It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now, Working Alone in a Haunted House...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So this is where I am right now!

LeMoyne Art Foundation / Munroe-McGinnis House

I do consulting work for an Art Foundation. My office with them is in an Historic Old home. It is smack dab in downtown Tallahassee, FL. It served as a secret, makeshift hospital during the Civil War, it has been the site of feuds and squabbles, and murders have occurred almost at its door step. It has served many families, and it currently serves as a community art center.

There have been many reports of paranormal activity, but since I am normally a skeptic, it has never phased me, nor affected me in any way. I have been here alone at late hours and I have never felt scared, if anything the home has a nice, warm aura about it. I described it to some co-workers as very "inviting" and when I am here late, I almost hate to leave!

So, about a month ago, some local paranormal group asked if they could do a study on this home, and the companion home called the Munroe House. The Board agreed to let them spend some nights here and do research.

Low and Behold!!! The spot with all of the activity is the closet and attic adjacent to my desk, that I am sitting at right now!

The photos in the link were mostly taken within a few feet of this desk! I am told that the "orange" figures moved about the room calmly. At times they appeared to be low, as if sitting, and at other times they appeared tall and gaunt as if standing, alert, and watching. The investigators were thrilled at the level of activity and the amount of photos they captured. Their Facebook site shows a few of the photos, but their preliminary write-up is not done yet, and we haven't received their official summary.

I wanted to share this with ATS, because tonight I will be working alone here, directly next to this attic and closet door, among the very boxes in the pictures, and I will be here until well after midnight, because I have a lot of work to catch up on!

I thought ATS might enjoy experiencing this with me. As I said before, I have never had anything more than a warm, inviting "feeling" from this old home, and I don't expect anything different tonight, but it seemed a little more exciting after seeing the photos and hearing what the investigators had to say.

3 stories directly below me is the old operating room of the makeshift civil war hospital. The grounds are decorated with sculptures and fountains. The walls are decorated with local art and what they call the Permanent Collection of art donated over the decades. It is decorated for Christmas right now, and it is very festive.

I'm going to try to get some work done now, please check in with me if you have any questions or suggestions!

MODS: I meant to put this in "Paranormal Studies" instead of the Gray Area. Please move if appropriate.
edit on 2-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Darkest Whispers Website

I found their website, but it doesn't have anything up yet from this investigation. I don't know how credible or professional the investigators were, but nonetheless it seemed interesting since it happened at my dam desk!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
WHAT KIND OF HAUNTING POLTERGEIST, DEMON, UNRESTLESS SPIRIT, NONHUMAN ENTITY, OR CASPER. NO SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF HAUNTING IS IT
edit on 2-12-2010 by christianUFOilluminati because: I WANTED TO CLARIFY THAT IM SERIOUS BEACAUSE I DO BELIEAVE IN THIS PHENOMENA

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by christianUFOilluminati

In my opinion, there might be some friendly spirits or hauntings here. I don't know if it would be soldiers, or old family members that have lived and passed away here.

A lot of the stories relate to children, and the investigators mentioned that the photos might be of spirits of children, but that just doesn't feel correct to me. Children are either playful, or scared, but they aren't hospitable and inviting like this feels. To me it just has a good Southern Charm about it. I feel like if the spirits were flesh and bone, they might offer me some Sweet Tea and sit and talk a spell, LOL!
edit on 2-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Got a camera with you? Would be interesting to take some random pics throughout the evening. Please post updates as you see fit.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You really ought to be nice to the figures and find out what they want. Perhaps they can do your work for you overnight, if they are bored!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry but all I saw on that facebook page's photos were images that looked like the camera had been moved while the photo was taken. You can even see the label on the boxes that appear to be transparent.
Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by christianUFOilluminati

Other workers and volunteers here have seen quick glances of figures, had doors move, felt things brush past them. The companion home is in bad repair, and it has a very spooky feel about it. We only use it for storage, but going in and out of that home even in broad daylight is uncomfortable. This one is the exact opposite.

Tonight, after everyone left, I have had a couple of noises, but it is a very old house, and a very cold night, so creaks and pops seem normal. Just a few moments ago, something near the fax machine popped pretty loudly, I looked up and didn't see anything unusual, I figure it was just a heater vent cooling off or something.

I believe in Auras, and I believe things either feel right or they don't. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or not, but for me to say I saw one, it will have to brazenly walk in and shake my hand. Shadows, groans, creeks, and pops just isn't going to do it for me, I have too much work to get done, LOL!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Good Idea, I do have my Droid here. I will snap a pic every now and then.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well I'll be up a few more hours. I look forward to seeing if anything shows up.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

can you share some more stories on the place other than what has been already mentioned?

reply to post by BrokenCar

i agree, the author of the original post should take some pics, even with a digital camera or a cell phone camera, or film camera it would be nice to have some pics to fall back on in case no hauntings occure .. and also photos can show Orbs which could still be debatable what orbs are, however my experience points to them being 'of the paranormal' or 'supernatural' indicators

edit, just saw your post, you'll be taking pics!
edit on 12/2/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You can see the words of the boxes in the orange glow.

The orange glow is approximately the same color as the boxes.

This image was taken in the dark with a flash, so the boxes would have had a higher reflexion than the background paneling.

In short, you can see that the ghostly orange image is in fact the boxes offset by a few foot on the vertical axis.

Lesson: When taking pictures in the dark, it's best to have a tripod.

edit on 2-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

The couple of photos that I found interesting had the orange outline that appeared to be low head and shoulders, a taller head and shoulders, and then another shorter one. I might not have picked up on it either if I hadn't already been informed of what to look for. Apparently that image moved around a bit. The investigator found it interesting enough to go back and shut herself in the room and take some more photos.

Please don't misunderstand this as any type of claim. I only post it, because my co-workers made a big deal out of me staying here late, and the fact that I do get some type of feeling from this place that is pretty strong and unique.

I have lived in about 40 homes over my years, and I have remodeled hundreds. I get a pretty good idea of whether a home is comfortable or not. I have had homes that were just never very comfortable, and I have had some that felt like home the first minute I walked in. This place is by far the most warm and inviting I have ever spent time in. I was a little nervous the first time I came up here alone at midnight to do some work.

Old homes are creepy enough, art galleries are worse, old hospitals are the worst, and this place is all three! BUT, instead of being creepy, it was actually very enjoyable.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
On the first image, the picture is over-exposed. This picture was also taken without a tripod. The background light's glare on the dresser has caused all the anomalies.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i'm going to have to agree with some others on here, all i'm seeing is double boxes when it comes to the "orange figures"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just took 4 photos, nothing spectacular. I will try again about every 15 minutes up through midnight. Just to clarify, none of the other photos are mine.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I understand your intentions. I was just a bit curious about the photos. They don't look anything out of the ordinary. But do get back to us about your stay, I do believe in Paranormal activities. My mum gets visited by spirits a lot. Sometimes with warnings. One night she was having a nightmare about someone being electricuted, she then woke up to a hooded figure beside her bed. This was weird because my dad works at a power company here in New Zealand. The next day my dad's mate got electricuted and came out with 3rd degree burns. So I am open to the idea that you will experience something tonight.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
dude, you're gonna get spooked. Do you feel the cool breath on the back of your neck? scary, isn't it.

If you have a recorder of some sort, you should talk to them. that is the freakiest thing I have heard is the EVP stuff. that movie White Noise was a bit nerve raking. I don't believe in ghosts, but then I am not hanging around a haunted house till midnight. Ask them to touch you. tell them all about the TSA workers. never know what you might get.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

LOL! Now TSA workers really are scary!

If I get my work done and it isn't too late, I will talk them up a bit and see if I can get a response.

You are right though, I have never been creeped out before, but when I went to take those photos while ago, my hair was all bristled up and I kept getting chills up my spine. Nothing paranormal, just heightened sensitivity I'm sure!

My Droid does audio and video, so as it gets closer to midnight I will shoot some video and talk them up a little bit. I might need someone's help uploading it though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK, I can see how people get frightened here.

#1. When I came up the stairs from the bathroom, the stairs mimicked my footsteps about 2 or 3 stairs behind me. I am assuming that it took that long for the boards to rebound from my weight, but it was a noticeable footstep sound directly behind me.

#2. The fax machine and the printer have both decided to clean themselves periodically and it just about gives me a heart attack each time.

#3. There was a very distinguishable door or cabinet closing a few moments ago. Again, this is an old house, everything is wooden, everything is sprung and swollen and hinges are old. I don't think it was paranormal, I think it was a result of the temperature changing with the night air.

#4. I have heard what sounds like children talking and even laughing a couple of times. I believe it is coming from some of the neighboring apartment/condo complexes. I thought it was my imagination the first time, but then I heard it more clearly a few minutes later, and I think it came from outside the window.

Like I said, I am pretty skeptical. Not that I don't believe in ghosts, I just don't believe every little bump in the night is a ghost. I still hope to have something that I can't explain, but so far everything that was spooky or startling has had an explanation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join