It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks; The Setup To End Free Speech On The Internet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Senator Lieberman, who is the Chair of Homeland Security wants pressure put on companies to not host Wikileaks.

Agree, or not, with Wikileaks or Lieberman,
it is very obvious that if a drama is playing out, it serves a purpose to those in power.

Lieberman made one phone call, and Amazon cut off Wikileaks.

The announcement came from Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee. Lieberman said in a statement that Amazon's "decision to cut off Wikileaks now is the right decision and should set the standard for other companies Wikileaks is using to distribute its illegally seized material."

www.businessinsider.com...

Yet just days ago, he said Wikileaks was not a "terrorist organization".

"Normally, we reserve that designation for groups that fit the traditional definition of terrorism, which is that they are using violence to achieve a political end,"

thehill.com...

Ask the question...Why the contradiction then?

IMO, the explanation is it is serving its purpose.
This is critcal in understanding how this will all play out.
edit on 2-12-2010 by burntheships because: To better communicat the premise of the thread

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

so, no proof of criminal activity, no court proceedings, no due process....................

just 1 phone call from a senator, and poof..............no internet??

how long before this starts happening to the average joe????????????

S&F
edit on 2-12-2010 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

burn the ships..........just curious, what is your take on this??

how does this jibe with your informative post earlier on boondocks OP??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

You just had to ask that didnt you.

Ok...then, since you asked.

Its my opinion that this is a Drama being played out and it serves a purpose for those in high power.
Not all of the players know the desired outcome. Only those who will frame it in the end.

Wikileaks has been in operation for years. I think that timing is everything in these large power games.
Wikelealks obviously agrees, as they time the releases and release them in bunches. They dont have to operate that way. And they have far more information than they release. So think about that.

And on the flip side, The U.S. has allowed Wikileaks to go on and release this information.

If they wanted to The Pentagon would have taken the site down long ago. They said so today.
"We decided not to"
www.mediaite.com...

The stated reasoning?

really, the documents aren’t going to hurt us that much.

Ok...so really?

There is more, and I think this is a good opener.

Ponder this...

But, at the end of the day, it does not, at least over the long term, adversely impact America’s power or prestige. Secretary Gates just does not buy into that. People don’t do business with America necessarily because they like us or even trust us. They do business with us because they must. We are the last, one, remaining, indispensable power.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

thanks for the quick response....

I'm still confused though, sen. liebermans actions, how do they help this dis-info, or are you saying that the sen. is not one of the in people??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thats the confusing thing for me. I always look at Joe lieberman as simply an Israeli agent in the US congress. If the wikileaks were so good for israel. Which they are pretty much, why did he shut them down? lol

Whatever

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am saying that he is, he is The Chair of DHS.

Its in the mainstream news, and watch this news blip, they go from Wikileaks, To Amazon, To
The Internet Czar in about 1 minute.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I still don't see the advantage for the opponents of TPTB???

that is what boon alluded too, correct?? that the leaks were really about the opponents of TPTB??

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There is no advantage for the opponents of TPTB.
It will all work together when they decide to draw the noose.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 2-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

thanks, burn the ships..

we will have to agree to disagree,

I see this as opposed to your point of view from earlier????

I have an idea, maybe you could post the clip on the other clip, and then tie it in???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Its my opinion that this is a Drama being played out and it serves a purpose for those in high power.

exactly !!!!
It's Wikileaks Soap Opera 101
I can tell from looking at his eyes
he was lying. Lieberman is right brained
and he accessed the left side to answer
the talking points. It's a script played
out for the media.

nice thread burntheships
star & flag

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

How do you see it as a conradiction?
I dont see a contradiction at all.

I dont recall saying in the other thread that the Goverment should shut Wikileaks down.
Even if I dont think the motives if Wikileaks is above board, I would not advocate that
our senators should have the power Lieberman exercised.

Edit to add, yes I will quote my comments from the other thread. I am happy to do so.
And I have changed the title to this thread to better communicate the premise of the OP.
edit on 2-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I don't know, something just dosen't seem right here??

you changed the title of the thread?? was it because it didn't fit your post from earlier??

and, how did boon just happen to show up, give you a bump, then disappear again?? you would think that he would at least visit his ACTIVE thread, maybe give shout out, or even answer some questions that have been lingering???

what, are you guys in the same office???? LOL LOL LOL

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, I edited the title. It happens here, since your fairly new.

Nothing sinister about a member posting in thread. At least his post was on topic.
Now, onto the posts from boons thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

While there are still unanswered questions, IMO there is substantial cause to
question the motives of the Wikileaks operation.

I use Muckety to see all of the connections to Soros.
www.muckety.com...

And here is Soros with Stevens in the mix.
www.muckety.com... ap

And I could add that the "strangeness" factor hit red yesterday.

Boon, and all....Cheers

Wikileaks...who is Wikileaks? Well this question has been thought provoking...here is what I have dugg up.
For all of you MSM fans, and its not news unless its mainstream I have searched far and wide and found you the
"gems" so you can stop with the "credible source" stuff.

The controversial website WikiLeaks, which argues the cause of openness in leaking classified or confidential documents, has set up an elaborate global financial network to protect a big secret of its own—its funding...

In response, the site has established a complex system for collecting and disbursing its donations to obscure their origin and use, Mr. Assange said. Anchoring the system is a foundation in Germany established in memory of a computer hacker who died in 2001.
online.wsj.com...

From there...we find the German Hacker
German über-Hacker Dies
Jul 30 2001

In Western Berlin, in the offices of the left-wing daily "die tageszeitung," fringe computer hobbyists are sitting at a conference table, sharing their knowledge of early computers and computer networks.

They followed the call of Wau Holland, a bearded, balding man in dungarees who looks more like an eco-warrior than an electronics enthusiast. The assembled group is about to found the Chaos Computer Club and go down in computing history....Read today, Holland’s editorial that appeared in the first issue of CCC’s magazine "Datenschleuder" back in 1984 appears almost visionary. For him and for the CCC, the computer was already not merely a technology but "the most important new medium." He held that "all existing media will be increasingly networked through computers, a networking which creates a new quality of media."

The first and foremost goal of the hackers’ association was to promote this new medium, by "distributing wiring diagrams and kits for cheap and universal modems." What should have earned the CCC a medal for the advancement of the information society, however, got him in conflict with the arcane German telecom law.
.......An online condolence book for Holland has over 450 entries so far.

themilitarystandard.com...

That establishes the fact that the foundation established for Wikileaks funding is The Wau Holland Foundation.

From there, we can find Soros, who has a jaded and dark history, that is not published much on the net. But, he is not the squeaky clean do good that some think.

Soros may be the biggest political fat cat of all time. Convicted in France of insider trading, Soros specializes in weakening or collapsing the currencies of entire nations for his own selfish interests. He is known as the man who broke the Bank of England. His power is such that his statements alone can cause currencies to go up or down....

The media consistently ignore the fact that this so-called “philanthropist” has had several brushes with the law as he has laid siege to national economies and currencies. Hard-working U.S. businessmen understand how Soros has made his money. In protesting a Soros appearance hosted by the University of Toledo, Edwin J. Nagle III, president and CEO of the Nagle Companies, highlighted “the immoral and unethical means by which he achieved his wealth.” He added, “I certainly didn’t see included in his bio the stories on how he collapsed whole country’s currencies for his own self interests so that many may suffer.”

Here, Soros signed a consent decree in United States District Court, in a Securities and Exchange Commission case involving stock manipulation, and was fined $75,000 by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for holding positions “in excess of speculative limits.” Stories about Soros rarely, if ever, mention any of his legal problems
....Soros has categorically denied receiving money from drug cartels or any form of criminal activity. The fact remains, however, that at least some of his financial operations have been based offshore, in banking and financial centers that are widely reported to be considered conducive to money-laundering. The Soros fund is based in the Netherlands Antilles, a self-governing federation of five Caribbean islands. A CIA factbook describes the region as “a transshipment point for South American drugs bound for the US and Europe; money-laundering center.”

www.aim.org...

And finally, the clincher.

The linchpin of WikiLeaks's financial network is Germany's Wau Holland Foundation. WikiLeaks encourages donors to contribute to its account at the foundation, which under German law can't publicly disclose the names of donors. Because the foundation "is not an operational concern, it can't be sued for doing anything. So the donors' money is protected, in other words, from lawsuits," Mr. Assange said.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Is wiki leaks over even if assange is caught? I highly doubt it. Any thoughts?

Op. I do believe this is to cut our freedom. Perhaps that is what the U.s. did to hype Wleaks

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

That is a good question my freind.
It could go either way...I think. If Wikileaks is serving some nefarious purpose, if accomplished they
might move on to the next step. Or, they could use it to further the next step.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That is a good question my freind.
It could go either way...I think. If Wikileaks is serving some nefarious purpose, if accomplished they
might move on to the next step. Or, they could use it to further the next step.

Call it good or bad I am 50/50 about Wikileaks. I disbelieve it and I buy it at the same time. I also notice that wikileak info is now dumped in a James Bond movie. Filled with pictures/youtube video and announcement on all news channel. for a secret operation they sure are trying hard to get caught. Although, the chase is fun and I do hope more is released before all is shut down. IMO all politics causes war more than religion. Why do I say that? Most wars were started during a time where separation of state and church did not exist.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes, for an organization that is all about "transparency, and openess" Wikileaks is closed, and secret.
And not that I know much about the charges against assange, I have to say this....
No one can run from the law. He must face his accusers.
He may think he is above the law by way of his Wikeleaks site, and the leaks. But the charges are another matter.

Your observation about war is spot on. I am not so sure that is not one of the desired outcomes from
all of the leaked cables.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Your observation about war is spot on. I am not so sure that is not one of the desired outcomes from
all of the leaked cables.

Well, I believe that major embarrassment would be great throughout the middle east and more so far east. How much more # can china take from us? Not to mention that food prices are suppose to rise high during 2011. China has enough power to shut down the United States. (through stock) (check out 12 hours dollar crumbles on youtube). or something like that. It is clear that we are in a great change right now and 2012 has yet to come. I feel things are very different since wikileaks

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yes, it seems that the events have sped up. I think that many of the leaks have potential to cause change for good.
I am certainly not for an internet kill switch, but hey who needs that when we have Leiberman in place.

And you notice that assange called for Hillary Clintons resignation, but yet has not said one word about
Lieberman choking Amazon.

I am no fan of Clinton, however I find it suspicious Assange called for her resignation, and her alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join