It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant i fly anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Recently over drinks with freinds the subject of dreams and then flying dreams arose, out of the six of us two had
experienced flying dreams myself and my mates girlfriend.

The similarities were many, the ones i recall are;
1, the dreams were extremely vivid.
2, the dreams differed slightly each time.
3, we never ventured far from home.
4, the flying part seemed natural.
5, a very relaxing and enjoyable feel.
6, they ceased around the age of 11.
The only other similarity between us is our black-Irish heritage.
So id like to know have you had similar dreams?
Were you an adult, if so why cant i?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Yep I had those too.
I used to step out of my window and fly over my school feeling really exhilarated and exited.
I can't remember the last time I had one, 11 sounds about right

Edit to add
I do have some Irish on my mothers side, I'm white though
edit on 30-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I've dreamt of flying for as long as I can remember...still do.

It can be both liberating and scary.

Mostly, I love it though!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Wow, awesome im so jealous!
Please tell me more, how often and how long do they last?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I`m 46 and still have flying dreams. Maybe it has something to do with your state of mind nowadays. Are you generally happy or stressed alot about life in general?

link   
irish celtic decent... i also dreamed of flying, but i was clipped. i could only hover just above the ground!

almost every night. i can still remember the effort i would exert trying to get higher.

i could also breathe underwater! had alot of those dreams.

oh but for the workd of dreams to switch with the world of working for the man!

link   
snip
edit on 30-11-2010 by okamitengu because: double posts huh? alot of these today

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Dear lestweforget

As a kid I used to have a dream or a mistaken memory of levitating from a lying down position on the kitchen table.

Interestingly enough I had a dream which was very vivid of flying only recently, maybe I am returning to childhood.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

Thanks for your reply and concern, im generally pretty laid back but id be lying if i said i dont
stress. Some night flying may be a perfect remedy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I often have flying dreams. They are much better when they are lucid, which they usually are. I always have difficulty in controlling the motion. I'm afraid to go too high and would just as soon stay fairly close to the ground. Can't say as I've had one on the last few weeks (I flew REALLY about 20,000 miles this last month so that may be my quota!) but usually I have ione every couple of months.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My wife and I were just discussing this the other night. My flying dreams ended around my early teens, but what I remember is so vivid. I would be able to almost swim through the air to get higher, and it felt so free. I would like to attribute it to the carefree dreams of a child, and would love to get back to that state of mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Hi there Mac wouldnt it be great to return to our past at some stage, dont know much about levitation,
so you were flying around the other night, are you a "hoverer" or a "cruiser"?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hey there Schyler, 20,000 miles?
do you have an in-built odometer?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Nice edit to add there, "but your white", very funny!
I am white too.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

The only other similarity between us is our black-Irish heritage.

I read this as meaning that you had black and Irish heritage.

link   
Interesting how you both stopped having flying dreams at 11. I can't remember having flying dreams until I started taking Prozac around 2000. Then I started having what I call "Prozac dreams", which were so vivid I had trouble coming back to reality when I woke up.

Many of these dreams were of flying, and they were all similar in that I had to concentrate to get off the ground, and the higher I would go, the harder I'd have to concentrate. Funny thing was, once I was up, I didn't have to concentrate anymore. I'd actually have to concentrate to come back down.

One dream in particular I remember, was in my bed and I went up thru the roof (didn't crash, just went straight thru) and as I continued up, I remember looking down at the roof, then at the treetops as I went up, then at my city as I continued up. I decided to fly to the beach (about 4.5 hours driving time away), and to go faster, just had to concentrate harder. Once there, just hovered and looked at the ocean. Then I experimented going up higher and higher, until I was scared to go up any higher. A storm front was approaching, and I remember flying back home trying to beat the storm. I had to really concentrate so I'd go faster, since the storm was catching up to me. I was almost home when I woke up.

Many of my flying dreams also involved being at school. Several of them I'd be in the gym, floating up in the rafters, watching everyone below, and they didn't know I was up there. Others, I'd be flying thru the hallways, and the students would be watching me. Or I'd be outside, and start floating up, and I distinctly remember having to avoid power lines as I went up.

Still have the flying dreams, but much less frequently (I'm 41 now). Dreams aren't as vivid, though.

link   
I can only speak from personal experience, alot of what i dream has to do in some way with what I`ve seen in my life or thoughts on that day or preveous days. I once saw a actress I was rather fond of and decided to look her up online. I spent over an hour looking at pictures. She was in my dreams that night!!!! There have also been alot of other instances of these types of dreams following reality.
So here is an experiement for you. Go online and watch alot of videos (youtube) of lets say,hang gliding and paragliding. Watch the videos and picture yourself up in the clouds. Spend a couple of hours doing this and see if it has any effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
6, they ceased around the age of 11.

This is VERY normal and has a well known dream analysis explanation.

It involves real life stress levels. The more stressed you are in your waking life, the less you will be able to fly (if at all). The more carefree your life is, the higher you will be able to fly and the more effortlessly. So it is very common for people to be able to fly high and effortlessly as a child then once real life responsibilities enter their life that go along with age, flying in dreams becomes more difficult and can even completely stop.

As a small child, I could effortlessly fly above mountains and clouds. As an older child, I could still get relatively high but it would take more effort. As a teenager I would really be struggling to make it more than a few inches above the ground. As an adult, my 'flying' dreams (if you can even call them that) revolve around me trying to fly in front of a group of people, failing miserably, and trying to convince them I really used to be able to fly.

So it is pretty common. As we age, life bears down on us more. That can transfer to how carefree and 'weightless' we feel in our dreams.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Dear lestweforget

The other night is was just sorta walking through the air going past people still on the ground thinking they must notice that I am in the air above them. That is about all I remember but it felt real good. I would love to think it was a premonition of things to come.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Also wanted to add I took the pill to quit smoking (chantix) it causes really weird dreams like nothing before!!!!! It is listed as a side affect on the warning label.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join