It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Turkey official says Israel behind wikileaks release.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Senior Turkey official says Israel behind wikileaks release.

www.haaretz.com

“Documents were released and they immediately said, ‘Israel will not suffer from this.’ How did they know that?” Celik asked.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I must say that I have to agree with him. Ever since this last wikileaks transmission started, there has been a wiki-love fest at Harretz. I think there are lots of israeli spies in the US that freely give this stuff to wikileaks to help their agenda. I know AIPAC was accused of spying, not sure what happened to that case.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Because the Israel intelligence is more paranoid and doesn't discuss openly with US ambassadors ? Probably they know of and fear the incompetence of the US administration. Maybe they have a direct line to to the white house, no need to go through the whole communication chain. ;-) ?
edit on 2-12-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is the game of open poker now.
Secret channels are obviously choked...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This is more Muslim scapegoating of the Joooos. If anything unfavorable happens to a Muslim radical, you can bet the Joooos did it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes yes, ever since wikilieaks came out with something that didnt cast soldiers in the ME in a bad light or didnt condemn Isreal or the US it has to be the work of a secret agency........

I love how everyone flops over when the leaks dont conform to their belief system.......

Before when they released everything everyone talked about how they couldnt control the information they got , they just released it.

Now it has to be the work of someone covert!

Pathetic
edit on 2-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Out of all the possibilities, this possibility to me seems more likely than the others. Another countries secret agency leaked the documents to wikileaks, selecting which documents to leak to further their own objectives. That make most sense based on what is contained in the documents. However, I still will reserve my judgment until all the documents are released.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with an Israeli plot and everything to do with the relationship between Israel and the rest of the world - namely, the U.S. The U.S. understands that Israel is looking out for its best interests first (and Israel has made this quite clear to us) and Israel understands that the U.S. is not looking to blow them off the face of the Earth.

It doesn't matter what our intel suggests about them or doesn't suggest - almost all interactions between the U.S. and Israel are under the pretense that Israel has something to gain from it, or they wouldn't bother. Their intel agents are constantly looking at what goes on in other countries and forming their own opinions - it's how the game is played.

The difference between Israel and a number of other countries is that Israel's diplomats are not just hot air - and are usually associated closely (if not part of) the Israeli intelligence services. That generally means their feelings won't be too hurt when they find out they have been being sized up by other countries.

There is also the fact that Israel and the U.S. share a lot of information - 'damage control' for the leaked documents took place as soon as it was known what was leaked - months before this release and hooplah over it.

top topics

join