It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Hitler was the Christian god?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

God and Hitler have the same character. They are both powerful and have power. They both think Jews are "The Synagogue of Satan". They both think that only one type of people will be saved and everyone else deserved to die and be thrown in fire. They both claim to be holy and to be fighting a battle. There are so many parallels.

I have absolutely no proof that the christian god (or any gods) actually exist but I'm saying that if the Christian God did exist, he'll be EXACTLY like Hitler.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But do you have any proof?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I'm saying that IF that god did exist, then judging by it's character, it'll be exactly like Hitler. It's an "what if" situation so it doesn't require proof.
edit on 2-12-2010 by arpgme because: I wanted to make my points clearer/

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
you Americans who are saying 'We kicked their nazi german a$$' just makes you fit your 'Yank' steryotype... You did not 'kick their ass'. Here are the war death figures. warchronicle.com...
You did not join the war until the December 8th 1941 so baisically 1942... Unlike all other countries during the war, you were unaffected by bombing on industry and cities, this meant the backbone of your army was not under constant threat by axis forces meanign you wernt constantly struggling just to make enough engines for planes, or recovering from major factories being bombed. Us Brits and the rest of Europe cannot express how much we appreciated your precence against the nazis on the european front but this 'We Won the War and saved you all' attitude makes people forget what you did do and instead consentrate on correcting your self claimed glory.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stimmy

I agree. Britain had more damage than America. America didn't have any damage except Pearl Harbor. Britain was getting beat until they made the radar to sense airplanes from far away, and that was an awesome idea because they really kicked ass after that. Also, thanks to the radar it lead to a lot more practice uses too. So thanks Britain and I'm NOT one of those Americans who think we saved everyone. It was definitely a group effort.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes actually you do need proof for your argument to be logical. Here's why.

What IF Hitler wasn't God and instead just a murderer and what IF God doesn't exist? My what IF is more valid than yours. According to Occam's razor your explanation is the more complicated one because it requires the existence of a God which we have no evidence of where my explanation does not require a God and only requires a murderer and war criminal. We have scientific evidence that murderers and war criminals exist. So your explanation requires the existence of something that we have no evidence of, where mine does not.

Logically we have to assume you're wrong when we apply Occam's razor. The simpler explanation is simply that he was a war criminal. This is why you require proof for your argument to be logical. Because a simpler explanation already exists that explains the observed behavior. For you to put forth a logical argument for your more complicated assumption you must present evidence that my simpler explanation hasn't already explained.

Now if we didn't know what the answer was and we were just guessing. That's one thing. But when you already have an explanation for an observed phenomenon it is illogical to propose a more complex explanation without evidence when a simpler explanation with evidence already explains what we observe.

So while it is a what if, it's an illogical what if. What have you observed that could not be explained by the simpler explanation? Nothing, Hitler simply could have been a murderer and war criminal. Therefore, that is the more logical argument unless you can point to something that my theory cannot explain by itself.

So, what's the point of the thread?

Sure, you can what IF all day. You can what IF a pink unicorn is flying around in my closet? I can what IF you're Satan and trying to trick us all? After all, if would fit his character right? We can what if about a lot of things, but that doesn't mean it's logical to do so.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Even if a flying pink unicorn does not exist in reality, based on the mythical creature of the unicorn, I can just use common sense and imagine how a pink and flying one would look like and I would answer your "What if" hypothetical question. That is what a hypothetical question is, it doesn't require proof or evidence, it's based on surmise.

Just like that, the christian god doesn't have to exist for you to know what I'm talking about. You know about his murderous characteristics based on the bible (whether or not it is true).

edit on 2-12-2010 by arpgme because: To put more emphasis into my thought.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
why have we not connected Satan and hitler? what happen to that analogy? Well, anti christians enjoy distorting those with faith. Is this a problem for real christians? nah, it is called opinion and free will.
So now what?
Why not Satan?

Forces that are beyond an atomic level(resounce vibration) have been ruling and manipulating Earth's history for Eons and no one sees it. Yes, it is difficult to see. How about you accept the way things are now and watch the ride. If life is conscious why not Death?
edit on 2-12-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But you do require proof for your argument to be logical. Without it's just an illogical assumption and therefore a waste of everyone's time. We already have a better more logical explanation. Your illogical what if assumes my logical what if is wrong when you haven't proven anything wrong with it.

So you don't need proof, but without it, you're just ranting illogically. What's the point?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well I don't believe in Jesus in any shape or form. If you or anyone else wants Jesus to be Adolf Hitler then you can. Satan is an Angel in my book and never can do anything but tempt!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Well I don't believe in Jesus in any shape or form. If you or anyone else wants Jesus to be Adolf Hitler then you can. Satan is an Angel in my book and never can do anything but tempt!

You accept satan but not Jesus? I am confused about that one...

Anyways, it should be clearly thought through that many believe in possession where satan~N~friends inhibit a person through spirit. Again, this is clearly stated as belief.

I disagree fully what the OP believes/thought

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I use Satan as a metaphor. I believe what the Jews call Satan. Which he is an Angel and cannot be evil. Because Angels have no freewill.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I use Satan as a metaphor. I believe what the Jews call Satan. Which he is an Angel and cannot be evil. Because Angels have no freewill.

His role was important. Some may say he even rivaled Michael. He was the "light bearer" Or consciousness in other words.

If you do not buy that then who is the great deceiver in Job?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't want to derail this thread. The person named Lucifer is actually a named associated with a Babylon King.

“Lucifer” (light-bearer)is a generic title referring to the morning star (Venus). As such, it has been used throughout history to refer to Satan, Christ, and others. With this in mind, Isaiah 14:12 starts out “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!”. Taken as a separate verse, this appears to refer to the battle of angels – however, the PASSAGE starts at Isaiah 12:4 “Thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon” and towards the end is Isaiah 14:22 “For I will rise up against them saith the Lord of hosts, and cut of from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, Saith the Lord.” Thus Lucifer in the Old Testament refers to some unnamed Babylonian king.

Source
I view Angels how a Jew will angels. Angels have no freewill and never will revolt against God.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't want to derail this thread. The person named Lucifer is actually a named associated with a Babylon King.

“Lucifer” (light-bearer)is a generic title referring to the morning star (Venus). As such, it has been used throughout history to refer to Satan, Christ, and others. With this in mind, Isaiah 14:12 starts out “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!”. Taken as a separate verse, this appears to refer to the battle of angels – however, the PASSAGE starts at Isaiah 12:4 “Thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon” and towards the end is Isaiah 14:22 “For I will rise up against them saith the Lord of hosts, and cut of from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, Saith the Lord.” Thus Lucifer in the Old Testament refers to some unnamed Babylonian king.

Source
I view Angels how a Jew will angels. Angels have no freewill and never will revolt against God.

Thanks for the insight. It is always great to see what other people accept/believe/think instead of a piss fit religious debate

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You also mentioned earlier about Job. I believe Angels were named in Daniel first. Satan is traditionally the Angel who is a Tempter. When Satan was Tempting Jesus. Jesus knew Satan was a tempter. I believe there is another Angel who's job is to kill.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by arpgme

But you do require proof for your argument to be logical. Without it's just an illogical assumption and therefore a waste of everyone's time. We already have a better more logical explanation. Your illogical what if assumes my logical what if is wrong when you haven't proven anything wrong with it.

So you don't need proof, but without it, you're just ranting illogically. What's the point?

This is what I WANT to discuss and so I'm free to do so. If you don't like it then just leave the thread!

Romantic Rebel, so do you believe in the old testament? What are your beliefs, exactly? Just curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join