It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee calls N. Korea's attack 'inhumane,' calls for national unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Lee calls N. Korea

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

He pointed out that among the North's numerous provocations, its bombardment of Yeonpyeong Island in the Yellow Sea last Tuesday marked the first direct strike on the South's territory since the end of their 1950-53 Korean War. The shelling killed two marines and two civilians and wounded nearly 20 others.

Artillery rounds pounded an area just about 10 meters away from a school, Lee said.

"I can't contain my anger over the North Korean regime's cruelty that ignores even the lives of children," Lee said. "(South Korea) will make North Korea pay the due price by all means for
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
edit on 28-11-2010 by Lupin because: Title

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It seems that S. Korea has finally run out of patience with North Korea. It doesn't seem like things are going to get better anytime soon. I especially find it interesting when Lee says "As the president, I stand here today with a sense of full responsibility." That says to me he's not going to just let this one go.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
S&F things are going to get ugly fast over there. The next two years of the world may be very eventful!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupin

It seems that S. Korea has finally run out of patience with North Korea. It doesn't seem like things are going to get better anytime soon. I especially find it interesting when Lee says "As the president, I stand here today with a sense of full responsibility." That says to me he's not going to just let this one go.

from the source:
Lee said. "(South Korea) will make North Korea pay the due price by all means for its provocation from now on

hes not going to do anything about this one, maybe next time but didnt they always do that? next time we will retaliate, next time comes and nothing...

they dont want war, the only time we will have war is when the north decide on a full invasion, or when the north attack a US ship etc...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It says to me that's exactly what he's going to do.

What's the alternative? suddenly start bombing North Korea to the stone age?

"I cannot contain my anger." Well, Lee... You haven't done anything other than speak words. I'm not saying that he should initiate war, but I am saying that his speech was pathetic and shows N. Korea that they have gotten away with murder yet again.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
It says to me that's exactly what he's going to do.

What's the alternative? suddenly start bombing North Korea to the stone age?

"I cannot contain my anger." Well, Lee... You haven't done anything other than speak words. I'm not saying that he should initiate war, but I am saying that his speech was pathetic and shows N. Korea that they have gotten away with murder yet again.

agreed. president lee was born on the 19th of December, this makes him a sagittarian. Sagittarians possess a natural exuberance, sense of adventure and love of life that makes them one of the most optimistic zodiac signs of all. so he doesnt want a stressful life, he wants to live the good easy life... he will always pussy out...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If this actually escalates into WW3, it would equate to calling S.W.A.T. to handle a cat because it bit you when it was cornered, and was starving, and a little nuts, and feral.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

Yep good ole SK pusses out AGAIN. If NK sinks one of our ships it will be on like Donkey Kong. I'm sure lil Kim and Jr. will screw up and at least shoot at one of our Capital ships and all hell will be unleashed on his bases.

Someone needs to take NK by force because its going to happen sooner or later, that leader is a massive crack pot and he has brainwashed most of the people there.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
make North Korea pay the due price by all means? How? Starting the real war with America? Hope they can calm down and don't be impulsive as N.K.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well then Lee needs to grow some hair and stop this, without dragging others into it. GET A PAIR

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
NK and Sk have been exchanging pot shots at each other for the last 50+ years across the DMZ and war has not broken out. So NK stepped it up this time And SK responded with their own artillery. thats as far as its going to go this time.

For once the U.S. is doing the right thing. they are telling Sk privately to calm down not do anything stupid. and publicly telling them to just do the joint exercises and put the ball in NK hands The U.S. has their back. And for once they are trying to make China use their regional influence over their ally. if Kim or his son want to be stupid thats on them. If NK is dumb enough to attack again then SK will retaliate and spark the resumption of the Korean war.

And make no mistake it will not be an easy war, it will not be a short war, it will be a very long and hard war to fight. And if China backs NK it will get even harder and will last alot longer.

edit on 11/29/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join