old fool by the mainstream media here in America. When he ran for President in 2008 the media completely ignored him.

He is considered a threat to the established poltical machine in Washington so he is kept out of the spotlight as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by naraku

It is no worse than the NY Times releasing classifed military information during the Iraq war. We need to make sure there is not a double standard of protected free speech for "mainstream" reporters versus web reporters. Web reporters are more likely to get access to and publish cover ups and insider info than are mainstream reporters. The NY Times published the Iraq war secrets because they hated Bush. There would not reported this information from the Obama administration had it not been released by Wikileaks.

If the NY Times is not prosecuted, Wikileaks should not be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul is truly the last American Statesman.

He is the only one with the courage and moral conviction to stand up for what is right.

And he has been doing so for decades.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This guy has blackmailed and bribed governments. Treason? No! But something as equally sinister. Why would so many champion such a villan? I am confused, two wrongs make a right?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
As an outsider from the UK I can't understand how this man doesn't have more support within the US? He nails it every time! What gives?!

Because the guys who have fleeced the public have all the money and support the other candidates...

You don't WIN a US election..

You BUY it..!!!
edit on 3-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Sentinel412

Good for your media!

Also, the embassies in Norway, Denmark were just exposed of spying before the leaks.

--

Glad to see Ron Paul is right on yet again.

Paul,Napolitano, Ventura, Sabrosky... we still have some intelligent patriots.

Criminals are doomed with the internet.

Thanks, Internet, you should have gotten the Nobel peace prize.

Napolitano? Janet Napolitano? Are you referring to the TSA Big Sis? I think you are mistaken there. lol
edit on 12/3/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Its nice to see that man getting the respect he deserves from faux News, ive seen so many vids of him basically getting mocked and treated with little respect. just a shame that its taken them so long.

Im British myself but stayed in the States for a few years so have always kept an interest in American politics. Ron Paul without a doubt has been my favorite politician to listen to, he seems to speak in tune with how i feel and think about most walks of life and how we should live in a free society. It certainly is a huge loss in my mind that he is not now your president. It was always gonna be tough digging out of this tunnel of debt, but the end could have been so much brighter.

Just have to keep on keeping on, hopefully they will wake up before were gone.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hell yes I could not agree more, it’s about time a politician stands up and takes a stand. This man needs to be President to crack the whole sphere of lies open. But I digress TPTB will NEVER let that happen. All I can say is vote in the next election……If it’s not fixed.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a progressive repulican... if that makes any sense?

Who do we have left? Kucinich, Paul, Barr, Nader.... ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When the decks stacked against you, sometimes you have to have an ace up your sleeve. Sometimes when power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, you need someone to stand up for you. A guardian who defends the weak, and lays his life on the line for justice... a dark knight so to speak.

Originally posted by onthedownlow
This guy has blackmailed and bribed governments. Treason? No! But something as equally sinister. Why would so many champion such a villan? I am confused, two wrongs make a right?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Ron Paul is obviously a reasonable, and self reasoning man, and his morality underlies the truth of this issue. Wikileaks are acting on ethical grounds, for isn't it incumbent upon all of us - but especially those in the position to do so - to expose the truth. None of this material is made up, it simply is. Given that, should he have given it back to the perpetrators of these sins, or should he go public. Didn't he have a moral obligation to disseminate the thruth and expose the perpetrators with their own words?

And what of the morality of the US in reaction to this. They have accused him of committing a crime when he hasn't, he has been labled a terrorist when he obviously isn't, and didn't someone over there call for his assination? Its all an immoral attempt to shoot the messenger, and distract the sheeple from the reality that dipolmats and politicians can be as petty and (and dare I say it) as human, and therfore as perfectly flawed as the rest of us.

And we should all remember that famous line of Dr Johnston ..."Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." If you have to rely on your nationality/governement for a sense of right and wrong, you have already lost the game..because morality is in our actions not our words.

Julian Assange has my full support, but everyone one has to make up their minds for themselves. Silencing the truth will not further us as a local or global culture, being mature means facing up to your own mistakes and dealing with the consequences. The US governent has been caught out and embarressed at the purility of its own behaviour...just take your medicine and shut up, we've all go better things to do.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Kucinich is out. He's an okay guy, but his threatening of the 2nd amendment, the support of the "health care reform" bill, and a few of his other policy positions make him irredeemable.

Barr is in the same position. Okay guy, but he voted for the patriot act, the Iraq war, banning gay marriage, and other ludicrous positions that also make him irredeemable.

I respect Nader, simply out of the fact that the guy can never be bought by anyone. With that said, I don't respect some of his policy choices, especially regarding market regulation and gun control. Believe it or not, what Nader wants to do regarding unions would actually help clean up the corrupt unions out there though, so I can't hate him on that. But one thing is for certain; the only person other than Ron Paul who could make corporate overlords piss their pants if he gained any power, especially over the fed, is Nader. He's like the left version of Ron Paul, and for that he gets my nod. I can't agree with people on everything, and we need a respectful paradigm of thought of some sort.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In a perfect world, we'd have a bunch of nader democrats, and paul republican's, then.

I have to defend Kucinich a bit as he is not looking to strip the second amendment as much as he is trying to promote peace. The guy is friggin Ghandi.

I was hazy on Barr to begin with, but those choices of his make me shudder.

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Kucinich is out. He's an okay guy, but his threatening of the 2nd amendment, the support of the "health care reform" bill, and a few of his other policy positions make him irredeemable.

Barr is in the same position. Okay guy, but he voted for the patriot act, the Iraq war, banning gay marriage, and other ludicrous positions that also make him irredeemable.

I respect Nader, simply out of the fact that the guy can never be bought by anyone. With that said, I don't respect some of his policy choices, especially regarding market regulation and gun control. Believe it or not, what Nader wants to do regarding unions would actually help clean up the corrupt unions out there though, so I can't hate him on that. But one thing is for certain; the only person other than Ron Paul who could make corporate overlords piss their pants if he gained any power, especially over the fed, is Nader. He's like the left version of Ron Paul, and for that he gets my nod. I can't agree with people on everything, and we need a respectful paradigm of thought of some sort.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Makes you wonder why this man is apparently incorruptable.
The truth is coming out. The weakest amoung us are afraid. There is going to be violent resistance from peolpe
who have a desperate stranglehold on their fragile paradigm. These are the birthing pains. It is Necessary.In this life there is fear and there is love. You will easily be able th tell who's who in the coming months. Those who subscribe to love and thruth will take this information and embrace it, learn from it, and share it. Those who subscribe to fear will resist it, be angered by it, and try to supress it. Who are you?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only US Politician I am aware of that (from my European pov) strikes me as respectable.

I heard his statement on foreign policy in one of those pre-electoral debates and was stunned... I didnt know that his position even existed in the american worldview.
His evaltuation of the FED was also refreshingly critical.
I wonder what his positions on access to water as a human right and gun control are...
If I was an US citizen Id want this guy to represent me.

Guys like him would help to restore the US Image throughout the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You get it all wrong! We all on ATS and some other platforms know these things, but some people have to read it in the newspaper or see it on TV to understand what is happening. Even if they know that there are forums like this one, what do you think they think about them? We are all crazy in their eyes.
These people believe in things they read in the newspapers or see on TV-shows. Assange´s way to show them that something´s wrong in our society is a dangerous one, but the only way I see too.

mfg

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ron Paul Maligned by CNN Analysts re Wikileaks (call him "Nut" and "Martian")

So wait..... offensive words but no explanation is a healthy discussion?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
There are some Earthshaking news, just the western media is not telling all. i.e. my country, Hungary has just learned that the U.S. is spied on our citizens. This is what we're not really tolerate. What the hell the U.S. is thinking? If you don't like what is going on in my country, pack and go home.

Quite frankly, if you don't think the U.S., Russia and China for starters, are spying on your country and citizens, you are being dangerously naive. Sorry, it's not big news to me that we are spying on other countries, even allies, and digging up dirt on other country's politicians, even at the U.N. That's how the game has always been played.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
well I guess Ron Paul would stand up for Julian Assange
if the both have the same boss.

I show you this next article where it states Soros moveon.org
is funding Ron Paul Political Campaign Advertisements.
So there u have the master plan of action for 2012.
Break down America and put Ron Paul in office
and end the US Banking System when Paul
ends the Fed. I wonder how many times a month
does Soros and Paul talk on the phone or e-mail
their agendas?

swordattheready.wordpress.com...

So is this a direct tie between
George Soros and Ron Paul ????

Also note:

Ron Paul breaks record for most campaign
donations online in 24 hrs. I wonder where all that
$4.1M came from ????