It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks #CableGate Data now available, access it HERE.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
"The documents show Saudi donors remain chief financiers of militant groups like al Qaeda"

We are buying oil from the Saudis so they can fund Al Qaeda? Am I wrong on this?

So we are essentially funding terrorists who are attacking our soldiers?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????????

Read the words..

Saudi donors could be anyone...random billionares...not the government.

If some idiot in maine sends money to a terrorist group overseas, does that mean the US is sending money to support that terrorist group?

anyhow...this was known as fact...what, like in 2001 once we started paying attention? if anyone is suprised that tons of saudi money is going towards terror organizations...they simply aren't paying attention.

Saudi Arabia is a messed up place...it is close to a true Sharia law, and the radical elements in SA are unhinged. the royalty there basically ignore it..they know they can't do anything about it, and if they tried, they would end up in a nonstop war against radicals trying to take them out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wikileaks
Masters of hype.

I totally want them as my marketing team...they could make the release of a classified ad for a bike seem like the most critical thing to read in ones life...

Perhaps this is actually a giant marketing ploy to announce their opening of WikiMarketing...

it would be simply genius..I mean, the world would collectively toss a stone at them..but I can't think of a single organization that wouldn't immediately hire them.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So essentially we can't stop the cycle. We need the oil. I'm guessing most billionaires in Saudi are oil tycoons. We're F'd basically.

We keep feeding the beast that we are supposedly trying to stop. If you can't stop the funding then you can't stop the war.

World's a mess...these documents are just showing how bad it really is...much of it we knew already...but now it hits the masses.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well I guess all we can do is wait

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'll take an Iman and a Minki Visser whenever we can place orders.

I'll even supply them with pillows to hone thier combat skills.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Even though these seem rather bland and un-news worthy in our opinion,

To the average American they will be seen as concrete evidence of something the "crazys" were jumping up and down about for the past few years.

Although I do still suspect this organization is not what we think they are and...

That what ever is going on is way over our heads right now...

We are just like kids in a candy shop, not worried about who owns it or what they are selling us...

"Just give us the good stuff" is all we care about... but they know we love to be lied to... the truth is never as exciting or pretty....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This was originally a double post, however..

Is anyone else having problems with ATS NOW?

I'm getting time outs, 502 & 504 Gateway errors AND messages telling me that the ATS servers are 'undergoing updates, please check back in a few hours'.

edit on 28-11-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Even though these seem rather bland and un-news worthy in our opinion,

To the average American they will be seen as concrete evidence of something the "crazys" were jumping up and down about for the past few years.

Although I do still suspect this organization is not what we think they are and...

That what ever is going on is way over our heads right now...

We are just like kids in a candy shop, not worried about who owns it or what they are selling us...

"Just give us the good stuff" is all we care about... but they know we love to be lied to... the truth is never as exciting or pretty....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Disappointed in the documents to say the least...I hope they are saving the "history changing" stuff to release in a few hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now online!!!
cablegate....__._/

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well I'm about 99% convinced Wiki-leaks is a dis info CIA op. This is all information that is too beneficial to be considered consequential to the U.S. especially enough for them to secret it anyway.

All the info I have seen thus far is perpetuating the story that Iran is Nuclear Nazi Germany and North Korea is the new Japan in the axis of evil WWII version 3.0...

The implications made in the leaks so far imply exactly what the US and more specifically Israel has wanted from the get go. Attack on Iran, occupation, and the building of a pipe-line.

The US Israel relations goes like this:

US wants their fingers deep inside the middle east resources and "infrastructure" of how those resources are acquired, controlled, distributed, etc etc.

Israel wants to get rid of the bullies in their immediate sandbox that refuse to acknowledge their "legitimacy" as a sovereign country based on "religion". The legitimacy of Israel's existence is easily debatable, hence the constant problem with Israel. U.S. is key to Israel's agenda to rid their sandbox of their "unfriendly". They can't hack it alone and ever since 9-11, coincidentally the US has had a huge stake in that area of the world. Prior to 9-11 all the US had is all that Israel had...paranoia.

So now their relationship is severely intertwined as they are both an intricate parts to fulfill their agendas.

US - resources/infrastructure/control in the middle east.
Israel - unwavering acceptance of their self perceived legitimacy of a sovereign JEWISH nation.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ommadawn

Now, the big question - how do we know that ANY of these documents are the real thing?

Because we saw it on TV or read it in a newspaper, or found it on the web?

Good question...controlled leaks to bring us to war with iran...sure...why not.

Or perhaps, as mentioned in other threads...Wikileaks is actually just a CIA front..pretending to be some freedom fighting info zone.

Those whom fought for wikileaks and what they do...expecting they were about to release some massive anti-american documents...you breathlessly defended wikileaks as some pinnicle of truth that will show the west up for what it is.

So far...the only thing that is being shown up is how Iran needs to be wiped off the face of the planet...and north korea

You still championing wikileaks? Still demanding their word is the one to listen to? Still unwilling to consider if wikileaks may have a hidden agenda?

I wish I had the time to review and process 250,000 documents and pull out the 30 or so juicy stories.

That alone is a little bit fishy is it not?

Even if they have had the data since Feb 2010, reading and processing/checking that number of documents is a bit of a struggle.

Especially when you have the other leak to get out in the summer.

Incredible.

(not credible)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah, but by our definition they are haboring terrorists. If you harbor them, you're guilty by association, and whamo bamo, here comes the Shock and Awe.

Speaking of shock and awe, the wikileaks this far are.. yawwwn.

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by David9176
"The documents show Saudi donors remain chief financiers of militant groups like al Qaeda"

We are buying oil from the Saudis so they can fund Al Qaeda? Am I wrong on this?

So we are essentially funding terrorists who are attacking our soldiers?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????????

Read the words..

Saudi donors could be anyone...random billionares...not the government.

If some idiot in maine sends money to a terrorist group overseas, does that mean the US is sending money to support that terrorist group?

anyhow...this was known as fact...what, like in 2001 once we started paying attention? if anyone is suprised that tons of saudi money is going towards terror organizations...they simply aren't paying attention.

Saudi Arabia is a messed up place...it is close to a true Sharia law, and the radical elements in SA are unhinged. the royalty there basically ignore it..they know they can't do anything about it, and if they tried, they would end up in a nonstop war against radicals trying to take them out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have to say this is not at all what I expected. It was reported earlier somewhere that Israel wasn't worried about the impending leaks. Now I see why.

It is beginning to look like a well played out script. Sympathy for a strike on Iran should swell as a result of this.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Saudi Arabia is gunning for Iran because they are the next biggest competitor in the oil resource market.

Red flag #1

Yet, if anyone has more than a week attention span, they will remember that the U.S. recently made a contract to sell around 60 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia...

No we were occupied last week... something about that 'missile' that China launched from a sub off LA. I missed that deal

Gonna be a long night of checking into these cables.. I wish WL had them up and searchable - I think these News Orgs were only given fractions of the entire database. Earlier estimates were around 2.7 million -- we will see soon enough.

The fact that Wikileaks partnered with the news agencies to release these... Red Flag #2

Still lurking till we see em all
Well sorta lurking

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
REMEMBER!

Not ALL the documents have been released, 15,000 are categorized as 'SECRET', only about 50 of these documents have been released!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Safe to view these cables directly connected or should I hide behind a proxy??

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

Well, you and like 50 million other people are currently looking at them...pretty safe.

and frankly, not overly remarkable...nothing like...mind blowing...or frankly, nothing here the slightly informed didn't know already.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply!

Alright yeah I'll probably wait then for bigger news.
Current stuff is good to but it isn't somethin world changing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I would like to clarify:
As the cablegate site says:

Currently released so far... 220 / 251,287 documents

And i also read this
(regarding a report dating 2008 on Paraguay's overall situation)
"
Biographic and financial information on all leading
contenders, and especially on Minister of Education Blanca
Ovelar, former Vice President Castiglioni, Lino Oviedo, and
Fernando Lugo; and biometric data, to includefingerprints, facial images, iris scans, and DNA, on these individuals.
"
Dna? Wtf? Like a hair?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join