It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet the Canadian whatever secret three letter agencies they have don't go around and collect DNA from our diplomats.

And I'll bet the ones that were doing it for us were answering to a dual citizen at one point...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
canada spies on the the american people for the american government. so i guess now someone needs to spie on them because now they are paranoid?

HAHAHAHAHA silly governments, they should all take their poison pills and get it over with.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yea, like what are we going to learn from Canada? Hey, look, there being Canadian up there!

We spy on EVERYONE, it's no big deal, I am sure that Canada has William Shatner spying for them down here.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't think it's out of the norm for the CIA to have diplomats spying on other diplomats.

Why would you need a directive to be data mining in other countries? Wouldn't that be the first thing you started doing if you wanted to play political football with various other nations in order to advance your interests?

Kind of a sensationalist headline though, I doubt it came directly from him.

The order for American diplomats to spy on their hosts was sent to 32 embassies around the world and several American missions at United Nations sites. The other countries on the receiving end of the spy list include allies such as Britain, France and Israel and countries with less friendly relations such as Pakistan, China and Saudi Arabia.

That's a whole mix load of different nations to be spying on. Good and bad it seems. Any other country is certainly doing the same thing.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I agree as far as knowing other countries collect information, EXCEPT the second you find there is a SPY in your country. time to kick all those doing the spying the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS out.

Spying is combative and in times of war executable, peace time .... DEPORT the spuds.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Cannot honestly say that I wouldn't want things like this done if I was president, but I still think a lot less of Obama personally after learning this. not to mention he's an idiot of getting caught.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada

Well .. I'd hope so! Just because they are next door doesn't mean they are doing what's best for this country. Canada does what's best for Canada. Just like every other country. We SHOULD be keeping an eye on them, and everyone else. Just as THEY are spying on us. Everyone spys on everyone else. That's the way it's been for at least 10,000 years of recorded history.

SO WHAT?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yea, like what are we going to learn from Canada? Hey, look, there being Canadian up there!

We spy on EVERYONE, it's no big deal, I am sure that Canada has William Shatner spying for them down here.

Thats not true! William Shatner is a Pliedian walkin who is operating on earth on a mission serving the Galactic Federation!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Besides, who needs Shatner when you've got so many Canadian spies disguised as hockey players in the NHL?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, I think these are the bullet points that are causing the consternation:

A. (S/NF) The intelligence community relies on State
reporting officers for much of the biographical information
collected worldwide. Informal biographic reporting via email
and other means is vital to the community's collection
efforts and can be sent to the INR/B (Biographic) office for
dissemination to the IC.

B. (S/NF) Reporting officers should include as much of the
following information as possible when they have information
relating to persons linked to : office and
organizational titles; names, position titles and other
information on business cards; numbers of telephones, cell
phones, pagers and faxes; compendia of contact information,
such as telephone directories (in compact disc or electronic
format if available) and e-mail listings; internet and
intranet "handles", internet e-mail addresses, web site
identification-URLs; credit card account numbers; frequent
flyer account numbers; work schedules, and other relevant
biographical information.

For the record, the cable is signed by Hillary Clinton

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Hmm.. I wonder why? Do you think something gave him a reason.
What are you Canucks up to up there?

Seems to me we're up to kicking your dollar to the curb. ouch!
(Don't worry we're still your friends)
Besides that we're kind of just rebuilding our military and our economy.
Putting the UN to the curb (rightly so).
Trying to negotiate free trade with Europe. You know the usual.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's fairly standard for governments to carry out espionage on friends and enemies, alike.

After all - today's allies may very well be tomorrow's enemies. It's not so much a preempt to action as it is a fact of life.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Apparently the leaks and spying and whatever else is left to be discovered doesn't matter. According to our foreign affairs minister it's all wikileaks fault, and out 'strong friendship' remains the same. But I don't want an elected officials opinion. If the people want something to come from all this information, then something should happen, regardless of how 'strong' our friendship is.

Jester

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The US and Canada are inextricably linked. The Canadian investment in the US comes to a whopping 25% of your economy i once read, and your investment in Canada exceeds 75% of all big business over 4 million bucks....
We are virtually a single entitiy with plans to become even more integrated as Canada and US troops have cross border arrangements and other govermental regulations are constantly being harmonized.....
You need our resources, and i need my Concealed caryy permit, and the protection of the constitution as written......
Hopefully we can make a deal......

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What low has our government sunk to when we spy on Canada, our longest and closest of friends, and turn a blind eye to Mexico slipping illegals through our borders in droves? Shameful day!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Another series of leaks is thought to deal with Canada's "inferiority complex".

I don't know if anyone watch's Hockey here at ATS, I like to watch it, so I didn't see any inferiority complex at the 2010 Olympics from the crowds in attendance or the Canadian teams that beat the American teams and won Gold in both the Womens & Mens Hockey games.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That's not spying..

It's just pressuring the validty of Canadian stats posted on WIki.

LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sure they can have our secrets as to how we make beer and igloos.

But not how our God for sake en Government works. It's all just to much to comprehend, I wonder if there is any 9/11 stuff or Disclosure stuff in there files.

I wonder if there would be any dog collar pictures in there, you know the ones of diplomats being dragged around.

Just saying!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We're after your beer formulas.

You can keep the ham, er I mean bacon.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
Either way if it's Obama or his Admin, he knows about it and it's RECENT, as he hasn't had an admin long.

This is BS, spy on our closest friends?

Who are we? israel?

That quote might be more true than you think. Where is all this DNA, fingerprints, credit card info, etc, going? CIA Database or Israel's Mossad?

<< 1    3 >>

join