It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks; The Setup To End Free Speech On The Internet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Holy classified and ultra-secret documents, burntheships, what a dilema!

Well, while I have issues with Government abuses of power, as well I have issues with Assange.

Having been a conspiracy theorist as long as I have and doing things honorably I detest his style.

I've posted it before and I am happy to reiterate why I do not support Assange's activities.

Whether I stand alone on this issue or not is completely irrelevant and entirely from my perspective.

You can go here and read some of my thoughts on Julian Assange if you're interested.

Julian Assange : Wrong Political Gamble, Know When To Hold'em, Know When To Fold'em...

Usually, I have zero issue with someone trying to learn information, but Assange's actions gripe me.

While I can see his original intent may have been in earnest, a positive force, his delivery is off.

First off, he is a foreigner, not American, and while most certainly America has done a lot of dirty things in our short timeframe as a country, in comparison of other countries far, far older than our country, so his perspective is completely outside of the bounds of someone having lived here in America for any period of time. While I commend his original intent, as mentioned, he is not a citizen of America, and his actions through Wikileaks leave a lot to be desired as far as I am concerned, I do not see him fitting into the realm of the "conspiracy theory" community at all in any way, shape, or form.

American citizens have our right to Freedom of Speech to protect us complaining about our Government.

While I certainly post things about America online, at places like ATS, I know my Constitution inside out.

And I am current about all laws as they change as I see it that vital to keep abreast of at all times.

I am an Earthling first, an American second, a patriot third among all things I am active within.

My lifespan spent as a "conspiracy theorist" has been a lengthy one so far, 31 years, out of 37.

Throughout that I used beliefs, ethics, and morals I was raised under to build my knowledge base upon.

While I most certainly do not necessarily agree with everything my Government does, I love my country, the vast majority of things I have or take issue with are on foreign and domestic policy, that includes city, county, state, and federal, and international.

What Assange does is tantamount to espionage through "turning" someone to "leak" information.

The Tao Of Spycraft: Intelligence Theory And Practice In Traditional China

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b15fd3404a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

In The Tao of Spycraft, for the first time anywhere Ralph Sawyer unfolds the long and venerable tradition of spycraft and intelligence work in traditional China, revealing a vast array of theoretical materials and astounding historical developments.

Encompassing extensive translations of relevant portions of theoretical military manuals previously unknown in the West (such as the T'ai-pai Yin-ching, Hu-ling Ching, and Ping-fa Pai-yen), the book spans centuries to trace the development and expansion of agent concepts, insertion and control methods, recruitment, and covert practices such as assassination, subversion, and sexual entrapment and exploitation, going on to explore counter-intelligence and all aspects of military intelligence, including objectives, analysis and interpretation.

But The Tao of Spycraft is more than an examination of military tactics, it also provides a thorough overview of the history of spies in China, emphasizing their early development, ruthless employment, and dramatic success in subverting famous generals, dooming states to extinction, and facilitating the rise of the first imperial dynasty known as the Ch'in.

The cases discussed-particularly those exploiting women and sex-not only became part of China's general mindset over the ages, but coupled with the theoretical writings remain the basis for the study and teaching of contemporary spycraft methods and practices as the PRC trains and aggressively deploys thousands of agents throughout the world, including the United States.

The above book points to some very disturbing practices in "tradecraft" in intelligence work.

Considering "Wikileaks" was originally started by Chinese "dissidents" it could be an extensive spyring.

And Julian Assange could have easily gotten recruited decades ago.

In essence, through people "whisteblowing" to Wikileaks, he is getting someone to become a traitor to our country, regardless of his intent, he is therefore an enemy of the state, because his actions not only put someone in a position of trust into a sling and their ass in jail, like Bradley Manning, he is putting lives at risk, as well as National Security in jeopardy.

Quote from : Wikipedia : National Security

National security is the requirement to maintain the survival of the nation-state through the use of economic, military and political power and the exercise of diplomacy.

The concept developed mostly in the United States of America after World War II. Iinitially focusing on military might, it now encompasses a broad range of facets, all of which impinge on the military or economic security of the nation and the values espoused by the national society.

Accordingly, in order to possess national security, a nation needs to possess economic security, energy security, environmental security, etc.

Security threats involve not only conventional foes such as nation-states but also non-state actors such as terrorist organizations, narcotic cartels and multi-national organisations; some authorities including natural disasters and events causing severe environmental damage in this category.

Measures taken to ensure national security include:

using diplomacy to rally allies and isolate threats

marshalling economic power to facilitate or compel cooperation

maintaining effective armed forces

implementing civil defense and emergency preparedness measures (including anti-terrorism legislation)

ensuring the resilience and redundancy of critical infrastructure

using intelligence services to detect and defeat or avoid threats and espionage, and to protect classified information

using counterintelligence services or secret police to protect the nation from internal threats

Let me be clear here, I'm not speaking of the abuse of "National Security", where corrupt politicians use that as a blanket to cover anything they damn well please, I am speaking of actual National Security, as in our country being compromised due to foreign nationals who may take the information Assange is distributing, and put it to ill uses, either through dissemination, or possibly even hand it off to a foreign government, who seriously wants to destroy America.

I am speaking quite clearly here meaning a legitimate threat, not some politicians inflated numbers, or aggrandized usage of the word "terror" every other sentence in some inane and blathering speech which bores the Hell out of the majority of American citizens.

I do not support the Iraq War or Afghanistan War but only through my knowledge of it.

I do support the troops trying to defend our country, whether they want to be overseas or not, they are there to perform a job, and need our support, whether we agree with our foreign policies, other nations foreign and or national policies, or not.

If we're seriously going into Afghanistan we need to focus our troops on eliminations the drugs.

I'm speaking of the Golden Crescent which Afghanistan is a part of with regards to opium.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Golden Crescent

The Golden Crescent is the name given to one of Asia's two principal areas of illicit opium production, located at the crossroads of Central, South, and Western Asia.

This space overlaps three nations, Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan, whose mountainous peripheries define the crescent, though only Afghanistan and Pakistan produce opium, with Iran being a consumer and trans-shipment route for the smuggled opiates.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) heroin production estimates for the past 10 years show significant changes in the primary source areas.

Heroin production in Southeast Asia declined dramatically, while heroin production in Southwest Asia expanded.

In 1991, Afghanistan became the world's primary opium producer, with a yield of 1,782 metric tons (U.S. State Department estimates), surpassing Myanmar, formerly the world leader in opium production.

The decrease in heroin production from Myanmar is the result of several years of unfavorable growing conditions and new government policies of forced eradication.

Afghan heroin production increased during the same time frame, with a notable decrease in 2001 allegedly as a result of the Taliban's fatwa against heroin production.

Afghanistan now produces over 90% of the world's opium.

In addition to opiates, Afghanistan is also the world's largest producer of hashish.

If we're serious about a war (Afghanistan) or a "war" (War on Drugs) we need to go after the source.

I'm sharing some of my thoughts on foreign and domestic policy here in regards to my beliefs.

Has Julian Assange ever spoken out against the "drug scene" and hypocrisy of the American Government in regards to the C.I.A. and D.E.A., and the stop-gap of the State Department which pushes a double-edged sword agenda, keeping the peace and not pushing the first intelligence organization to do less, and the second intelligence organization do more?

I've never researched "Wikileaks" to find out but I highly doubt it.

Through my beliefs, ethics, and morals I see drugs as an endemic strain on our citizenry.

Meanwhile it is as well a chokepoint where foreign and domestic policy as abused in the grey area.

I know this not through "leaked" documents but through thorough and downright lenghty research.

Through books, news in deciphering the lies the Mainstream Media sells us, and using my brain.

I've never asked for a whistleblower to give up secret and classified documents nor will I ever.

To me, what Assange does, is take the easy road out, and let others do what he's supposed to be "active" about, considering he's allegedly an activist, for that label he sure isn't putting his neck on the line as much as the person he's getting to commit treason.

His life sounds normal enough, in a sense a broken home, dysfunctional, if you've read up on the "New Age group" his stepfather was associated with it is the lead-in towards living within a cult lifestyle, especially after reading about his mother going into hiding.

It could be anyone.

Sounds like a lot of people I know.

According to "terrorism" doctrine he fits the profile of a potential "terrorist".

I am not saying he is one.

I am however stating how they're going to begin painting him out to be on top of other nonsense.

Hackers and crackers (criminal hackers).

I've never had much good to say about either.

This is not the movie "The Matrix" and Assange most certainly is not "Neo".

Hacking/cracking through telecommunications is illegal for a reason.

Who has not downloaded music or videos?

Just about everyone.

Without law and respect for it total chaos will ensue.

My thoughts on Government, are not anti-Government, nor am I anti-corporations, I am anti-corruption.

There's a fine line between all of that if you actually think about it for a moment.

Yes, Government's can and will abuse power, usually it is one, two, or three, or more politicians.

Yes, that can make it extend towards an entire organizational structure, or branch screwing the people.

Yes, corporations's can and will abuse power, usually it is one, two, or three, or more C.E.O's.

Yes, that can make it extend towards an entire company structure, or corporation screwing the people.

I can think of one in particular where I'll reference a book as a prime example :

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution?

That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners.

Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth.

"IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black.

"IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg."

The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project.

The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data.

Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort.

Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians?

Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when?

Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler.

He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany.

(Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.)

Black has created a must-read work of history.

But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation. --Tim Appelo

Has Assange ever published anything exposing the connections to Nazi's and American interests?

No clue.

I know Edwin Black has and I.B.M. is lamely trying to state Black's "methodology" is questionable.

Quote from : Wikipedia : I.B.M. and the Holocaust : Company Response

While not directly contradicting Black's evidence, IBM has questioned Black's research methodology and conclusions.

IBM indicates it does not have much information about this period or the operations of Dehomag, as most documents were destroyed or lost during the war.

IBM also claimed that a lawsuit, which was dismissed, was filed to coincide with the book launch.

In 2002, IBM disputed Edwin Black's claim that IBM is withholding materials regarding this era in its archives.

Nevertheless, IBM subsequently turned over a substantial portion of it corporate records of the period to academic archives in New York and Stuttgart, for review by independent scholars.

Nevertheless, Edwin Black in his article published in George Mason University's History News Network openly accused IBM advocates in a systematic elimination of references to IBM's role in the Holocaust in the Wikipedia article History of IBM.

My point in bringing I.B.M. up in this discussion about Assange is that our Government caught Thomas Watson assisting the Nazi's, they assisted in the German Census, through a cut-out/subsidiary, while around the same timeframe America was conducting our Census, using I.B.M. technology, yet I.B.M. is still in business today. So, I am giving a prime example of corruption manifested in keeping a company alive through usage of leverage over the corporation. Through this as well many other programs are being silently worked upon behind the scenes our Government does not want us to know about.

All of this is not only speaking of Assange and Wikileaks but the overall intent behind them.

There are just far better ways of finding information than the "Wikileaks" website.

Like going to a public library and doing some actual research through books readily available.

Yes, I know with the advent of the Internet, life crawls for some actually reading a book.

As well, I realize it takes a lot of books, to research, when one can go online and punch in a few words.

There is as well the online environment being updated more quickly than those books.

But, who exactly do you trust, when it comes to information?

A published book exposing information that someone authored, got paid for, and is distributed?

Or a website which any 12 year old can open up with their parents credit card and blast anything out?

All I am saying really here is you have to be extremely careful in the online environment.

Especially when it comes to information you allow into your head through your own interests.

Information is power, but power unchecked is easily corrupted, and original intent can be lost.

Careful.

Out there in the blogosphere, another Internet member has created a blog, and is sucking you in.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bab1daa41a0.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 12/3/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Internet freedom gun-sighted and yet no real impediment to Wiki-leaky. This plan is so nefarious, strategically brilliant, & psycho-sociologically masterful that it really does lead one to consider that a supernaturally aided Occultic NWO elite might not be all that far-fetched after all.

You continue to do some masterful work putting puzzle pieces together burntheships! S&F

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I appreciate your comments.

Its a fast paced Whack a Mole type of amusement park game...best way to describe it at the moment.

Think about this, where did Wikileaks start out? Iceland?

Was it ever U.S. based?

It is inconcievable to think that Lieberman can make a phone call, and cut off Wikileaks.
Well actually that he was so open about his actions is shocking.

Under which office was he acting, The Chair of Homeland Security? (most likely not)
Senator?

And we the people are left with this puzzle. What in the world is going on?

And not that I agree with what Wikileaks has done...

And this does not even take into account that The Pentagon has allowed this to go on for years.

edit on 4-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The current WL debacle could do far more than just end net neutrality,
I've said it on other threads but I feel it bears repeating.

Possible results:
Ending net neutrality
Create artificial tensions between nations
Catching patriotic or ethically minded people who submit material to WL
Dividing the internet conspiracy theorists and 911 truth movement.
Ending the careers of public or military officials the PTB want removed.
and that's the short list.......

The fallout from this could be very far reaching indeed.
Time will tell.
As always, great thread Burntheships
Your research is much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that the WL release could be used as excuse for a collapse of the western monetary system.
Why shouldn't they milk this gambit for all they can?
That would be a grand situation.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I do think we are at the brink. I see the cyber wars exploding....
Wikileaks has been at the heart of many wars the last few years.

Amazon at the behest of Lieberman shuts Wikileaks off.
Just in the last few days...PayPal shuts assange off.

Now, there is an attack on Pay Pal.

Its the classic Hegelican dialectic played right out in front of us.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.

“We are on the verge of a Global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” – David Rockefeller to the United Nations Business Council on September 23, 1994

“For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” – David Rockefeller, Memoirs, 2002

www.qwealthreport.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bd50bb46c3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Those manipulating world events are a brotherhood cult that hides behind many names, th
e CIA being one. Even their own flesh and blood is not safe.

"Ordo Ab Chao"-- order out of chaos.

Create the chaos, pitting anyone against anyone while controlling and fomenting both sides; the double headed red phoenix symbol.

They use whatever menas, reason, even killing or exposing their own, to create an illogical madness that they think only they can see through and understand.

All the while they are manipulating world governments
Just take a look at the headlines dominating todays interent.

Its a mass cyber war. Exactly what kind of order can come out of this chaos?
You got it.

A clamp down on the Internet.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you will want to see this video. It really does delve quite a bit deeper than any other investigation.

This one is an mind blowing!!! Think, the Boys of Brazil!

Watch the whole Video, its worth the 18 minutes.

1:13 minutes there is a picture of the children that were in the Anne Hamilton -Byrne Cult.
www.news.com.au...

One looks just like Assange. Just look at 1:13 into the video, you will see the unmistakeable resemblence.

edit on 31-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Even if the internet got shut down as a result of this, it wouldn't mean this was a plot...

Cause and effect. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by c1172558

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes a plan is a plan.
Not all plans are plots, and not all plots are conspiracies.

Sometimes, its just plain old fate.

When Assange was eight, Claire left her husband and began seeing a musician, with whom she had another child, a boy. The relationship was tempestuous; the musician became abusive, she says, and they separated. A fight ensued over the custody of Assange’s half brother, and Claire felt threatened, fearing that the musician would take away her son. Assange recalled her saying, “Now we need to disappear,” and he lived on the run with her from the age of eleven to sixteen. When I asked him about the experience, he told me that there was evidence that the man belonged to a powerful cult called the Family—its motto was “Unseen, Unknown, and Unheard.” Some members were doctors who persuaded mothers to give up their newborn children to the cult’s leader, Anne Hamilton-Byrne. The cult had moles in government, Assange suspected, who provided the musician with leads on Claire’s whereabouts. In fact, Claire often told friends where she had gone, or hid in places where she had lived before.

Read more www.newyorker.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e083d95d6fc.jpg[/atsimg][

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join