It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

So it has begun. What these DDoS attackers are forgot, the files are already on plenty computers, thanks to the WikiLeaks Insurance policy. So Wiki's other option, release the password for that file, then the people handle the rest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wish all the offended foreign goverments good luck in your extortion demands upon our corrupt US officials, to include:
The address of the Bush plantation in Uraguay, South America.
The address of the Cheny plantation whenever that materializes.
The addresses of all authors of the Patriate Act.
etc., etc., ect...

Happy hunting!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First editions of tomorrow Der Siegel Newspaper are out :

Summarize what seems going to happend :

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Two good sources with real time information on this matter :
OWNI Post on States Logs
NewNow on Wikileaks
edit on 28/11/10 by digit78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/11/10 by digit78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Oh, now look at that. What a surprise.

Good job they distributed most to news organizations around the world too then huh?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So are these new wikileaks really going to "change the history of the world"? No.

Seems to me just political tabloid drama. The U.S. says some mean things about foreign leaders behind their backs. News at a 11.

I'm disappointed so far. History of the world....not changed.
edit on 28-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I love that poster. Took me a minute to realise its got the ark of the covenant in it :-)

Very funny.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
So are these new wikileaks really going to "change the history of the world"? No.

Seems to me just political tabloid drama. The U.S. says some mean things about foreign leaders behind their backs. News at a 11.

I'm disappointed so far. History of the world....not changed so far.

there's been like 5 cables released so far.
theres a supposed to be 2.8 mil pages worth of cables right? 400,000x7
one cable is like 1-2 lines man. try and imagine.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
Wikileaks Twitter Update: 3 minutes ago.

"We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack."

I was trying to find out what a " mass distributed denial of service attack " actually entails when I came across this .....
Mass Cyber attack paralyses Burmese media

The strategy has become the Burmese junta’s key weapon of cyber warfare,despite many countries outlawing it – in the UK, conviction of DDoS can carry a 10-year prison sentence. But the laws are comparatively relaxed in a number of other countries, and a similar, but less serious, attack on the DVB website on 20 September used equipment in Russia, Georgia, Vietnam, Israel and Kazakhstan, amongst others.

mass distributed denial of service attack

..........which fires thousands of malformed web connections against the site.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
Someone help me answer this i'm very confused....

If all these big countries dont like wikileaks, just like America... why is it still up? it would be hacked.. shut down.. and taken off...

am i the only one who thinks they want it to be running?

or is there something someones isn't telling me?

You must live in a fantasy world where you believe that anything can be stopped...

Not so my friend..... The Internet is a huge place

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yep, basically there is a three way handshake, your browser typically sends a SYN packet, saying id like to talk to you, then the Webserver sends back a SYN/ACK and waits for the final ACK from the browser side...

What will typically happen is that the attacker just won't answer with the last part, leaving the web server in a hold state.... For about 2 minutes....

This is usually not a problem because a web server can service many may browsers at a time.... However when done in a large amount in a distributed manner, it can completely overload the web server so that it can't do it's job.
edit on 28-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
I don’t know if its relevant or sheer coincidence, but I have been refreshing the wiki site all day. Now I have no connection to the site, just keeps telling me Internet explorer cannot detect web page.

Peace

Wikileaks.org is making news all over the world today. Expect problems connecting to it. I'm sure it's servers will be overloaded with HTTP requests.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
this is all so insane. can you guys believe that this whole scenario is actually playing out right now? could this leak really be so revolutionary? could it really change the world? this is like the a-bomb of information, and the entire world will be there to witness it and take part in the detonation. god i hope we get some good done from all this, really.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Yep, basically there is a three way handshake, your browser typically sends a SYN packet, saying id like to talk to you, then the Webserver sends back a SYN/ACK and waits for the final ACK from the browser side...

What will typically happen is that the attacker just won't answer with the last part, leaving the web server in a hold state.... For about 2 minutes....

This is usually not a problem because a web server can service many may browsers at a time.... However when done in a large amount in a distributed manner, it can completely overload the web server so that it can't do it's job.

Thanks HunkaHunka for explaining the process .

"A three way handshake" ........

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
Wikileaks Twitter Update: 3 minutes ago.

"We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack."

Wow...Governments ARE trying to stop them. The leaks must be really bad.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I thought about translating the Twitters of freelancer_09, but the quotes of Der Spiegel are not too impressing at all. It seems, the US diplomats see our politicians as most of the people here see them.

Also, DER SPIEGEL only concentrates on the German perspective.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wikileaks a touch of assange, the smell of Aipac

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Thanks HunkaHunka for explaining the process .

"A three way handshake" ........

It's this three way handshake that creates a conceptual connection.... Thats the wildest thing... The only thing which actually makes a connection is a concept which is assumed after this three way handshake is completed...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just realized. This might be the beginning of the end of free speech on the Internet. Once all of these leaks get out, there will be no way to prevent people all over the world from sharing the information with each other.

How long before they shut down all of the blogging sites, including this one?

Doesn't President Obama have the power to shut down the Internet?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Last news from Owni :

The Telegraph writes that the StateLogs will show that Russian president Putin and Italy’s Premier Berlusconi enjoyed a ’special relationship’. They have been friends for the past 5 years and spent numerous holidays together, says the Telegraph, in a way that worried the US.

Guardian investigative editor David Leigh says on his Twitter account that the Guardian will publish the documents tonight “even if Wikileaks goes down”

the Minister of foreign affairs Franco Frattini wants the Italian court to open an investigation on WikiLeaks. Frattini believes the Statelogs are a crime that could seriously damage the international image of Italy. The documents could show damaging information on relations between Italy and Libya, the United States and Russia. Silvio Berlusconi and Vladimir Putin would be particularly targeted.

News agency Reuters reveals that the upcoming StateLogs might contain sensitive information about corruption dealings in Russia, Afghanistan and Central Asian Republics. US officials reportedly said that the revelations are “major enough to cause serious embarrassment for foreign governments.”

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join