It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown disease may be a new strain of ebola.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
SOURCE December 1 2010

The situation report of November 26 indicated a cumulative figure of 32 cases, with fatality rate of 25 per cent since its outbreak in Balang village in Mutu parish in Paimol Sub-County, Agago district early this month. A National Professional Officer with the World Health Organisation in Gulu, Dr Emmanuel Tenywa, said a total of 19 people were currently admitted at an isolation ward in Kalongo Hospital with acute signs and symptoms of diarrhoea, vomiting, and severe frontal headache, sometimes associated with pain in the eye without conjunctivitis and blood stains on their stool. He said already one of the health workers in the hospital had developed the disease symptoms after she accidentally came into contact with vomit of a patient. The Kitgum district Surveillance Officer, Ms Grace Ogwang, said four people had so far died of the disease from their homes, while four others were still admitted at St. Joseph’s Hospital.

If you go on the RSOE EDIS main page and look on the african continent, you'll see three red biohazard signs. Here for the links.

November 12 2010

November 18 2010

Originally mentionned in this thread: Here

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thank you for the update on this.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh wow, this dosent sound to good.
Ive heard that if anyone wanted to cause any sort of biological mass distruction, they would make an airborne version of ebola. I really hope this isnt the case.
Secondly, ive heard wind that many diseases have actually been engineered and been unleashed on a population to see their effects.
For example, the origin of HIV being a 'gay' disease may have been because there was a thing in America that encouraged gay men to get a Hep B vaccination, after 2 years time 60% of them had gotten Aids, this isnt to fair fetched as ive read reports of HIV being found in vaccines in America just to have them shipped off to less well off countries.
As i said, i really hope this isnt the case and hopefully it dies out before it infects anyone else.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We've been warned for well over a decade that a new "superbug" was going to come around sooner or later that would wipe out a fair percentage of us. I think it's inevitable, and likely right around the corner. There's many reasons for this, but I'm much too out of it to comment on that. Need some tea for the morning first. Stick to natural prevention techniques, and seek medical aid if an incident becomes an emergency. Good luck everyone.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
We are definately way overdue for a new pandemic, but we shouldnt fret just yet (even though i do sympathise with the people effected)
It may just be like swine flu and become madly exaggerated in an attempt to inject us with mercury. lol
Ebola does seem more severe than any strain of influenza however. But im sure a cure will come 'just in time' by big pharma so they can rake in the cash.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm a BSL- 3 & 4 virologist, and I can most certainly tell you that filoviruses such as Ebola & Marburg virus are by far and away the worst of the worst, you don't wanna go out like that.
We don't call the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus "THE BLOOD DRIPPING DEATH" for nothing you know.

However, since there is no such thing as the "American Ebola Society" or an "Ebola Quilt", there has actually been much progress made with Ebola by science over the past ten or so years. With even better surprises on the way to, I'm sure.

Check these out.

genome.fieldofscience.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.wired.com...

online.sfsu.edu...

www.historyofvaccines.org...

Q. Could whats in this link here below really be done, the link says "NO" ?
A. I would like to say that I agree with the link, and "NO" that it can't be done, but I actually do believe that it could be done.
No run of the mill virologist would ever be able to pull it off though, thats for sure.

www.thetech.org...
edit on 7-12-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join