It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Peter King: WikiLeaks Should Be A 'Terror Organisation'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

WikiLeaks Should Be A 'Terror Organisation'

news.sky.com

An American politician has called for WikiLeaks to be designated a terrorist organisation following the release of the latest batch of leaked documents. New York Republican Peter King said the organisation was a "clear and present danger" to the US.

"WikiLeaks presents a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States," he said. "I strongly urge you (Foreign Secretary Hillary Clinton) to work within the Administration to use every offensive capability of the US government
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And so it begins. Everyone who is speaking the truth, the U.S. Government is intending to label as a "Terrorist". Now I'm really curious what the rest of those files are containing as only 219 cables were released until this time out of 250,000+.

And what is funny: "I (Peter King) strongly urge you (Foreign Secretary Hillary Clinton) to work within the Administration to use every offensive capability of the US government to prevent further damaging releases by WikiLeaks."

Isn't this the very same Hillary Clinton who is mentioned in these files as a spy?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If wikileaks is a terrorist organization then I guess from now on I want to be a terrorist. That label gets thrown around alot these days. Maybe I should print a t-shirt saying that I wanna be a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As I read the comments at CNN, I believe many people are already can be considered as a terrorist, especially those ones whose are intending to support WikiLeaks.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah and wikileaks run around blowing up scores of people and destroying countries. The only thing wikileaks has killed is the US government at its own game. Did they really think this information would be kept secret forever?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Join the club Wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
"Those people are terrorists!
They're terrorising people with the truth!"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The best is, not the WikiLeak documents are showing the true face of the U.S. Government, but the reactions like this one and the ones what we'll see in the next few days.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

You hear it from conservatives all the time. "If you have nothing to hide why should you complain about wiretaps, DHS, patriot act, ect."

Hypocrites!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Exactly, they love perving into everyones life but there own.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Do you know what will be funny, when we're going to hear the same from the Democrats too. Then the people will realize that Reps/Dems are the very same branch in the background.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Now after reading the article several times and looking at who said what, there are a few things that can be said about this: It is a bogus article in and of its own right. The first clue was that it was a Rep from New York, who is a Republican and calling Hilary Clinton the Foreign Secretary just does not make sense. After all if you are living in the US, working in DC, one would at least know the titles of the people, as they are confirmed by the congress. Last time this was checked, and I did such about 1 minute before making this post, the US does not have a Foreign Secretary, rather we have a Secretary of State. Foreign Secretary would be the title given to someone in say the British empire or over in Europe. To make this kind of a mistake at the federal level, kind of makes you think, is this a valid statement or just rhetoric and something taken out of context. Even the name and title are in parentheses, indicating that there is no way to know who the Rep was talking about. And somehow, something like this would not fall under the prevue of the Secretary of State to make or decide that kind of policy what so ever, as it is not the function of such.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is schoolyard stuff.

The US says "terrorist" before anyone else accuses them as the real terrorist.

People need to wake up.

"Don't shoot the messenger" used to be real' advice versus a whimsical saying.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It's from Sky News. Blame them if it's bogus.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I seen the same story on ITV news uk.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

Okay. So it's real, only CNN and the other U.S. media is forget to tell this to the U.S. citizens.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I like this. It's good when those in charge get upset at the common person, real good. It's very interesting, to me at least, to see such a 180 turn. Normally these folks, and I'm generalizing, follow a line of thinking that says....if you have nothing to hide, then what's to fear. Yes there are state secrets involved but most so far seems like heavy mud slinging. Surely if the details were that secret or not intended to public eyes, measures would have been taken to secure such detail. If the lives of joe public can be exposed and privacy readily invaded to better serve TPTB interest's, then so too can their dirty laundry be aired.

Some quotes:
"Political language. . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable" ~ George Orwell

"No one has ever succeeded in keeping nations at war except by lies." ~ Salvador de Madariaga

brill

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by Iam'___' because: reviewed

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Maybe I should print a t-shirt saying that I wanna be a terrorist.

Just wear your ATS T-Shirt
Same thing

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
documents are showing the true face of the U.S. Government,

Really? Not what I see

US embassy cables: Kuwait wary of Iranian influence
US embassy cables: Qatari prime minister: 'Iranians lie to us'
US embassy cables: Abu Dhabi royal lambasts Iranian 'emirates'
US embassy cables: Saudi king urges US strike on Iran
US embassy cables: Emirati crown prince broaches invasion of Iran

Seems the rest of the Arab World wants us to Take out Iran

U.S. recently made a contract to sell around 60 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia...

Pentagon plans $60 billion weapons sale to Saudi Arabia
www.washingtonpost.com...

$60 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia a needed boost for defense
thehill.com...

But at the same time Saudi Arabia is Al Queda's biggest funder

Saudis faulted for funding terror - Los Angeles Times
articles.latimes.com...

Saudi funds still flow to Al-Qaeda - Jihad Watch
www.jihadwatch.org...

Sigh.... around and around we go...

So... who wants to place a bet where the first nuke lands?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join