It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this WIKILEAKS has taught us ANYTHING, it is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
that we here at ATS are doing a DAMN good job of political/military disclosure with our own sources.

80% of what I've heard in the MSM news, of what's been leaked, has certainly not in the least bit been "news" to me and for that... I thank the ATS crew and forums. As mentioned, if this proves anything it's that has ATS has validity amongst news leaders like AP, REUTERS, FOX, CNN etc...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I have certainly been impressed by the research and discovery and analysis around here, more than a few times. We need to get rid of the "I am god" and "ww3 starts at 5:42 and 12 seconds!!" posts though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree. ATS is truly a superior news source.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You're welcome. You know, I try.. i try.

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
that we here at ATS are doing a DAMN good job of political/military disclosure with our own sources.

80% of what I've heard in the MSM news, of what's been leaked, has certainly not in the least bit been "news" to me and for that... I thank the ATS crew and forums. As mentioned, if this proves anything it's that has ATS has validity amongst news leaders like AP, REUTERS, FOX, CNN etc...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Seriously, the wikileaks release is the defintion of ANTI-CLIMATIC.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I look at ATS before I look at any mainstream news everyday. Everyone here just "knows" what is going on. I love that and will never leave here for it.

Every avenue should be investigated. That is what happens here.

Peace and love to all

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

100% spot on...

Now, go wipe your nose off...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

100% spot on...

Now, go wipe your nose off...

I expected that lol.

Can't a student bring an apple to class anymore!?...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
wow, I really like this thread, S&F
! When I came to ATS as a lurker I would say I was a semi sheeple, I watched the msm and believed it, I didn't really question the official stor that much, I'v always had good logic and all but I was only 14 at the time, i'm 16 now, oooo big difference I know but that two years for me and this website have been VERY positive on my life, I consider myself more of a critical thinker now, I question everything until I reaserch it and form an educated opinion, this site is addicting, and is better than any msm site for REAL news. To sum it up, this sight has been amazing for me

So heres to you ATS for freeing me from the sheep pen, bahhhhh!

cheers!

ps: I agree with fiberx I could do without the I have returned threads and the prediction threads!

edit on 29-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

edit on 29-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've actually got better information here FASTER.
Along with twitter, it's just awesome.

I wonder sometimes if the NEWS is getting their ideas for stories here.
I've got a small group of friends and we are all going through the cables.
There's not a lot of great big jump out at you AHAS but then these cables are NOT top secret, and most of them aren't even secret! I'm not sure why people were hoping for big, big secrets.

However, it is a mass of information, the kind of detailed information that really helps one draw a good perspective.
Even the really crazy posts on ATS help give perspective. Might not be the one I'm looking for, lol, but sometimes, well, you just never know.
I'd rather it just all be put out there.
My only complaint are the personal attacks that seem to fly a bit too freely around here.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I love to see the "little ones" come around. lol

It is a great site where you 16 and I (nearly 50) can be friends and discuss things.

No generation gap. Not much anyway. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

yea, that is pretty cool that even though there is a slight age gap between us(albiet a little one :lol
we can still talk as equals wheres as outside this website it may be a little different
edit on 29-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

We need to get rid of the "I am god" and "ww3 starts at 5:42 and 12 seconds!!" posts though.

Nooo man! if we didn't had those posts the authorities would probably start to crack down on ATS immediately!

It's much better having them think and believe that we're all nutjobs and wierd loonies - therefore we need those posts as a cover to confuse them, so that the rest of the "hidden" brilliant threads and analysis blends into the wierd mix and don't stick out too much!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Information shared with all through the informed. I too will get a tidbit from the MSM, follow it on ATS, wonder what TPTB are up to and prepare myself for when TSHTF, always with an eye up in hopes of detection of a passing UFO. Where is Niburu by the way today? Knowledge is a great collectors item and priceless in the end.
It may not be what the internet was originally intended for....or, was it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Seriously? I don't get the point of this thread, if its to say that ATS is more reliable than wikileaks than that really rustled my jimmies. I really hope this is a joke, wikileaks is releasing roughly 250 000 documents over the a few months. I sure as hell havn't seen 250 000 different threads talking about and describing detailed aspects of the American Government. wtf man wtf

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iamAccnrh

The thread is not about ATS being better than Wikileaks

It is about how much coverage of Wikileaks is posted here, we have more things in here about Wikileaks than what MSM has broadcasted.

To the poster who was suggesting that maybe MSM get ideas from ATS; they do and have been for a while.

Nice thread, this place is great, always has been. We need Johnny Anonymous to do more shows, his presence gave some kind of face to ATS, its own news reporting desk, great videos bring them back!

Alternative media is taking over thanks to Wikileaks for being the ignition we needed to be seen by the masses. Due to the repetitive garbage on MSM, people have got impatient, getting their iPad out and Googling Wikileaks. They find themselves here, YT etc. As more leaks are out, they will return to the alternative and tell their friends URLs via Tweets that will direct them to alternative media sources.

2011 is going to be a very VERY interesting year, journalistically (word pending Oxford dictionary lol) speaking. Really, Im am really excited and stressed out all at once, one could call it a frenzy.

edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: sp

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

couldent agree more ,

S +F

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I agree. I am constantly telling family and friends about news stories that I get here days, and sometimes, weeks before it gets mainstream coverage. Aside from all the thought provoking content, it's why I continue to log in day after day. Nicely done.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The thread is not to say MSM gets info from ATS...
It's not to say Wikileaks is talking about a lot here...

It's to say the wikileaks leaks were basically things we've talked about on ATS over the last few years...
It's not "news" to us because we've made threads from various sources months, even years ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm not impressed for one reason:

That ATS believed these leaks like a Gospel without any critical thinking put behind it, not even questioning it.

I don't think anyone can disagree that this whole leak can potentially be a dis-info propaganda, used as a psychological warfare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join