It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Aided Iran (Wikileaks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
According to the recent Leaks thanks to Julian Assange, we may have new information regarding Iran's relationship with North Korea...

Iran obtained 19 advanced missiles from North Korea, potentially giving the Islamic nation the capability of attacking Moscow and cities in Western Europe, according to embassy cables posted by WikiLeaks.org and provided to the New York Times.

The 19 North Korean BM-25 missiles, based on a Russian design known as the R-27, might give Iran the “building blocks” for producing long-range missiles, according to a Feb. 24 cable posted on WikiLeaks. The cable didn’t provide specific evidence, according to the Times, which agreed not to publish the document at the Obama administration’s request.

“North Korea and Iran have had a decades-long missile relationship and also most likely a nuclear relationship,” said Bruce Klingner, an analyst at the Heritage Foundation in Washington and former chief of the Central Intelligence Agency’s Korea branch. “The leaking of the classified documents provides a greater sense of confidence” for analysis conducted previously by outside experts and most recently illustrated in photos from a North Korean parade, he said.

Source

Interesting times ahead of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Man, OT but why do I see these topics and always read them wrong.

This one to me read "North Korean man wrinkle licks"

I swear im part dyslexic...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think most of what was "leaked" aided the overall goal of the US.

And I think that's pretty obvious.

How many threads are there about the name calling, and how many about Iran?

The Iran side of the story also DOMINATED the nightly news as well as the cable news networks.

It's PROPAGANDA people, WAKE UP!
edit on 29-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't think the leak will have been desired by the US.
I think it's just that Wikileaks has turned into a gossip mongering whore.
I supported the release of info about Iraq. This is different. Are we that stupid that we don't realise that behind the scenes, things are said by governments and people about others? It's the same in our private lives. Sometimes it doesn't help to publicise this sort of thing.
edit on 29-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

More worrying is that you clicked on it after reading that lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
hey !

rumsfeld sat at the board of directors of the company that sold IRAN the CENTRIFUGES in the first place,

so before any nuke nonsence about any axis of evil crap look at what your country has done in the past to aid in the circus thats become of this nonsence

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

So the leaks could be used to control the net and they also help out the current agenda. Can anyone else read between the lines. Something stinks about all of this.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just from seeing all these post and seeing the headlines of what they are leaking, I'm sure it's probably loaded with propaganda.
I get tired of seeing propaganda on TV and I used to like watching TV... I cut my cable because it started to sicken me... even on programs I liked. Totally ruined my TV viewing experience.

I would like to just get away from all this crap and perhaps just listen to music and occasionally watch a movie but in the process of cutting off stimuli, it gets very lonely and therefore very boring.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Exactly, with this much air time, it's planned.

There's no way it'd get so much MSM play in America if they didn't want it to be heard.

The American MSM stays silent on SO many things, this would have been one of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Exactly, with this much air time, it's planned.

There's no way it'd get so much MSM play in America if they didn't want it to be heard.

The American MSM stays silent on SO many things, this would have been one of them.

Yeah, doesn't the site go down at times or something? That's probably just to keep people going. Trying to make it look like the government is trying to take em down.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Personally, i think the US agencies have decided to try to make the best of a bad situation.

Slip a few 'prepared' snippets of 'intel' they want us to see into the press, and the WL fiasco becomes partly an advantage.

I too smell a *small* rat here (the small one's tend to go unnoticed).

Frankly, i'd have been surprised if the US intel people hadn't slipped in some beneficial propaganda...i would have done if i were in their shoes.

It's classic damage control techniques.

Slip in and feed some of your own 'leaks' to the press, and voila..instant suspicion of the accuracy of the WL release.

edit on 29/11/2010 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When propaganda plagues the media, ATS members complain.
When truth appears, ATS members still complain and claim it's propaganda.

The fact is, doesn't matter if it's truth or not, there will always be a minority that bitches about something.

top topics

join