It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican scientists urge support for engineered crops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

My friend the more your search the more you learn, It seems that Monspanto I mean monsanto has been receiving the holy comunion at the Vatican since early March 2009 gathering support for their crops.

In the unholy alliance has been very well planned.

Monsanto Hanging Out at the Vatican, Funding School Science Programs in Britain
GM hijacks Vatican in unholy alliance
Seed funding
By John Vidal
The Guardian - UK, May 20, 2009.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The goal of Monspanto, I mean Monsanto is to control all the seeds in the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by sara123123

I would have to ask of them, how they came to see GMO as the solution? We already have done the math over and over, and there is no reason OTHER THAN COMMERCE why people (in large demographic groups) are suffering from endemic hunger and starvation.

Rather than admit that COMMERCE has driven the moral component of business into the gutter, they are yeilding to it. I find that notion somewhat repulsive.

It is very much akin to creating huge enterprises to gather 'billions in charity' and somehow STILL not making any significant headway aginst the evil....
It is my opinion, and I offer it with some trepidation, that they WANTED to be convinced..... and that probability leads me to ask WHY? Personal gain perhaps? Or could it be an even less human motivation? These and other such questions are of course rhetorical. I don't expect we will ever be told.

Are you proposing some global communal system for food production and distribution? Come on. I hope you are not proposing that sure way to starve the world to death.

edit on 2-12-2010 by sara123123 because: (no reason given)

You mean people will starve if they are left on their own to produce their own food? I guess we should just continue along this scam where we are provided with food from who knows where and we are expected to eat it because the free market is the answer to everything.

Industrialization of food as being more productive than traditional agriculture is a myth. It is proven that we can grow much more natural and better food for much cheaper than this industrialized GARBAGE that we are forced to buy in stores. There is a reason why we are coerced into buying this crap, it is because large corporations like Monsanto profit from it and they don't profit from self-sufficient society. So industrialized society is stripped of its ability to survive on its own and is forced to rely on genetically modified food.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

is demanding a relaxation of "excessive, unscientific regulations" for approving GM crops

Um from what I've been reading the regulations are already paper thin and almost non existent.
So they are proposing a free for all social experiment without any safety check and balances?

If so, I wonder if the Vatican will pay compensation to those poor people when they either get ill or their children are born with genetic defects? No probably not.
And if not, the Vatican scientific advisors should STFU unless the Vatican itself is prepared to put it's money where it's mouth is

And scientists don't "have the right to be stewards of God" at all. If they read his word at all, they'd realise that he was quite satisfied with the world and everything he created. Why would he allow these upstarts to mess with perfection? Idiots.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Are you proposing some global communal system for food production and distribution? Come on. I hope you are not proposing that sure way to starve the world to death.

No, I agree that would be unfruitful. Global communal anything betrays the nature of human population dynamics and culture. Besides, we've tried the whole communism trash before and found that people put in positions of trust simply allow themselves to be corrupted by impunity and power, leading to oligarchical rule and stealth class-ism by virtue of 'party' membership.

In fact, what I would propose is not quite the solution the industrialized community would like at all. That they (and frankly all commercial activity) self-regulate and limit their profit objectives to something lass than "Robber-Baron" levels.

The trade structures and commercial code of the planet are being institutionalized just as the IRS was institutionalized in our country; it will become an unapproachable and untouchable doctrine of governance. And the architects are the same folks who established the supranational banking cartel we see represented in almost every nation's central reserve bank.

The usefulness of influencing the world via the military industrial complex is waning, moving to control food and water is the next logical step to maintain indirect control.

I have no illusions about being able to personally combat such developments. But I will not acquiesce to the mental gyrations we are being indoctrinated into unquestioningly accepting.... like "the right and moral duty" to genetically alter lifeforms we evolved (or were created) to rely upon for nutrition.

Every time some leader tells us we cannot undertake some program to improve the human condition because "it is too costly" remember.... someone set the price. It's never "too costly"... it's always a matter of someone wanting outrageous profit.... because "it's their right."

GMO crops are headed that way.... the idea is to create the illusion that this monopoly is our salvation.... down that path lies madness.

Why isn't it a human right to have access to food? I mean, we establish these "rights" by fiat... our own desire.... shouldn't the ability to control whether I starve or not be one of them? According to Big Agro it's their right to fundamentally change what we eat..... because we can then feed the poor.... at what point did they start feeding the poor?..... not yet? why not? ..... PROFIT.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Condoms are bad, GMO is good - sounds paradoxical.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Vatican is an organization like Monsanto, they're both vile and against the nature of mankind. One corners the faith market, the other corners the food market.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join