It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China ready to abandon North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

China ready to abandon North Korea

www.guardian.co.uk

Leaked dispatches show Beijing is frustrated with military actions of 'spoiled child' and increasingly favours reunified Korea
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just seen this. What do people think?

"News of the Chinese shift comes at a crucial juncture after the North's artillery bombardment of a South Korean island last week that killed four people and led both sides to threaten war."

How do you think this news will play out in the coming weeks/days?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If China abandons NK then it is as good as dog food for the west..

That's what I think.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think they have set up NK to destroy the US with an EMP strike - and now they want to appear to have clean hands.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting choice of words "spoiled child" ... Because I have used those same words in posts in the past here, also referring to China as the "stepfather" of that spoiled child.

Those Chinese diplomats love metaphors.

In reality, despite the useless propaganda ... China supports North Korea in virtually all matters of its defense and security and especially it's military.

The LAST thing the Chinese will EVER want is a unified Korea.

They're not going to discipline their "spoiled child" any time soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So lets get this straight!

China is washing it's hands of North Korea.

Does this mean we can as they say "take them out"?

Little Kim has upset his biggest fan by the look of it, an opportunity not to be missed!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I Told you so

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The media was correct. The map is being laid out.Iran and North Korea is going to be taken down. I don't know about Venezuela or Libya.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Of course, these comments may have been "leaked" on purpose to make people think that NK is unallied and it's time to take out Kim - giving China a good excuse to attack countries such as the US without appearing to be the aggressor, becuase the US slapped the spoilt brat.

Or am I the only one that thinks like that?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Heaven help us all if this goes down the way I'm seeing it go down. Short of full-on war, I hope South Korea takes the "bigger man" stance and ignores the "spoiled child" to the North. I hope this ends peacefully, because it could get really bad really quickly.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If this is true i wonder how N. Korea will react? We have a meeting between N. Korea officials and China today, so I wonder if this will be brought up.

I don't blame China. It's about time this regime is left to collapse, and if they look like they want to collapse with a "bang" we should give them the bang first

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I saw hints of this, of course, since it's causing China monthly greif.. For it seems China has to answer for NK all the time... Which can be an issue to anyone.

However, I wonder how they would feel with no buffer zone between US/SK and China?

Hell, MAYBE if US deals with NK for China... they'll drop some of the debt... it would only cost a few million lives.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Whether or not the west has been plotting against Kim Jong mentally ill, is irrelevant. His government is evil, his people are worse off if nothing is done to change it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Leaked dispatches show Beijing is frustrated with military actions of 'spoiled child' and increasingly favours reunified Korea

Why would this surprise anybody? China would be foolish to risk its status (as a global player) for a rogue regime like NK. Look to thy own arse first right? of course. Every country will and to doubt this is naive.
edit on 29-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
First off Why is everyone here jumping the borad believing Wikileaks? since the first leaked documents i had my doubts on Wikileaks.

Sure Wikileaks may act kind and innocent these so called leaks aren't even trust worthy, i even doubt they are real
If they were real the guy behind Wikileaks would be long gone in prison, leaking secret government files is a offense

Yet still now i doubt the realism of these so called leaked documents including the one about china abandoning north korea? we all know China controls north korea and is allied with them, thus i see no reason for them to abandon NK.

Wikileaks cables reveal China 'ready to abandon North Korea' Leaked dispatches show Beijing is frustrated with military actions of 'spoiled child' and increasingly favours reunified Korea

Wikileaks Is becoming a clone joke

Hers a question if Wikileaks can release these such suppose leaked, why doesn't Wiki Release more dirt on the amercian actions during the Balkan wars?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Actually China's place in the UN and the cease-fire agreement are a good reason for NK to lose support. Despite what many believe NK is a UN issue not a US one. There is a lot more at stake then just US-China relations. More like China's UN relations.
edit on 29-11-2010 by hangedman13 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know I really feel sorry for North Korea. No country is perfect. A war will just create more death and empty promises.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Greed

Both China and the US have many things in common now regarding the region. Both the US and China want a stable situation for continued commerce. China needs a stable region to maintain it's growth and the US so it can get it's economy moving faster. US corporations and other western powers have invested hundreds of billions in China, South Korea and Japan etc.

A war would slow commerce in the region even possibly stopping it so North Korea can have a temper tantrum. That would cost China, US, Japan, South Korea and Russian etc...businesses a fortune that the global economy desperately needs right now.

PROFIT

China nor the US or anybody else for that matter will let little Kimmy and his band of merry-men stand in the way of Profits. Esp when you're talking about hundreds of billions.

China now has more in common with South Korea than it does that outdated backwards communist throw back economic black hole just to their South. If the Koreans are united and are friendly to both the US and China then there would no longer be a need or excuse for US forces in Korea.

China would be happy we left and the US could save a needed penny in defense spending.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

good point now we are talking a real conspiracy, make it all lies and then say it is real, by denouncing the leeks as harm full to the US and its allies, got to love TPTB, what better way of seeing who logs on to see what is said in the leaked reports.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Although a completely different situation, West & East Germany come to mind. Once the Soviet Union/Russia didn't back East Germany it rejoined it's natural neighbor, that event was peaceful.
If China does say we won't interfere this time, it will be just another war that bleeds American power in both blood and treasure, maybe that's what China wants. Then they have a fully capitalist state beside them that they can pump there goods into.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join