It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pressure Mounts to Gag WikiLeaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Pressure Mounts to Gag WikiLeaks

news.smh.com.au

Pressure grew on Friday to silence WikiLeaks as the whistleblowing website was briefly forced off the Internet by cyber attacks and the government in Paris called for it to be banned from French servers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would expect this kind of reaction from perhaps China, North Korea , Iran and some others, but France?

Somehow I feel that this slope is becoming more slippery every day. How far will the world go to try and silence wikileaks and Mr. Assange?

Personally I have no problem with what they are doing, although it appears that many people do. I dont think that anything they have released is necessarily mindblowing information. The war logs simply put into perspective what everyone already believed to be happening. The cables provided nothing more than the equivalent of reading your sisters diary.

Go ahead France, ban the site from your servers, they already needed to get a new url today, and there are countless mirror sites that rotate daily. It will become a full time job for how many people just to keep up with them.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The sad fact is people are completly brainwashed by their governments. Are these weak minded people? i guess so

We need a change, worldwide, and wikileaks does a great job at showing how much our governments lie. Is it a patriotic thing too that keeps people brainwashed? of course it is, and governments use that on the people to show how "wrong" this is!

At the end of the day, the governments will win.They will carry on doing terrible stuff to their own people and oher people.

These are just people! Not perfect mini Gods that will keep you safe at night! I hope wikileaks survives this wave of evil that will try and shut them up. But if they go, there will be others to take there place.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am beginning to suspect that there must be some high-level club between government political leaders who are circling their wagons as their shenanigans are no longer concealed behind inappropriate classifications and so-called 'state' secrets.

It's amazing how much power they wield when personal embarrassment is at stake.

For those who called the conspiracy theorists nuts about such things.... keep your eyes and ears open... remember... to these people... the ones who engage in activities for personal gain (or the gain of their associates) under the cover of 'government service' secrecy is the only thing keeping them out of jail (or worse).

I can virtually guarantee that a lot of low-level people will be fired over the 'outrage'....
edit on 3-12-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ah yes anything to keep the truth in the darkness! Shedding light, even if it is just a little ray on the truth will surely expose many many lies. They have to do all they can to conceal the truth from being exposed! I think they are all afraid of what the consequences of the truth are going to be. Demonize the group advocating truth while spreading more lies seems to be the latest tactic.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
surely it would be ridiculasly easy to gag wikileaks if TPTB really wanted to? Maybe their just seeing how itll play out, or maybe theres more going on here..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I pretty much feel the same as you do, it's not only us either, curiously enough a fair number of MP's (in the UK) are fairly supportive of WL too.

It's so obvious with the amount of negative WL threads on just this single website, exactly what is going on.

People don't seem to realize what the hell is the real issue with WL.

They don't realize how monumentally important their organisation and others of a similar ilk are to our freedoms.

WL is the ONLY organisation to stand up to the PTB. The only ones prepared to risk everything to bring US, YOU AND ME the truth. Without their courage and tenacity, the crooks and generally bad guys and girls with their fingers in all the pies would get away with literally anything and everything they wanted to get away with.

In a free society, Wikileaks is an essential force in preserving that freedom..the American members were warned often enough by some of your ex presidents.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, and Wikileaks is our magnifying glass on the shady and corrupt world of our so called 'leaders'.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And for what? What has Wikileaks exposed that is so earth shattering? Really, nothing. We haven't been given anything substantial. But yet we are getting bombarded with government officials and talking heads up in arms about 'national security.' Now they are introducing bills to further stifle freedom of speech.

I've heard the saying 'never let a crisis go to waste' and the governments of the world seem to subscribe to that philosophy.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems things have really ramped up since the release of the cables.

If those who cabled the information are embarrassed about the contents, perhaps that is something they should have thought about before putting the words down on paper. I have always believed that if you dont want someone else to read what you are writing, then simply dont write it down. If you need to write it down, phrase it in a way that you wouldnt care who reads it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Possible explanation for France...

King of Bahrain and Petraeus -

Rafale military fighter = "yesterday's technology".

cable 09MANAMA642, GENERAL PETRAEUS WITH KING HAMAD: IRAQ

213.251.145.96/cable/2009/11/09MANAMA642.html

5.(S/NF) BAHRAIN AIR SHOW AND NUCLEAR ENERGY: King Hamad asked General Petraeus for his help in encouraging U.S. aircraft manufacturers to participate in the inaugural Bahrain Air Show, scheduled for January 2010. He said that France was pushing the Rafale and would be there in force, although he agreed with Petraeus that the French fighter was yesterday's technology.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Truthfully, the 'embarrassed' governments are not up in arms about ANY of the latest WL offerings.

They ALL slag each other off, and they ALL know it too. This is all hype, to demonize WL and try to get the morons and sheep to bleat along with them and shut WL down before the really damaging stuff gets out.

If any politician is 'embarrassed' by anything released so far, they shouldn't be in politics full stop. Their 'skin' is much to thin to be in politics if that was really the way it is.

There are no cables or documents of 'national security' significance, none.
Each release is carefully scrutinized by WL staff to ensure there is zero danger to serving soldiers, alphabet agents, and the like. Nothing released put's a single person in mortal danger, not one.

The only one's who should be worried, are the one's making all the noise we are hearing now...the bent and loathsome politicians and diplomats who have been named and identified as being fake and generally a nasty bit of work.

If they have done no wrong, and have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to fear from being mentioned...have they!

WL is doing what they do for all of us, for our freedoms, and hopefully to fill the bent and criminal elements who clamor and creep their way into power, with dread.

I hope all mentioned in the leaks are having quite a few restless nights lately...it may make them think the next time they are so cavalier with the truth.

Thanks Wikileaks, you guys are tops.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

i can totally agree with your statement.
but once again IF it is a legit source and it is legitimately got TPTB shaking in their boots. it is a necessity, because it opens the eyes of the masses, and lord knows that needs to happen. bad things are on the horizon, very bad things indeed.
as soon as the dollar falls say hello to worldwide currency, and say goodbye to the last spec of freedom we have: the bill of rights and constitution
these things aren't a matter of if they are gonna happen but when.
the fact of the matter is the NWO will happen, the only real question is which team are you going to be playing for when it does happen. will you fight till the death, or will you fall in line with the rest of the sheeple?
you know i'm a man of faith, and i believe in predestination.... to an extent. i believe the world has always been on a path leading straight to hell, but it is the individuals choice on to follow the world or be on the right path.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." - thomas jefferson

it's been far too long since the last revolution, and TPTB no longer fear the people.. this is a very very bad thing

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think Wikileaks better release something that is heavy hitting or they are going to lose this one. It's got to be something that will shift the sheeple paradigm before Wikileaks is completely silenced. At that point it will be too late to release the real stuff.

I am assuming for the moment that wikileaks isn't a psyops designed to restrict internet freedom and free speech around the world - after all this time I'm still 50/50 on the veracity of wikileaks. There is so much conflicting information both ways. One day info points to a psyops, the next it points to wikileaks being completely legit. At the very least though, as was stated, I will reiterate that the governments won't let a good crisis go to waste. And they will make a crisis out of a molehill as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Possible explanation for France...

King of Bahrain and Petraeus -

Rafale military fighter = "yesterday's technology".

cable 09MANAMA642, GENERAL PETRAEUS WITH KING HAMAD: IRAQ

213.251.145.96/cable/2009/11/09MANAMA642.html

5.(S/NF) BAHRAIN AIR SHOW AND NUCLEAR ENERGY: King Hamad asked General Petraeus for his help in encouraging U.S. aircraft manufacturers to participate in the inaugural Bahrain Air Show, scheduled for January 2010. He said that France was pushing the Rafale and would be there in force, although he agreed with Petraeus that the French fighter was yesterday's technology.

I agree it might be a possible source,
but it would be hard to imagine that one cable about a French fighter.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the only thing i have to say about this issue, is well we all know 9/11 was an inside job, and they "hunted and harrassed" obama... oops i mean osama. so unless he actually gets nailed to the wall idk if i can believe the WL hype... that or until it actually invokes change... one or the other.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Wow, 9/11 conspiracy, Osama and Obama all in the same post regarding wikileaks being gagged.
and thats all you had to say?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You will know you have spoken the truth when you are angrily denounced; and you will know you have spoken both truly and well when you are visited by the police. –J. B. R. Yant

Fox's Wayne Simmons calls Wikileaks "a terrorist organization"

Congressman Wants WikiLeaks Classified as a Terrorist Organization

Canadian PM's ex-aide: Assassinate Assange

Sarah Palin: Target WikiLeaks' Assange like the Taliban

Hilary Clinton: WikiLeaks Is An “Attack On America’s Foreign Policy Interests”

WikiLeaks website pulled by Amazon after US political pressure

New Hampshire DNS Provider Shuts Out Wikileaks.org

Interpol issues 'red notice' for Wikileaks' Assange

"Perhaps the most dramatic revelation ... is the bitter hatred of democracy that is revealed both by the U.S. Government – Hillary Clinton, others – and also by the diplomatic service". - Noam Chomsky

Enuff said!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

ok no i wasn't referring that osama is obama or vica versa... i just love how the names are the same... and obama is by far one of the biggest liars we have elected..

really 9/11 not being a inside job, sounds like a bigger conspiracy theory to me... your telling me people with freakin knives hijacked a plane with 100+ passengers on 4 seperate occasions and two of those occasions left no traces of a plane, all while WTC 7 seemed to get depressed, because it's bigger brothers were about to fall apparently, and blew itself up.... i could go on and on about the "coincidences" about 9/11 that makes it a very obvious sham, but i'll let you do that research..

now with that being said, it was huge on the news about "fighting terrorism" which basically gave us the ok-go to become a war hungry country... i.e. afghanistan, iraq(what ever happened to those WMD's anyway) and soon to be iran and korea. and now their fighting "cyber-terrorism" i'm just sayin it kinda seems to fall into their storyline. like this would be the next step to eliminate freedoms and move towards the NWO.

hopefully i'm wrong. i would really really love for something like WL to actually be true.. lord knows i would love for someone to blow this whole sham right open in front of the whole world... oh man how i wish it were true... but if it's too good to be true... you know the rest of the sayin.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

All of those links and stories are very apropos to what has been going on.
Thank you for compiling them into one easily accessible post.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Remember. These news are nothing earthshattering to us, tinfoil hats. But for the sheeps, it's eye opening. Although I've read few additional cables what my country's media is already shared with us, but it's not on WikiLeaks yet. There are few interesting things here and there. i.e. spying on the citizens of my country is not a good thing (Yep. You may guess one who ordered it.).
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join