It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Federal Law Passed which Plans for Doomsday and Continuity of Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"Compulsory disaster education will be taught to all schoolchildren in a national bid to better prepare Australia for future natural catastrophes and pandemics.

As part of the push, Australia has also begun preparing for contingencies where national or state governments are wiped out, according to a confidential plan obtained by The Sunday Telegraph.

The doomsday plan, obtained using Freedom of Information laws, allows the states to co-operatively run the federal government if necessary, or the prime minister and state leaders to take control of another state or territory.

The doomsday plan was signed off in August after years of resistance by states, and sets out who succeeds as the nation's leader in the event of catastrophe that incapacitates a government.

The actual details of the "continuity of government" plans are classified, but it is understood the federal succession plan follows the seniority in the federal ministry, followed by the heads of government departments.

The education plan was signed off on Friday by emergency services ministers, and made the Federal Government responsible for developing school lessons for inclusion in the national curriculum.

Federal Attorney-General Robert McClelland said the disaster blueprint was needed to improve the nation's preparedness for natural disasters.

He said one of the key lessons from past emergencies has been the importance of householders being prepared, which had prompted the push to make disaster education a compulsory part of schooling.

School lessons will include teaching children to keep 72-hours worth of emergency supplies at home, making evacuation plans, and preparing emergency kits with torches, battery-operated transistor radios and money."

Source: The Sunday Telegraph, November 28, 2010.

Is this just good planning, or do they know something we don't?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
seems like lately every nation is prparing for something...well, atleast the leadership is...but what? whats with all the secrecy?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seems its geeting close to the time when I should bend over a kiss may arse goobye.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Yeah, seems like they're trying to prepare us. Better than abandoning us I suppose, but I'd still like to know what the threat is.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If sh--t does ever hit the fan and everything is destroyed then i hope the us government is destroyed too well pretty much every government they're all corrupt right so it only makes sense ..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
page 24 of the newspaper.

interesting how the press won't share some printed stories online.

Maybe members from survival forum will like this.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks for putting the article up. Tried to find it online but with no success, pity it would have saved me a heap of typing. Will probably be available tomorrow when it's not current news.

Wasn't sure what the appropriate forum was for this article. I had a short list of about 4 places I could have put it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Something else I noticed, the article goes on to say in part:

"The impetus for the plan stemmed from a report on the Christchurch earthquake.

The report concluded that Christchurch residents had benfited from education programs, and had prepared adequately to go for a long period without services".

But the plan was signed off back in August and the Christchurch earthquake occurred in early September if my memory serves me. Hmmmm!! How could the earthquake have been the impetus for the plan??

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is exactly why we need wikileaks ....

Since they classified something that pertains to a government suddenly becoming totalitarian using the reason, or excuse of continuity of government because of some nationwide disaster..

The only reason to classify any plan like this is to hide things that would cause people to literally descend upon the government preemptively and tear them limb from limb.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
This is exactly why we need wikileaks ....

Since they classified something that pertains to a government suddenly becoming totalitarian using the reason, or excuse of continuity of government because of some nationwide disaster..

The only reason to classify any plan like this is to hide things that would cause people to literally descend upon the government preemptively and tear them limb from limb.

Yes I agree that it's odd to classify who's going to be in charge depending on what scenario. Why wouldn't we have the right to know?

btw your signature is by the same person as mine... I like it!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
seems like lately every nation is prparing for something...well, atleast the leadership is...but what? whats with all the secrecy?

There's no secrecy, only stupidity.

It's very, very, very, very obvious what will eventually go down. That's a collapse of civilization.

We've been warned about climate change, ocean acidification, deforestation, coral reef bleaching, and even peak oil. It'll happen sooner than later, yet nobody seems to able to pinpoint a reasonable timeline. All I can say is that it will certainly happen this century, it's highly probable to go down before the start of the third decade of this century, and it may just happen next month!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yeah, THAT... or NSW going broke, Qld mutineering against Captain Bligh, Planet X coming into view, UFO's around the sun or 2012!

I could go on, but I won't.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Yeah, THAT... or NSW going broke, Qld mutineering against Captain Bligh, Planet X coming into view, UFO's around the sun or 2012!

I could go on, but I won't.

I'm sure you could, but what's the point? What you mentioned (at least besides the first two of which I haven't a clue what they're referring to) seems to have no credible evidence whatsoever. What I mentioned has mounds and mounds of data that has been throughly analyzed. Big difference!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes folks here we are ! What exactly are we preparing for ? Earthquake , Cyclone , Solar event , Tsunami , Alien invasion or just a good old fashion war ? Well seems like someone knows something and what ever it is it may be we are able to survive it... So the government say lets train the sheepeople !! There is going to be a day we wake up and its going to be a different world... Store food and water folks at the least !!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here in Canada I was reading the ticker on one of our news channels. One of the statements were that "NF should start buying in bulk". That was all that was written and I found it to be slightly odd. Although with all the bad weather they get all the time, I am certain that they do prepare for emergency's.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sorry about that Unity. I will explain.

The abbreviations are NSW - New South Wales and Qld is Queensland. Both are states within Australia. As soon as I posted those I realised that anyone outside of Australia wouldn't necessarily know what I was referring to.

The New South Wales economy is fragile. The Captain Bligh reference is for Premier Anna Bligh who is the State Leader of Queensland who is facing a voter backlash.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

No worries, I'm just an ignorant American anyways!

But seriously, I think it may be a bit bigger than anything which seems to be happening within an individual country. Just look at how many countries are having these continuation plans for government. It's quite a few within the decade.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have me a West Aussie survival plan, for continuity of preservation of self!.

Yep - load up the truck with beer and ice, and head for the independent principality of Hutt River province.

Likely i'll hook the boat & trailer up behind the truck and drag it into the desert with me to Hutt River Province - (might even throw in the guns as well)...and offer my services as rear admiral of the navy!

I figure If i have to fight and die to save something it might as well be his royal highness prince len and hs wife HRH shirley!

I guess if the ice caps do melt and the sea rises - then hutt river could well become prime ocean front land and maybe I can even launch the boat!

Maybe thats the plan for everyone at ATS?...

Probably enough room for us all at Hutt River...

You might wanna check it out - its all here,

hutt-river-province.com...

At least no one will be aiming to nuke us - HRH Len and Shirley get on with most every nation in the world!.

Must remember to get my passport updated or they wo;t let me thru the farm gate.

Hey - I never said it was a good plan - just a plan - OK? ;o)

Cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Something else I noticed, the article goes on to say in part:

"The impetus for the plan stemmed from a report on the Christchurch earthquake.

The report concluded that Christchurch residents had benfited from education programs, and had prepared adequately to go for a long period without services".

But the plan was signed off back in August and the Christchurch earthquake occurred in early September if my memory serves me. Hmmmm!! How could the earthquake have been the impetus for the plan??

Good observation friend . I'm afaid that it is much worse than we will be told or at least until it is in our faces .It will be based on the American model and for a reason .We also have our own FEMA called EMA and all Australians better get familiar with that quick smart .

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Can you provide more information on this EMA? I'm not familiar with it.

<<   2 >>

join