It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery - December 2nd 2pm E.S.T.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EST On Dec. 2

www.nasa.gov...

Well, well, well - and what have we here??

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe. The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at www.nasa.gov.... Participants are: - Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology Program, NASA Headquarters, Washington - Felisa Wolfe-Simon, NASA astrobiology research fellow, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, Calif. - Pamela Conrad, astrobiologist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. - Steven Benner, distinguished fellow, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla. - James Elser, professor, Arizona State University, Tempe

Could this really be it this time?

December 2nd @ 2pm! I can't wait! What do you folks think?
edit on 11/30/2010 by impaired because: fooey

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Fingers crossed this is what we've all been waiting for.

could it be this easy.. or will we be left with nothing as is most often the case?

roll on 2nd Dec.
edit on 30-11-2010 by 7anked because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7anked

Fingers crossed this is what we've all been waiting for.

could it be this easy..

roll on 2nd Dec.

Not to speculate or anything, but it seems pretty clear cut that they've found something - just by the words "an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life". I'm putting bets on either that meteor they've found in '95 or '96 (in Antarctica), microbes on Mars or Microbes on Europa.

This very well may be the breaking of the ice and the start of a paradigm shift. Exciting times we live in!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Sorry guys - there is indeed another thread about this. Please close this one, Mods. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I hope your right. I've always believed there is life out there in the vastness of space. it would be odd if theres isnt
anything

Guess the only thing we can do is wait. to be honest we've been let down so many times so im not about to loose sleep over this one.

But all i can say the sooner the better!

S&F thanks sharing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
More than likely, this will be one of those major let-down experiences.

I suspect the conference will boil down to one of these examples:

"We discovered a new type of chemical compound that could allow life to blah blah blah in the vacuum of space."

"A new theory of astrobiology has been developed after the discovery of never before seen microbes found on a recently recovered meteorite."

"A recent NASA probe has found evidence that inter-stellar radiation may not be as strong as once thought, which underscores the plausibility of extraterrestrial life."

"Thank you all for coming. Unfortunately, we really don't have anything interesting to say. We just wanted to keep everyone's interest so that our funding doesn't go away."

Would love to be wrong...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

When you make a statement like that.. Would be good if you provide a link..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just a conferance to tell us that micro-organisms can survive in extreme environs and that the Rhea moon 'may' have these simple celled lifeforms.
There will be NO definitive answer on advanced life, such as what we'd class as Aliens or EBE's.so please don't get your hopes up from Never A Straight Answer.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Duplicates HERE and HERE

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join