It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why Julian Assange needs to be silenced...the moron

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Onegovernment

wow, did somebody wake up on the wrong side of a conspiracy???

2nd

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We will not tolerate it no more.

Your HS diploma is calling... never mind, wrong number...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Originally posted by fredcall
China simply solved the whole Assangria problem by recently announcing that Wikileaks is blocked from entering the domain of any Chinese computer anywhere in China. See how simple that problem was taken care of by North Korea's bigger brother.

Yeah, that's the solution, right? Censor and sanitize every expression of free speech, right? Nope, doesn't do it for me. Better to have transparency and since no government, even my own while advocating it, wants transparency wistle-blowers and wikileaks is the way to go, me thinks. I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt it.

For as long as you are blessed with, and continue to abuse the First Amendment, you will always have the thought that your thoughts are right.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
just heard on bbc news in their paper review that Scotland Yard know where he is but haven't being asked to arrest him.

hopefully those pesky students have them distracted.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As President Jimmy Carter wisely stated:"We cannot be both the world's leading champion of peace and the world's leading supplier of the weapons of war."

Or, as Dennis Miller put it:"Jimmy Carter is Rip Taylor without the confetti."

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashwhy

just heard on bbc news in their paper review that Scotland Yard know where he is but haven't being asked to arrest him.

hopefully those pesky students have them distracted.

Nobody of any significance in America is reading Wikileaks. And the people riding camels don't have computers.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

In his headlong race to make the U.S. look bad, this idiot is exposing conversations that could lead to widespread wars.

China is opening up...PRIVATELY...to the west about the menace that is North Korea...even suggesting that Korea should be unified with South Korea taking the lead. They...in the leaked documents...refer to Kim as a "spoiled child".

How do such revelations aide in having China acting as an agent of compromise...in working behind the scenes to moderate the reactions of a crazy despot and his heir.

Assange is a shallow thinking idiot that needs to be stopped before his egotistical crusade gets a few million...or billion...people killed.

How do you suppose Kim is thinking tonight, NOW knowing that his supposed ally is working in the background to end his legacy after his death? Might he be less...or more...inclined (as the sociopathic mass murderer that he is) to just go ahead and set the peninsula on fire?

Arrest Assange now...if for nothing else than possession of stolen property...before he gets us all killed.

www.cbc.ca...

Don't shoot the messenger. Truth is truth! If America or China or any other country doesn't want trouble then they shouldn't be so evil and underhanded. If America didn't want all of this trouble the shouldn't have done any of it. After all, the tax layers are not paying Clinton to be a feminist tyrant representing our country. She is supposed to be a decent statesMAN and make our country look good. I am not sure how she keeps getting the positions but I wish she would just go away. I am sick of seeing, man-women like her and Janet Reno and that supreme court justice joke and all the rest. All the guy did was reveal to the world the truth. If America don't like it, then change what the truth is and when I say "change", I mean for the better.........OBAMA!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wikileaks revealed what everyone of importance already knows: Saudi Arabia is backing Israel in taking out the Iranian nuclear facilities. What difference does it make that the formerly uninformed now know the story?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Whoops!! Looks like the gig is up for Judy Assangria. Is he going into hiding in Tora Bora with Osama? News in the morning............................

European police on alert for Wikileaks founder
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

Like many, you seem to think Assange alone = WikiLeaks. He may eventually go down for the cause but the cause will remain intact. Remove this face and it will be replaced by another.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Quite a number of people here seem to be confused about certain things:

1) What freedom of speech is...and what it is not.
2) In a free society, we have privacy rights too.
3) In the West, the USA included, we have a web of laws...meant to be in accordance with our respective overriding constitutions...which detail what is - and is not - permissible at the detail level of human activity.
4) Governments have a fundamental responsibility to protect their own people, and to further the interests of the people they have been elected to represent...or preside over.
5) People, Families, Social Groups, Companies and Governments have the right to intellectual property. They have a right to create ideas, document those ideas, classify those ideas in terms of who within their organization can have access to those ideas, and to restrict or prohibit the dissemination of those ideas outside of the organization.

Where to begin...

In the free societies of the world, and I know you can argue that our freedom is far from perfected, so lets say in the relatively free societies of the world...one is allowed to say (or write, or broadcast) whatever one wishes, with certain limits like "hate speech", or libel/slander, etc.. We can stand on top of a soap box and say that we think our President, or Prime Minister...or whomever...is wrong. We can protest against laws, or policies we think are unjust or unfair...etc. We can lobby for change...we can lobby and work for an actual change in Government (the democratic process).

But, accepting stolen property, and then transmitting or transacting that stolen property in some fashion is not an expression of any constitutional right - and it is certainly not an expression of free speech. In this case, we are dealing with Classified documents that dealt with relations between the United States and multiple other nations. These were stolen...thereby Wikileaks was in possession of "hot" property. Morally and legally, they should have returned this information to its rightful owner.

Of course, they would not do this because their fundamental reason for being is to receive and published stolen intellectual property. They are, in real terms, a new form of organized crime (Please do not even try to suggest that Mr. Assange and his operatives are not profiting...earning their livings...from this illegal activity).

Now, the line becomes a little grey, if they were to come into the possession of information that seems to indicate evidence of behaviour that is itself criminal. They would then likely have an obligation to provide that information to law enforcement...so that an proper investigation could be launched and charges laid if appropriate.

In extreme cases, where the legal breech is extreme...and extremely obvious (and after competent independent legal advise)...and where it might be covered up rather than acted upon, a person might be motivated to release the information another way (say, as happened in Watergate).

This, of course, is not the case with this current dump of some 250,000 confidential/classified diplomatic documents. So far, I have seen no evidence whatsoever of criminal behaviour, even misconduct, on the part of the U.S. Government, or any of the other Governments who have had their private thoughts and counsel transmitted to the whole wide world.

The only criminal activity in evidence at this point, with regard to this leak, is the action of the treasonous individual(s) who provided these stolen materials to Wikileaks...and Assange's criminal decision to hold, retransmit and profit from the use of this this stolen property.

Of course, in my original post I have commented on the difficult position that these leaks (which reveal nothing of an illegal nature) have put China and the United States...and by extension (if Kim flips his wig) North Korea, South Korea, Japan and other neigbouring countries - and even more if any conflict there became broader.

And now there are complications in relations with Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Canada, Italy, France and Pakistan...among others. Irresponsible and criminal.

I guess I have to ask the assembled Wiki-boosters here the following:

1) Should Governments be allowed to have a system of classification of documents...Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, etc. If so, how should we handle people who break the laws associated with stealing and transmitting such protected information? If not, how should information off all sorts be handled and made public?
2) Should Military Organizations be allowed to keep secrets of any kind?
3) Should Police Forces and Intelligence Organizations be allowed to keep secrets?
4) Should Corporations be allowed to classify documents and business activities?
5) Should people, families and other forms of organization be allowed to keep their activities as private as they choose (within the context of all other laws of course)?

I am quite interested in learning about how the world would work under the New Wiki Order. Those who have been breathing fire on ATS about Assange's (and their) right to all of the information all of the time should be able to provide some insight I think.

Would we have cameras installed inside the Oval office, with a live internet feed?
Would the details of all military contingency plans be posted online as developed?
Would we have a "live feed" of all on-going criminal investigations underway by local and state police?
A full accounting, in real time, of all that the FBI, CIA and NSA are working on...naming names of course?
Full and free access to all secret weapons programs, and facilities...with public tours every weekend?

Looking forward to learning more about this new world we are headed for, if Assange et al have their way...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
rapists, murderers, thieves etc should be silenced..not Julian Assange...

give me a break

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
did u read Assange's rebuttal to the charges?

Both incidents were consensual sex
between 2 different women at different
times. Everything between them were
absolutely fine until they found out about
each other. Then they wanted revenge
on Assange. Wonder why it took over
a month after the incidents for those women
to come forward and press charges?
And BOTH at the same time !!!!
Sounds like a lil juicy payback
for the 2-timer does it not ???
And neither woman reported to
the hospital so a rape kit could
obtain DNA evidence. It's kinda
hard to get evidence a month later
after multiple showers.
The charges are trumped and trivial
compared to Assange's agenda.
I wouldn't waste my time showing
up either for a case like that. And that's
the reason why the charges against him
were initially dropped the first time.
Now Assange is the most wanted man
in the world. Why? Because he 2-timed
2 women in the same month.
That's not a crime !!!
That's 2 notches in the pistol grip.
Look before u leap,
It pays to investigate

The following information will certainly be of interest, then. First, a procedure of revenge which has been linked back to one of the women who filed the charges, and possibly invited him to Sweden. Interesting... follow a few of the links from that article and you'll find some additional eye-catching information.

If you look at what the woman in question outlined, and then look at how things are unfolding for Assange, you'll find a familiar pattern.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I would argue that if July Assangria is suddenly struck dead by a lightning bolt when there isn't a cloud in the sky, that even though he was a rather inventive computer tinkerer/hacker, he will be deemed in the end as an idiot.

Anybody can call anybody an idiot online, and frequently do. It's used so often on the Internet that the word has lost all of its meaning. I wonder how long it'll take before it's officially redefined to mean "epithet used to accuse someone the speaker does not personally agree with of having substantially less than the statistical average intelligence."

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoocares
rapists, murderers, thieves etc should be silenced..not Julian Assange...

give me a break

As noted in my last post, if there is obvious and compelling evidence of rape, murder or thievery in the leaked documents...then those individual documents might be put aside for presentation to the appropriate law enforcement authorities, and maybe a simple (sans detail) press release notifying the press that certain documents which allege a rape/murder/theft have been handed over. Then let the police and the press do their jobs.

Return all of the materials to the rightful owner without further action, gossip or transmission.

Are you aware of evidence of any discussion or evidence of rape, murder or theft in the 250,000 diplomatic documents leaked or about to be leaked?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
Like many, you seem to think Assange alone = WikiLeaks. He may eventually go down for the cause but the cause will remain intact. Remove this face and it will be replaced by another.

It's ceased to surprise me how few people have done any research on Wikileaks. It's certain that only a few have even heard of it prior to the Collateral Murder release. There is lots of information out there on how it was formed, what they've been up to, the interviews that have been given, even messages from a WL internal mailing list.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Come off it, when has the US ever done anything if it didn't put financial gain over human lives? Once again, proving that delusions and propaganda hold more weight over facts in the air-filled, drugged up, dumbed down minds of Americans.
edit on 30-11-2010 by allthegoodusernamestaken because: (no reason given)

AMEN! The arrogance of Americans has always dumbfounded me. The only reason they're still considered a world leader, is simple: Why would you take the funniest act off the stage?
Assange is clearly JUST a journalist, doing a journalists' job: Providing facts, to back up his arguements. I also agree that the US government isn't the only one with secret 'HATE' files on other world leaders. They're just too dumb to properly screen their employees. Weed out the ones who may leak info like this in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleNickels

I would argue that if July Assangria is suddenly struck dead by a lightning bolt when there isn't a cloud in the sky, that even though he was a rather inventive computer tinkerer/hacker, he will be deemed in the end as an idiot.

Anybody can call anybody an idiot online, and frequently do. It's used so often on the Internet that the word has lost all of its meaning. I wonder how long it'll take before it's officially redefined to mean "epithet used to accuse someone the speaker does not personally agree with of having substantially less than the statistical average intelligence."

Good point. It's a lazy thinker's epithet. Too lazy to spend the few minutes it would take to articulate what the typist doesn't like about Assange or what he and WikiLeaks are doing by pulling back the curtain to show us what, if any, clothes our "deciders" are wearing.

The epithet "idiot" is meaningless and its appearance usually signals the presence of a typist who has or in that moment is exercisng "substantially less than the statistical average intelligence".
edit on 12/2/2010 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join